+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 153 FirstFirst ... 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    Forgot about this thread. Here's a progress pic from a few weeks ago. 6'4" 244 in that pic.

You dont actually workout in the gym like this, do you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Dude is killing it. I'm just looking forward to hitting my cutting goal so i can really focus on putting on some good weight. I don't feel like i look bad now, but the chest and bi's are lacking IMO. Legs and back look good i think, but they come naturally for me, unlike the chest. I even have to cut back on leg days because they were getting to big for my waist size. It was making it hard to find pants that fit, and i go through security checkpoints a lot, so i HATE wearing belts.
    TSA-precheck is some of the best money I have ever spent, seriously. Life changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    So are you supposed to lift your toes or not?!

Haha you don't want to be lifting your toes when squatting. The argument was literally almost 10 years ago because I was in college, but it had to do with keeping the weight "back," as in on your heels. Whether that was broscience then or what, the prevailing knowledge now(always?) is to keep the weight over the midpoint of your feet when squatting.

I also found over the years as I actually started lifting some decent weight is that some of these things are self-correcting. lifting your toes with heavy weight on your back is dangerous. I only learned what it feels like to engage my core when squatting once I was over 225 lb because I had to activate my core to lift the weight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    TSA-precheck is some of the best money I have ever spent, seriously. Life changing.

Haha you don't want to be lifting your toes when squatting. The argument was literally almost 10 years ago because I was in college, but it had to do with keeping the weight "back," as in on your heels. Whether that was broscience then or what, the prevailing knowledge now(always?) is to keep the weight over the midpoint of your feet when squatting.

I also found over the years as I actually started lifting some decent weight is that some of these things are self-correcting. lifting your toes with heavy weight on your back is dangerous. I only learned what it feels like to engage my core when squatting once I was over 225 lb because I had to activate my core to lift the weight.

I wish it was just flying. I work in a secured building and travel back and forth to another secure building about twice per day. These guys have known me for 5+ years, but are still required to scan/check me everytime i walk through the door. Add lunch, or randomly having to go anywhere but a bathroom, and I have to go through a security check about 6 times a day.

To your second point, that is how i normally correct people's power snatch/clean. When people start doing it, they almost do reverse curls to bring the weight above the shoulders. Add a little weight forces them to do it correctly, because they can't just pull the weight up easy anymore.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I wish it was just flying. I work in a secured building and travel back and forth to another secure building about twice per day. These guys have known me for 5+ years, but are still required to scan/check me everytime i walk through the door. Add lunch, or randomly having to go anywhere but a bathroom, and I have to go through a security check about 6 times a day.

To your second point, that is how i normally correct people's power snatch/clean. When people start doing it, they almost do reverse curls to bring the weight above the shoulders. Add a little weight forces them to do it correctly, because they can't just pull the weight up easy anymore.
    Ahhhh I gotcha, yeah that's annoying.

And yep, power cleans are one of the better examples for that. People do them really awkwardly when the weight is low lol.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I lift at a climbing gym with a full weight room so it isn't the average gym clientele, but yesterday a guy complained that another guy wasn't using rubber plates for his DLs.

Except... he was using rubber plates, only he had metal 5s and 10s next to them. This guy complained that they were loud and annoying for people in the gym. People are dumb.

Never understood the people that went to a gym and bitched about loud noises.... Get some fucking headphones or go to fucking planet fitness if you want to stand around cardio machines and talk. I like to zone out when i lift, so those headphones come on and i don't hear shit but music.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You dont actually workout in the gym like this, do you?

Barbell Commission shorts. Will change your life.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You look like a fucking anime character. Idk how I'd feel about your ass sweat clinging to all the benches and seats...lmao. You fit as fuck tho so good on you.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Looking really good, guessing you have some dumbbells which would be all you need for building up. I started making a home gym, but changed my mind when i realized I'm a lazy piece of shit when it comes to cardio. I need those bootcamp/HIIT classes or I end up not doing anything or stopping WAY before i should.

Edit: On a side note, hit one of my big long term goals of getting under 15% BF
    Solution: don't do cardio.

I wish i was one of those people, but no cardio = fatass quick for me. Plus i'm cutting right now, I noticed when adding in bootcamp/HIIT style training during my cut, I don't lose much strength while losing weight.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Barbell Commission shorts. Will change your life.
    What's your leg routine to get those tree trunk thighs ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by mahler05 View Post
    What's your leg routine to get those tree trunk thighs ?

I started doing Think Big by Ben P. At the end of 2017 which helped me squat 620 and deadlift 720. I've always had big legs. They come from my dad.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nice job with the gains, you look like a professional athlete

Tehehe thank you.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You look like a fucking anime character. Idk how I'd feel about your ass sweat clinging to all the benches and seats...lmao. You fit as fuck tho so good on you.

Loooool. Thank you.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Here are some more pics with me and my coach. I was prepping for a bodybuilding show last year.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I love the ass clenching pics with dude laying in bed lmfao

I'm about to start some online coaching just for a little programming and dieting help. I can gain fairly easily now so I have to be more careful with fat gain

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Jfc your thighs ate your ass what is going on

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I started doing Think Big by Ben P. At the end of 2017 which helped me squat 620 and deadlift 720. I've always had big legs. They come from my dad.
    Gotcha. Damn then genetics. Gonna check out that Ben P stuff

GATTACA!

BG Level

Here are some more pics with me and my coach. I was prepping for a bodybuilding show last year.
    Given your bodybuilding goals, how much of your programming focuses on hypertrophy vs strength? You obviously aren't lacking in the strength department with your squat and DL numbers but I'm curious to what extent you have prioritized the two goals over the years.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Given your bodybuilding goals, how much of your programming focuses on hypertrophy vs strength? You obviously aren't lacking in the strength department with your squat and DL numbers but I'm curious to what extent you have prioritized the two goals over the years.

When I started lifting I started with powerlifting back when Shiro was still here. I then moved to proper powerlifting with heavy accessories and then bodybuilding for the last 9 months exclusively.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag