+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Last night and tonight NXT is doing all their tapings leading up to Summer Slam/Takeover. Still ongoing but some developments thus far include:
    Spoiler: show
    Io Shirai heel turn, looks to feud with Candice
    Apollo Crews and Killian Dain appears to have rejoined the NXT roster
    Looks like they are setting up Cole/Gargano rematch with a stipulation
    Looks like they are setting up Velveteen Dream/Roderick Strong/Matt Riddle/Tyler Breeze four way for Takeover
    Looks like they are setting up Street Profits vs O’Reilly/Fish
    An NXT Breakout tournament featuring NXT talent that has never been on TV before, winner to get a title shot

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Last night and tonight NXT is doing all their tapings leading up to Summer Slam/Takeover. Still ongoing but some developments thus far include:
    Io Shirai heel turn, looks to feud with Candice
    Apollo Crews and Killian Dain appears to have rejoined the NXT roster
    Looks like they are setting up Cole/Gargano rematch with a stipulation
    Looks like they are setting up Velveteen Dream/Roderick Strong/Matt Riddle/Tyler Breeze four way for Takeover
    Looks like they are setting up Street Profits vs O’Reilly/Fish
    An NXT Breakout tournament featuring NXT talent that has never been on TV before, winner to get a title shot
    I'm liking heel Io from what little I've seen so far.

Entrance: https://twitter.com/DotNetZim/status...114907137?s=20

New finisher? https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/s...26108858535937

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

NXT taping spoilers (everything up to the next Takeover)
    Night 1
    • Undisputed Era cut a promo saying they were going to win all the belts. Velveteen Dream came out and said he would look better with the NXT and NA titles. Roddy said Dream didn't deserve it. Riddle came out and said he has beaten both Cole and Roddy. Breeze came out and said he built NXT and was tired of UE trying to take credit for it. Riddle/Dream/Breeze vs UE announced.
    • Damian Priest FKA Punishment Martinez beat Raul Mendoza
    • Xia Li beat Taynara Conti
    • UE beat Dream/Breeze/Riddle when Dream tagged himself in and then Roddy pinned him.
    • Regal announced a new tournament featuring 8 men not on TV before. The bracket.
    • Angel Garza FKA Garza Jr. beat Joaquin Wilde FKA DJZ
    • Street Profits beat the Forgotten Sons when Gunner interfered. Lorcan and Burch saved SP and said they wanted a title shot.
    • Keith Lee beat Nykos Rikos
    • Mia Yim beat Aliyah
    • KUSHIDA beat Scott Parker
    • Cameron Grimes FKA Trevoer Lee beat Isiah Swerve Scott FKA Shane Strickland
    • Bianca Belair beat Priscilla Zuniga AKA Diamante from LAX
    • Roddy beat Breeze
    • Jordan Myles FKA ACH beat BOA
    • Damian Priest beat Blanco Loco
    • Bronson Reed FKA Jonah Rock beat Dexter Lumis FKA Samuel Shaw
    • Shayna Baszler beat Io Shirai in a cage match to retain the NXT Women's title. Candice LeRae tried to help Io during the match(no mention if that caused the loss) but Io beat the crap out of her afterwards.

Night 2
    • Heel Io came out with a new theme. Io looking good. Waited 5 minutes then cut a heel promo saying she doesnt need anyone.
    • Matt Riddle beat Arturo Ruas. Killian Dain killed Riddle after, putting him through the stage
    • KUSHIDA beat Apollo Crews
    • Adam Cole challenged some random person(fan?) named Twan Tucker. Tucker brought out Johnny Gargano who brawled with Cole to the back
    • Street Profits beat Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch
    • ReDragon challenged SP after
    • Jordan Myles beat Angel Garza
    • Bianca Belair beat Xia Li
    • Dream cut a promo that basically said he will beat Roddy. Roddy came out and says Dream is afraid of him. Pete Dunne comes out, takes out Roddy, challenges Dream.
    • Io Shirai beat Kacy Catanzaro by DQ when Candice LeRae came out and attacked Io.
    • Damian Priest beat Keith lee
    • Tyler Breeze beat Jackson Ryker. Rest of the Forgotten Sons beat up Breeze after the match. Fandango made the save.
    • Cameron Grimes beat Bronson Reed
    • Shayna vs Mia Yim at Takeover announced
    • Matt Riddle came out for a match, but Killian Dain killed him again
    • KUSHIDA beat Scott Parker(retape?)
    • Street Profits vs ReDragon at Takeover
    • Shane Thorne beat Joaquin Wilde
    • Pete Dunne beat Roderick Strong
    • Dream tried to attack Dunne. Dunne notices. Roddy says the NA belt is his. Dunne beats up Dream.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Damn, my NXT house show had a match with Punishment Martinez, he even came out with the name Punishment Martinez. Everyone went apeshit for Punishment.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There are reports that Gedo stepped down as head booker of NJPW.

