+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The problem was all Feig. There was ZERO direction from a DIRECTOR. He just let them ramble on and on and on and cut it later (his initial cut of the movie was 16 hours or some absurd time). There are NO pauses to let "jokes" sink in and there are far too many times where they are even talking OVER one another. There was no deep level humor but strictly on the surface (fart jokes and yelling). And, yeah, it was failing HORRIBLY with test audiences which is where the PR stance of blame-the-man-baby-audience derived (and the youtube trailer bombing). It may have been an amazing film had Jason Reitman been in Feig's place and nothing else changed.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

When your initial hook is an all-female cast and Chris Hemsworth turns into the best part of the movie, you have dropped the ball somewhere.

It had a 100% solid gold Ghostbusters opening, but after the first 15 minutes the rest started going down and then continued to spiral until the end.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Zeddemore: Grizzled veteran. Voice of reason for the team.

Leslie Jones: “I don’t know science but I know DA STREETZ!”

But yeah, let’s bitch about feminism and not lazy/shitty as fuck stereotypes. Fuck that movie and fuck anyone who defended their bitch ass xanatos gambit accusations of misogynists.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Zeddemore: Grizzled veteran. Voice of reason for the team.

Leslie Jones: “I don’t know science but I know DA STREETZ!”

But yeah, let’s bitch about feminism and not lazy/shitty as fuck stereotypes. Fuck that movie and fuck anyone who defended their bitch ass xanatos gambit accusations of misogynists.
    Where's Archi when we need him?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I wanted to give the 2016 movie a wait and see approach but after those leaks I posted came true I knew the movie was going to be complete shit. Only part I remember from the previews I thought was funny was their field test failing when they actually tried to capture a ghost. That and between Sony's apparent behavior of deleting any criticism unless it was anti-feminist and them trying threaten Murray legally to show up also soured my attitude towards this.

BG Level

Someone's mad:

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The irony hurts. I mean was it less of a dick move to dig up an old and beloved franchise and reboot it while ignoring the original movies canon? Ignoring all the other travesties related to that movie.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Someone didn't get the memo (Jones). Sony has been trying to reboot the entire system of Ghostbusters. Ghost Corp was formed and there were talks that they would do a movie set in NYC (Feig+ladies), L.A. (Channing Tatum, Reid Carolin and Peter Kiernan), and a "Midwest" (probably Chicago) with a younger generation who would need help from the NYC/L.A. crews, thus, creating a "cinematic universe." There was a cartoon "Ecto Force (set in 2050)," a stand-alone Slimer animated film (that's why there was a female Slimer in 2016), and games (tie-in and stand-alone, awkward 2016 game that looks like it belongs to the movie but has rando people). It was copying the Marvel formula of Iron-man getting three movies(Feig+ladies), Thor (L.A.), and Cap (Chicago), with Avengers (all three teams).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Someone didn't get the memo (Jones). Sony has been trying to reboot the entire system of Ghostbusters. Ghost Corp was formed and there were talks that they would do a movie set in NYC (Feig+ladies), L.A. (Channing Tatum, Reid Carolin and Peter Kiernan), and a "Midwest" (probably Chicago) with a younger generation who would need help from the NYC/L.A. crews, thus, creating a "cinematic universe." There was a cartoon "Ecto Force (set in 2050)," a stand-alone Slimer animated film (that's why there was a female Slimer in 2016), and games (tie-in and stand-alone, awkward 2016 game that looks like it belongs to the movie but has rando people). It was copying the Marvel formula of Iron-man getting three movies(Feig+ladies), Thor (L.A.), and Cap (Chicago), with Avengers (all three teams).
    That would never work though. OG Busters showed the world that ghosts exist 30 years ago. But in the new movie, the women busters also discovered ghosts exist. It could never have the possibility of a connected timeline.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Jones is crazy if she thinks her reboot was as good as either of the originals films. It wasnt terrible, but if I had to choose between a new universe with the ladies, or the old universe passing the baton to a new generation, I know full well I'm picking Bill Muthafucking Murray every single time.

Thank u next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Jones is crazy if she thinks her reboot was as good as either of the originals films. It wasnt terrible, but if I had to choose between a new universe with the ladies, or the old universe passing the baton to a new generation, I know full well I'm picking Bill Muthafucking Murray every single time.

Thank u next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    That's racist and/or sexist.

BG Level

Her and the SJWs will rally together to end this misogynist film!

Seriously the bitching going on is wonderful.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    That would never work though. OG Busters showed the world that ghosts exist 30 years ago. But in the new movie, the women busters also discovered ghosts exist. It could never have the possibility of a connected timeline.
    Nah. Aykroyd's original premise was to have every city have Police/Firefighter/Ghostbusters. If they didn't make L.A./Chicago take place at the same time, they could just show them setting up shop as paranormal activity is starting to become global. We know that 2016 is not in the same universe as 80s. BUT, if they TRULY wanted to ret-con it, they could just claim that OG sealed the doorway. All the Ghost Corps stuff is a new universe. The 80s was never part of it.

All we wanted was a passing of the baton. It didn't matter if it was to this crew. But them RESTARTING from scratch is what pissed people off.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Someone's mad:
    nah bitch, your shit was trash

of course she throws in the random Trump rip. lul

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm gunna laugh when this one does better. I mean it's probably still going to bomb but I think it can still pull that much off

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

0% chance an original cast Ghostbusters bombs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It WILL do better. They spent $144 million and made $229 million. Now, Aykroyd and Sony told Feig to shoot certain scenes and he refused. Once test screens showed they needed those scenes, Feig finally added them in reshoots. Here's where math gets fuzzy. Everyone but Sony claims the reshoots were $30-$40 million but Sony claims they were $3-$4 million. Feig truly believes that the only reason his movie bombed was from the social issues...

Edit: Officially, none of the original cast has signed on. It's a sequel to the original films, but we may not have those actors, at all (I do think this will change).

BG Level

I suppose it's easier for Feig to blame "social issues" over admitting he shot an unfunny comedy.

Though to be fair Pascal deserves a lot of blame too.