+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    We're just going to gloss over this? From the sounds of it, this isn't the Steam model, this is the Netflix model where they (or their contracts?) dictate what games are available. There's a reason there are lists that come out every month for which movies are coming and going from Netflix.
    This is reaching. There has been no discussion or implication that games getting cycled in and out. I'm willing to bet it will work like every digital store out there. You buy it and play it how you want, if you want the fancy features though, you gotta pay for a service akin to xbl or psn. They are advertising the service, not the ownership of the games or licenses.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Steam can up and close down, but Serra is talking about how Stadia may be a subscription model and a rotating stock like Netflix.

It's possible you won't get the latest releases on the platform or they could be removed a month later before you get to finish them. Things on Netflix come and go as licensing deals expire.
    It's also just as possible you'll get the same, if not better, games. Kinda silly to complain about product rotation when we don't even know what the service model is. Game pass is $10 a month, if this is comparable its not much considering the only thing you need is a screen and a controller.

I mean can you imagine buying the latest AAA game and all you need is your chromecast and controller to play it at any TV you want?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Not complaining about anything. We've brought up a number of issues that the platform could have rather than outright praise it as the future of gaming. Temper your expectations. You're going in hard on this.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    This is reaching. There has been no discussion or implication that games getting cycled in and out. I'm willing to bet it will work like every digital store out there. You buy it and play it how you want, if you want the fancy features though, you gotta pay for a service akin to xbl or psn. They are advertising the service, not the ownership of the games or licenses.
    Eh, they literally told the devs that the 'entire internet' is their store now, because users can share entire games via links.

Not saying they're not going to do the whole service thing, but the line seems kinda blurred rn

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Eh, they literally told the devs that the 'entire internet' is their store now, because users can share entire games via links.

Not saying they're not going to do the whole service thing, but the line seems kinda blurred rn
    That means fuck all beyond, people can buy and start playing your game immediately. There's shitload of assumptions being made. Y'all really think a multi-billion dollar international company is not thinking about best the best way to tackle it? Netflix is literally the most ubiquitous company to name when talking about being able to check things out on demand, of course they'd make the comparison.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I mean, some of the stuff they're offering seems poorly thought out, at best, given the toxicity and trolling of gamers, so..

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Please elaborate on how these features they announced in a glorified sizzle reel have problems that will never be solved before release.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A multi-billion dollar international company is thinking how best to maximize profits, not how best to facilitate consumer comfort.

I find it p funny that ppl with some negative thoughts on this are overreaching but ppl with pie in the sky dreams of a product that hasn't been released beyond a small test audience yet aren't. Interesting logic. I'd love for this to be perfect when it comes out but lol, assuming it will be is hilarious.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

When I read about the 'hop in with your favorite streamer (if they allow it)' feature, my first thought was trolls.

I missed this part, but one video I was watching talked about having people help you through a tough part. Except when someone deletes your gear or armor.

Will those problems happen every time? No, but let's not act like every person watching a stream or 'willing to help' is a saint.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    A multi-billion dollar international company is thinking how best to maximize profits, not how best to facilitate consumer comfort.

I find it p funny that ppl with some negative thoughts on this are overreaching but ppl with pie in the sky dreams of a product that hasn't been released beyond a small test audience yet aren't. Interesting logic. I'd love for this to be perfect when it comes out but lol, assuming it will be is hilarious.
    Ahh yes, that thing where you deliberately release a shitty product in a world where people already doubt your ability to succeed at it, that way you can waste tons of money and get nothing for it. It's not some pie in the sky shit, it's literally what I do daily. It'll be better than what I have, but ultimately I'm cautious and not championing it. It's just fucking hilarious to see people start making assumptions about things they haven't even talked about.

When I read about the 'hop in with your favorite streamer (if they allow it)' feature, my first thought was trolls.

I missed this part, but one video I was watching talked about having people help you through a tough part. Except when someone deletes your gear or armor.

Will those problems happen every time? No, but let's not act like every person watching a stream or 'willing to help' is a saint.
    You can literally do that right now with remote play on Sony's consoles. If you wanna be an idiot that gives people access to your game, that's on you, but honestly, you think these are not things they are considering?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ahh yes, that thing where you deliberately release a shitty product in a world where people already doubt your ability to succeed at it, that way you can waste tons of money and get nothing for it.
    You mean that thing that Google is notorious for doing time and time again? Yeah dude I agree, pretty stupid. You're going to have to do something else to instill confidence in me than try to cite good business decisions, cause outside of their advertisement and data empire Google ain't too great at trying new shit... Lmao.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Just gonna leave this here..
    https://killedbygoogle.com/

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You mean that thing that Google is notorious for doing time and time again? Yeah dude I agree, pretty stupid. You're going to have to do something else to instill confidence in me than try to cite good business decisions, cause outside of their advertisement and data empire Google ain't too great at trying new shit... Lmao.
    I'm gonna need to see some receipts on this nonsense. Are you sitting on a metrics and user table somewhere? Are you on some "people are upset google is getting rid of this thing nobody is using" boat? Is you position that they should keep developing and wasting resources on things that don't work? It's not rocket science, they'll put effort into it. If it doesn't work, they'll move on to something else. Literally how sensible business works. If only 1% of your users are using a feature, especially if it is a thing that makes $0 it's literally not work developing and keeping around. See Reader, see Allo, see literally everything google has cancelled.

Edit:

Just gonna leave this here..
    https://gcemetery.co/
    Literally what I'm talking about. They make something, everyone laughs about how "nobody" uses it, they shelf it, "HOW DARE THEY!"

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Hey, Reader was awesome and I'm still upset they killed it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And what makes you think Stadia is going to be the miracle product that bucks the trend? Yeah that's great, you work with Google cloud and Ai learning. That does absolutely nothing to tell either you or me how Stadia is going to treat its customers or how well it will work for the greater population of planet earth. So please tell me more about your credentials, I'll pretend to care, I promise.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey, Reader was awesome and I'm still upset they killed it.
    So am I, but how many people do you know that ACTUALLY used it? "Most" of them were tech saavy people not the average "normie."

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And what makes you think Stadia is going to be the miracle product that bucks the trend?
    What gave you this fucking idea?

Yeah that's great, you work with Google cloud and Ai learning.
    I also stream my games from home to computer at work on break via steam remote play. I also compute on work GPU remotely (from home) since my work server is running multiple Titan Vs, but only when I'm not training anything overnight.

That does absolutely nothing to tell either you or me how Stadia is going to treat its customers or how well it will work for the greater population of planet earth.
    The same could literally be said to you, so how about you stop getting uppity about something you literally don't have enough information on to get uppity about?

So please tell me more about your credentials, I'll pretend to care, I promise.
    Whatever dude.

For the record, this is actually how I feel https://twitter.com/Demios101/status...25719871012866

I just happen to be competent enough to know that any sane company looking to blow billions on a project (one they know Sony, MS, and Valve are already going all in on) has people that are better and more competent that I am working these baby actually easy to solve issues like file systems, state sharing etc.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So am I, but how many people do you know that ACTUALLY used it? "Most" of them were tech saavy people not the average "normie."
    I used reader

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Maybe I'd be as pessimistic as y'all if I didn't actually look at the presentation and then see the success they had with project stream.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I used reader
    Install tt-rss on a server and host your own. It's painless and servers are super useful to have these days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast