• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Yeah but George Hill missed because Draymond had a lame violation th he t the refs didn't call. LOL

I'm holding firm on the Klaw and the King in SA
    you bout to be holding firm to a lottery pick

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I never understood how Kupchak goes from brilliant moves like getting Pau Gasol to albatrosses like overpaying Deng and Mozgof

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    So they'd have:

LeBron
    PG
    Lonzo
    Ingram
    Randle
    Kuzma
    Hart
    KCP

They could/would definitely be top three with that squad, but I'd worry about the untested supporting cast in series against the Rockets and Warriors.

And I think Randle and KCP would have to be moved to make the cap numbers work? I'm not sure

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    I thought the Clarkson and Nance deal cleared enough room for the Lakers to sign two outright? The problem is they can't sign two outright plus keep Randle without some other moves. I'm kind of working under the assumption that Ingram would be the first to go for the Lakers if they got PG and LeBron because in a world where you have PG and LeBron, he becomes the most expendable of their four young players.

As I said, I think you need at least 2 of Lonzo, Kuzma, and Randle to elevate their games before they offer the support necessary to topple GS or the Rockets. If LeBron is willing to invest in 3-4 years, likely the last big team jump he has as the undisputed best player in the league, LA is the place to go. But the window would be in the second half of the contract. If he wants to win right now, Houston is more likely to deliver in the next one to two years.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

isn't Randle the least versatile of the young Lakers? or has he added to his arsenal of "spin move in the paint"?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Probably, but he's also the most developed and reliably productive. Also assuming you have PG and LeBron I think a player who can play 4 + small ball 5 is more valuable than a 3 who can barely manage small ball 4. Though I'm unsure if the Lakers tried him at 2 and how well he did.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

the market on Randle might be a little softer than anticipated but there's no way Lakeshow can afford him + 2 maxes unless he wants to right off tens of millions.

regardless I don't really buy that roster construction. Ingram Bron and PG all play the same position and Kuzma plays the position they upsize to and is a weak defender besides, he's not in the same cosmos as an undersized Draymond anchoring at 5. and neither is Randle if they chuck someone to resign. add in Lonzo being at his weakest off the ball (which the ball dominant forwards would reduce him to) and I don't buy it. there's talent, they're young, and it won't be as bad a mishmash as OKC turned out to be. but I have a real hard time seeing them taking out the finely honed machines in Houston and Golden State, both of which they're going through as a 3-seed.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think Paul George has proven, playing with Westbrook, he doesn't need the ball in his hands. LeBron works fantastically with the ball in his hands but I think that he handles the ball as a point-forward game when he's not playing with a truly talented point guard. While Lonzo is a far cry from CP3, I imagine that LeBron ends up playing a lot more off the ball in Houston or LA. GS proves that passing ability doesn't go to waste just because you are not the one starting the set in the half-court. And it would be one way to reduce his workload, which is going to become increasingly important.

The ideal situation for the Lakers would be to turn Randle + Ingram into solid complimentary players at SG and Center. A good defensive anchor or a 3 and D sniper. Or if they can somehow turn a package with Randle + Ingram + Kuzma/Lonzo into a low tier all-star to be the third wheel.

Also Boogie might be gettable at a discount after his injury (but could backfire of course)

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

my man

if Kyrie Irving doesn't qualify as a "truly talented point guard" I fear your description of such encompasses maybe two people.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    my man

if Kyrie Irving doesn't qualify as a "truly talented point guard" I fear your description of such encompasses maybe two people.
    Bleh imprecise wording. He handles the ball when there's not someone like Kyrie to do it. I mean, he handled the ball a lot less with Kyrie compared to this season or with Chalmers right?

If he goes to LA or Houston I see him handling the ball less

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Lebron is not going to the Lakers. Why would he go to a worse situation? There are better teams and better fits for him.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lebron is not going to the Lakers. Why would he go to a worse situation? There are better teams and better fits for him.
    The reasons to go to the Lakers aren't teammate related. Quality of life, children's opportunities, business opportunities, plus the chance to play for arguably one of the 2 most iconic franchises in the league. Kuzma? Ball? Randle? None of them matter. And him and PG aren't beating Houston or GS.

Houston makes the most sense but they might have to gut their roster to afford him, meaning maybe not. Philly is interesting, but that takes the ball out of Simmon's hands a lot, which makes it less interesting and the fit with those 3 is iffy on the court.

Sadly the best fit is Boston. That Ringer article went into some detail but honestly missed the best trade. Lebron opts in, then gets traded to the Celtics for Horford and a pick. The salaries match and Cleveland gets a good player and pick out of it, better than letting him walk for nothing. Lebron gets his max salary, and the Celtics can roll out a crunch time 5 of Kyrie, Tatum, Hayward, Brown, and Lebron. That's a fully switchable 5 (Kyrie defending Durant is a problem) that can shoot and defend all 5 positions.

That team can hang with/beat GS.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

That's true, he will be 34 this year, he wont wait 2-3 years to get a competitive team, imo he will move to Rockets, Sixers or Spurs.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Worse than the Cavs?

I agree that LA is definitely not a win now prospect. But, assuming Paul George is coming with him, it arguably offers the best mix of immediate security and long term potential between having PG with him right now and multiple promising young players (Bron probably going to have input on which the team should keep but regardless two minimum would need to develop before LA could compete with GS/Houston).

Houston, Spurs, etc. are ready to compete now but it's completely do or die. Either the CP3/Harden/Bron or Kawhi/Bron/LMA trios are good enough to topple GS now or they aren't. Those teams won't have options to get substantially better in the event they lose to GS in the WCF.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

For real, the Spurs window will be like 2-3 years.

Lebron needs to set himself up for when he's not the best player in the league. I think the Lakers give him the most security long term. They have good young players, another younger star in PG, and the ability to lure players to come join and win.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Don't worry yall, the Balls will do there best to make sure Lebron doesn't play for the Lakers.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lonzo is the easiest one to fit in but if Bron wants him out to secure a contract, I have no doubt Magic will shed no tears kicking LaVar to the curb. Staples is supposedly the only stadium that has implemented rules impeding people talking to LaVar and the filming of their show.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Lebron going to the Lakers would be like Jordan on the Wizards. Lebron is only 34, I don't think he is ready to give up on winning and is only about making action movies and hair care commercials.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Parade went right by my office in downtown Oakland, so that was cool

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Parade went right by my office in downtown Oakland, so that was cool

How was traffic getting to work? I knew to make sure I didn't have to go down there today due to the shit show it's been in the past with the parades.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    How was traffic getting to work? I knew to make sure I didn't have to go down there today due to the shit show it's been in the past with the parades.
    I biked, only big boss drove and he barely made it in before they closed streets off at 6

BG Level

not jumping the tragedy that is Atlanta for the shipwagon even while living in the Bay, hespect Moss

both my traitorous brothers have gone full Dubsdom after moving out there smh