1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If anyone wasn't expecting BLU to be a sight seeing log with a challenge log attached to it I dunno what to tell you.

Its a side activity that's fun in the sense that there's content to do and glamour to get. Not to mention the side story of the Whalaqee which I'm sure we'll get to see in an expansion or two when FFXIV decides to get off the rock we call The Three Great Continents.

Then again my hype left the building the moment they said BLU would be a level 50 limited job so *shrug*

Its a caster DPS that plays outside of the usual meta we normally see. And honestly its better than leveling a caster role from 50-70 through Palace of the Dead and Heaven on High.

I will say the "fun" gets crushing when you're trying to learn abilities from primals/dungeons and you end up needing to do it twice because while I imagine clearing one of these fights with 8 BLU mages is possible, its a lot faster to just nuke it with a level70 job and hope the damn thing procs twice.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Its a side activity that's fun in the sense that there's content to do and glamour to get.

Glamour that only BLU, the job that can't do anything other than a set of solo BCs and lv 50 dungeons/trials, can wear. Not exactly much of a perk.

The primals learning rate is complete bullshit, it's arr pony farming all over again.

I didn't have any problems with dragon's neck though, have a tank friend taking turns soloing the trial and both of us got all 3 skills in like 6 tries.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Yeah, I doubt they'll do anything about it.
    My friend, 2009 in FFXI these very same words were spoken before SE wrecked face. I mean, yoshida is a chicken shit, but it's best to never say this since one day SE may want a round 3 vs players.

But yeah I agree, non-issue. I did it cuz the grind to 50 on blu was fucking pointless when you learn EVERY SPELL AT LEVEL 1 outside of level locked instances which has nothing to do with BLU.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    My friend, 2009 in FFXI these very same words were spoken before SE wrecked face.
    I get what you mean, and I thought of that before I said it, but you're comparing "accelerating getting some of the best gear in the game" to "slightly speeding up the leveling process on a side-job that can't even participate in end-game activities".

If anyone's actually worried, then treat it like Ungarmax. Give it a week or two to see if they do anything about it and/or make any official statement toward it, and if not, it's free game. That's what I'll be doing because I don't give a shit about BLU so it'll be a while before I bother touching it. I fully intend to use this when I get bored enough to unlock BLU.

Also, I'll re-ask my earlier question: Is there a level difference that's ideal? Or can I just go straight to lv50 mobs as a Lv1 BLU and get tons of exp?

Edit: well now this is on reddit... https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...lass_swapping/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And which can be levelled to 50 in one day anyway

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's no different than going around with a lvl 70 friend killing your stuff. The exp grind is really nothing new and half of your spellbook is locked at 50. Maybe next time they'll figure out a better way to let you exp these jobs.
    Also comparing this to the Salvage bans (which was about exploiting an item duplication glitch) is absurd.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Also, I'll re-ask my earlier question: Is there a level difference that's ideal? Or can I just go straight to lv50 mobs as a Lv1 BLU and get tons of exp?
    I found I was most comfortable chaining mobs that were 6-7 levels above me and using them until they were the same level as me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    If anyone wasn't expecting BLU to be a sight seeing log with a challenge log attached to it I dunno what to tell you.

Its a side activity that's fun in the sense that there's content to do and glamour to get. Not to mention the side story of the Whalaqee which I'm sure we'll get to see in an expansion or two when FFXIV decides to get off the rock we call The Three Great Continents.

Then again my hype left the building the moment they said BLU would be a level 50 limited job so *shrug*

Its a caster DPS that plays outside of the usual meta we normally see. And honestly its better than leveling a caster role from 50-70 through Palace of the Dead and Heaven on High.

I will say the "fun" gets crushing when you're trying to learn abilities from primals/dungeons and you end up needing to do it twice because while I imagine clearing one of these fights with 8 BLU mages is possible, its a lot faster to just nuke it with a level70 job and hope the damn thing procs twice.
    I expected nothing besides a minigame and I am still disappointed

the problem is even as a minigame/side content, the experience is still garbage

-your rotation for like 30+ levels is literally nothing more than spamming 1000 needles
    -with the exception of a handful of spells, the kit is not particularly interesting or crazy, it's as FFXIV-like and tame as it gets
    -the absolute best way to learn spells involves taking turns carrying on level70 jobs, which means you don't actually ever feel like you're playing BLU

this last one is the one that truly gets me honestly, BLU isn't even worth playing in its core content (learning spells). imagine if you could slap the shit out of Triple Triad NPCs to get cards instantly without having to play matches, because that's honestly what the state of spell learning feels like

in the end the devs sacrificed a job for nothing because we didn't get a real job and we sure as fuck didn't get the blue mage experience to make up for it either

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

lol, there was a thread on the OF discussing the "BLU leveling exploit" and the moderators nuked it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's no different than going around with a lvl 70 friend killing your stuff. The exp grind is really nothing new and half of your spellbook is locked at 50. Maybe next time they'll figure out a better way to let you exp these jobs.
    Also comparing this to the Salvage bans (which was about exploiting an item duplication glitch) is absurd.
    It's not absurd, the point was, whenever people feel SE won't act on something, they tend to surprise us, which is why I said:

I mean, yoshida is a chicken shit, but it's best to never say this since one day SE may want a round 3 vs players.
    Much like people didn't think they'd act on the server transfer 'hack' - even though it wasn't heavy handed, they still did. The only problem with this particular situation is you're killing enemies as level 70..and switching to blu and gaining full credit and apparently, it works doing it with other jobs too (but I'm not personally gonna try it), but the exp isn't as good due to BLU's boosted nature. If you recall, the Salvage exploit SE said specifically "we know it's there, don't use/abuse it while we're working on it." Similar to how GMs are asking players now not to do this trick.

I personally see nothing wrong with it as the grind to 50 is fucking worthless..especially when you can learn everything at level 1 in the right conditions minus instance requirements.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My friend, 2009 in FFXI these very same words were spoken before SE wrecked face. I mean, yoshida is a chicken shit, but it's best to never say this since one day SE may want a round 3 vs players.

But yeah I agree, non-issue. I did it cuz the grind to 50 on blu was fucking pointless when you learn EVERY SPELL AT LEVEL 1 outside of level locked instances which has nothing to do with BLU.
    It depends on effect really. A bunch of people using a bug to save a few hours of levelling (not to mention its possible to have a lvl70 nuke a bunch of mobs u tag for easy exps) and is purely limited to one job and has been around for years isn't in the same league as the Ungarmax exploit that allowed world clears or duping (which affects economy). There's also the chocobo thing as well. I doubt they'll do too much maybe a few warnings at most, easier to just hotfix the issue considering so many people are doing it but also they have to consider the PR as well. If they come down too heavy on an inconsequential bug it can be more damaging than just stealth fixing it expecially considering there's ways to power level as well like the lvl70 example. Also I believe there was that light bug with the relics that they never did anything about. Regardless this has been around for a long time and it was of no consequence until now its only because BLU gets much higher exp than normal that its an issue and its very limited at that. If anything it's semi beneficial as it allows people to finish levelling and clear out quicker to let others in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not absurd, the point was, whenever people feel SE won't act on something, they tend to surprise us, which is why I said:

Much like people didn't think they'd act on the server transfer 'hack' - even though it wasn't heavy handed, they still did. The only problem with this particular situation is you're killing enemies as level 70..and switching to blu and gaining full credit and apparently, it works doing it with other jobs too (but I'm not personally gonna try it), but the exp isn't as good due to BLU's boosted nature. If you recall, the Salvage exploit SE said specifically "we know it's there, don't use/abuse it while we're working on it." Similar to how GMs are asking players now not to do this trick.

I personally see nothing wrong with it as the grind to 50 is fucking worthless..especially when you can learn everything at level 1 in the right conditions minus instance requirements.
    But there's nothing to gain here, unlike Salvage. Duping for Salvage meant getting top tier gear, here you're saving a few hours of grind for a job that you can't use outside of its own content. A job that you'd have maxed that same day anyway... it's not even close to being the same thing. Or are you willing to argue that taking advantage of the chocobo exp thing is also ban worthy now?
    Just go out in the world, 90% of the playerbase is doing it. Are you really suggesting that SE will ban everyone over this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

According to a reddit post someone asked a GM and its considered an exploit.

Oh well time to buckle up for the eventual ride I guess.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

people bot every class to the cap every expansion with impunity and the ungarmax people didn't even get permas

you guys must be fucking delusional if you honestly think anyone is getting banned over this

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    people bot every class to the cap every expansion with impunity and the ungarmax people didn't even get permas

you guys must be fucking delusional if you honestly think anyone is getting banned over this
    The most I expect is a slap and a strike on your account. Ain't nobody getting perma'd unless they've been slapped before for dumb shit like Dee Colon.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    But there's nothing to gain here, unlike Salvage. Duping for Salvage meant getting top tier gear, here you're saving a few hours of grind for a job that you can't use outside of its own content.
    To a company based on a sub fee, time spent playing the game is likely the most important thing to them, even if top-tier gear is the most important thing to us. So it really probably depends on how much of a hit they're going to take from this.

Are they gonna ban everyone who's doing this? Shit no, they would lose so much money and social media badmouthing of companies who burned people is even more prevalent now than it was in the XI era so it would keep waaaaay too many people from starting the game as new players.

Might they ban SOME people, based on chat logs (instigators and braggarts) to make an example of them? Maybe.

Will they ban no one at all? Most likely scenario. Then again, you never can know, can you? I've long ago given up trying to guess how the mindset of the people running it works when it comes to FF MMOs.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The fact that it's even possible because of how slow their system is is fucking hilarious to begin with. I haven't played many MMOs that take several seconds to register a kill before.

That said I'd love to see everyone who did this, including myself, get some kind of account action. The amount of tardcum produced would be astronomical seeing as every. Single. Motherfucker. That I saw in any zone that has lv45+ monsters was either doing the job swap trick or had a high lvl pet following them around killing shit for them.

Also, not related at all but something I noticed because of BLU spells: WHAT THE FUCK is up with the 10-20 second delay when entering duties now? Is this some side effect of the ability reset shit that they added? The entire party running into the stupid circular shield shit for longer than the duration of Swiftcast on every single primal I did in the last 2 days was so fucking aggravating.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Also, not related at all but something I noticed because of BLU spells: WHAT THE FUCK is up with the 10-20 second delay when entering duties now? Is this some side effect of the ability reset shit that they added? The entire party running into the stupid circular shield shit for longer than the duration of Swiftcast on every single primal I did in the last 2 days was so fucking aggravating.
    Probably the extra damage on the DF servers because of people spamming to learn BLU spells. Shit wasn't happening last week.

Looking forward to 5.0

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I haven't noticed this, personally, and I think we're both on Aether.