Edit: NJPW via Uproxx called it a crazy rumor

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Steve Austin podcast returns on June 18th with guest Tony Khan. Cue all the Stone Cold to AEW rumors.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Honestly, if AEW is not using scripted promo's like Cody said, getting people like Austin, Flair, etc. to consult/coach on delivery would be a huge fucking get, so I'd be down for a Austin to AEW rumor lol.

Off topic, but does anyone here listen to his podcast? If so, how does he handle his sponsorship schills? I was listening to Jericho's podcast with Moxley and that shit transcended to meme category on /r/squaredcircle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Obligatory

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Honestly, if AEW is not using scripted promo's like Cody said, getting people like Austin, Flair, etc. to consult/coach on delivery would be a huge fucking get, so I'd be down for a Austin to AEW rumor lol.

Off topic, but does anyone here listen to his podcast? If so, how does he handle his sponsorship schills? I was listening to Jericho's podcast with Moxley and that shit transcended to meme category on /r/squaredcircle
    That shit was next level in part because Omaha steaks are fucking terrible lmao.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The Arm and Hammer Kitty Litter shill was also god tier.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Jericho is notorious among podcasts for his atrocious segues for commercials. He is the origin of the meme. Austin is more straight forward saying alright we gotta take a minute to pay the bills before he goes into his spiel.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

You say atrocious, I see self aware that he has no choice so he's going to make himself laugh while doing it. He's the Vince McMahon of podcasts in that sense.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lance Storm with a funny story about when Vince thought he had died and not Lance Cade.

BG Level

I don't listen to podcasts, but I'd consider Jericho's just for his sponsor segues. For as much fun as people have making jokes about them, I heard a few clips from when he does that, and it's great!

All Out sold out in 15 minutes. Meltzer is claiming that with the interest, they could have sold out Soldier Field. That's a considerable jump, no matter what the ticket queue is. All I know is that AEW can fuck off til they come to Chicago. Not this Chicagoland garbage. United Center or something, thanks. Or go to Long Island and claim you're going to NYC. While it was expected anyway, Omega/Moxley was officially announced for that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ehh be patient. It's only their second show and I think they'll only have three on the books (four if you really want to count all in) before tv goes live. I think they are being smart booking the smaller arenas for now. The question on everyone's mind is how well they will keep audiences engaged on e they go weekly TV shows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level

I get that, but that's not the only ~10k venue in the region. It's probably the cheapest or whatever though. Off the top of my head UIC and Depaul both have capacities around that much and aren't out in BFE.

So, EVIL is the one that walks out on the LIJ group pose this year pre-G1. R3K vs. ELP/Ishimori is for the title in the main event.

Whatever. G1 blocks, let's go!

"Please buy tickets, people of Dallas!"

A Block:
    Okada, ZSJ, Tana, Ibushi, EVIL, SANADA, Fale, Archer, Ospreay, KENTA

B Block:
    Naito, Ishii, Juice, YTR, Goto, White, Cobb, Shingo, Taichi, Mox

Happy for Archer getting a spot. He has been doing promotional work in Dallas, so not surprised, but my thought was "at whose expense?". Looked good during NJC. Glad they weren't so stupid to advertise Cobb for G1 Night 1 if he was only for that specific show, since people were going to assume and be very disappointed. Very happy to see Tama and YH getting cut. Suzuki tho? Makabe out surprises me a little, but it's cool that they freshened up a lot of this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That A block is stacked to hell. I know the schedule isn't out yet, but I assume Naito and Mox are either the first night or last.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stardom announced their 5* Grand Prix participants(their G1 that takes place late august into september)

Mayu Iwatani, Arisa Hoshiki, Tam Nakano, Saki Kashima, Hana Kimura, Konami, Jungle Kyona, Momo Watanabe, Utami Hayashishita, Bea Priestley, Kagetsu, Hazuki, Narsu Sumire, Andras Miyagi, Jamie Hayter, Natsuko Tora, Avary, Kasey Owens.

It is mostly a Stardom roster since they had grown so much. In previous years, they brought in a few more foreign talent to pad the blocks. Avary and Kasey Owens are the only two that dont regularly work there. Both work out of Europe and I know nothing about either.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    That A block is stacked to hell. I know the schedule isn't out yet, but I assume Naito and Mox are either the first night or last.
    Yeah, it's weird. I think I might easily enjoy B block more than A, but I am struggling to come up with the answer to "who's the main/semi-main for Nights 2 and 18?" Some combination of Naito/White/Mox/Goto may be 3 out of 4 of those matches.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fenix and Pentagon beat the Young Bucks to win the Triple A tag titles. Fenix did Fenix things again.