Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So I wanted to get a better handle on certain spells/treasure hunter procs/ etc. since even battlemod makes the messages go by too fast.

I noticed Ohshi says it can track TH, but I don't see what command I use to get it to. Was that removed?

If it was, has anyone been able to get THtracker to work with Battlemod? It doesn't work for me, and I saw a two year old thread claiming these two addons conflict.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It probably depends which one you load last. Try reloading thtracker after logging in with /lua r thtracker

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It probably depends which one you load last. Try reloading thtracker after logging in with /lua r thtracker
    just tested it. The window will pop up then disappear two seconds later.

It always says "No Current Mob" even if I turn it on already engaged.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Also, what's the specific commands I would hit to get Ohshi to track certain mobs spells. Ie. I'd like it to track when the mob casts poison, paralyze, etc. so I can -na people.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    just tested it. The window will pop up then disappear two seconds later.

It always says "No Current Mob" even if I turn it on already engaged.
    I see what is wrong here, but can't fix it until next free login campaign. The THtracker addon just needs to parse action packets instead of text.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I see what is wrong here, but can't fix it until next free login campaign. The THtracker addon just needs to parse action packets instead of text.
    kk thanks!

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

my game freezes when i try to use wincontrol.

i have dual monitors, same resolution. i loaded my game in borderless window mode and typed [//wincontrol move 1920 0]. game froze.
    so i run it again, but this time i type [//window_toggleframe] first. i enter [//wincontrol move 1920 0] and my game freezes again.
    so then i run my 800x600 windowed mode profile, the game window is in the middle of the screen, so i type [//wincontrol move 0 0]. locks again.

am i doing something wrong?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by vm0d View Post
    my game freezes when i try to use wincontrol.

i have dual monitors, same resolution. i loaded my game in borderless window mode and typed [//wincontrol move 1920 0]. game froze.
    so i run it again, but this time i type [//window_toggleframe] first. i enter [//wincontrol move 1920 0] and my game freezes again.
    so then i run my 800x600 windowed mode profile, the game window is in the middle of the screen, so i type [//wincontrol move 0 0]. locks again.

am i doing something wrong?
    Simple workaround: Set the 2nd monitor (the one you are trying to move FFXI to) as your primary. This way FFXI will load on that one and you shouldn't have to move anything.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wincontrol is currently broken (and has been for a very long time, in all honestly).

As far as I know, the only workaround is to use //window_toggleframe and then manually drag the thing wherever you want it. Yes, this probably means you won't get perfect 0,0 positioning.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Simple workaround: Set the 2nd monitor (the one you are trying to move FFXI to) as your primary. This way FFXI will load on that one and you shouldn't have to move anything.
    i actually have this setup, doesn't fix 2 instances. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaEpyon View Post

As far as I know, the only workaround is to use //window_toggleframe and then manually drag the thing wherever you want it. Yes, this probably means you won't get perfect 0,0 positioning.
    this is exactly what i ended up doing.

thank you very much for the info

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaEpyon View Post
    Wincontrol is currently broken (and has been for a very long time, in all honestly).

If you use //window_togglefullscreen after moving it it will put it to 0,0.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    If you use //window_togglefullscreen after moving it it will put it to 0,0.
    (^_^)b

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Took a long break from FFXI and came back to game last month. I have found some problems while using OhShi addon:
    (1) the exclamation mark image (for dangerous TP move) is not flashing, it just pop and remains on the screen.
    (2) the text box for displaying the mob's TP move is not shown on the screen.

reference:

Tried the following things:
    1) Redownloaded ohshi
    2) redownloaded addons/libs

Still getting the same, exclamation mark which stays on the screen. No textbox isn't displaying on the screen.

Is there any fix for this?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I'm trying to bind my G15's G-keys in Gearswap. I have them programmed through LGS to be F13-24, which I thought would be simple to do, but apparently gearswap doesn't know what to do with them.

I thought perhaps using Binder would help, but the only binder script examples I see are for console commands (which is an extremely indirect way of doing what I want it to do), and I can find next to no documentation on how to actually set up binder in the first place. So, is there someplace that has Binder documentation?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

First, Thank you all for your contributions (understatement) to Windower and the overall FFXI experience (at least from me). I've been playing on and off since a little after the NA release. I recently got back into the game after a semi short break of a about 6 months. Most of my LS folks have since moved on, and I still really enjoy playing.

I now have an alt (GEO) and I'm just getting into the whole dualboxing thing. I've read Byrth's dualboxing guide on BG Wiki and like the scripting aspect of it. I've turned on send/subtarget/shortcut addons in windower. I've made several scripts that I can use on my Main to control my alt.

I've read through the over 300 original BG forum post for windower help and even this newer one that was just created recently, and although there are several post that "hint" around it, I still can get the <t>, <bt> target thing to work.

So, I figured I'd go right to the source in hopes soemone can help me script this properly. It would be greatly appreciated.

I want to be able to send a command to my alt to cast say GEO-Frailty on the mob I'm currently fighting.

Here's my current script and variations I've tried: (Note: Blurredlines is my alts name)
    'GEO-Frailty' <t>; I've tried putting <bt>, I've tried &lt;bt&gt;, I've tried &lt;t&gt;, I've tried <&lt;bt&gt>; I've tried <&lt;t&gt>;
    wait 5;
    ja 'Ecliptic Attrition' Blurredlines;
    wait 1;
    ja 'Life Cycle' Blurredlines

I also tried adding a Assist Drittzz (my main's name) ahead of the GEO spell.

Any advice, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

<bt> can be a bit finicky, especially in multi-target situations. Usually just fails completely and nothing happens if there are 2+ valid targets. For single target though, it works great. On your main, if you want the macro to tell your dbox to do that, this is what it should look like:
    Code:
    /con send Blurredlines /ma "Geo-Frailty" <bt>
    /wait 5
    /con send Blurredlines /ja "Eccliptic Attrition" <me>
    /wait 1
    /con send Blurredlines /ja "Life Cycle" <me>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Which plugin are you trying to get this to work with? autoexec? send?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello, sorry to piggy back but I havent posted enough to create a thread.

I'm having an issue with shortcuts addon. I put the error i get below. I've tried uninstalling windower, shortcuts a few times and no fix. My husband's PC has the same addons and his addon works (we looked at the LUA and they are the same). I also had him send me his LUA file, wont work for me.

Shortcuts: LUA runtime error: shortcuts/statics.lua:200: bad argument #1 to "pairs" (table expected, nil)

The word pairs on line 200 of my LUA is highlighted bright blue, but I'm not sure what to try to fix it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    <bt> can be a bit finicky, especially in multi-target situations. Usually just fails completely and nothing happens if there are 2+ valid targets. For single target though, it works great. On your main, if you want the macro to tell your dbox to do that, this is what it should look like:

My work around to multiple targets is pick a person who you can depend on to be an assist, use a send /assist {playername} and then do what you need to do.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Which plugin are you trying to get this to work with? autoexec? send?
    Send addon