Closed Thread
Page 97 of 151 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast

Lots of those smiles look like fake ones to me. Lots of teeth, little of soft eyes.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    Lots of those smiles look like fake ones to me. Lots of teeth, little of soft eyes.
    I don't know, it just looks like a lot of metaphorical ass eating to me.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Hospital staff here would go nuts over Trump, not to mention most people do get very excited to meet any President.

Just seems like reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Hospital staff here would go nuts over Trump, not to mention most people do get very excited to meet any President.

Part of me wonders now how much of the country really follows politics. I know when I was in high school I would have definitely been excited to meet whoever was in the office because I didn't really follow politics. I was on a job with one of our directors at work a few months ago and we were eating lunch and the TV was on talking about the Russia investigation. He said - "What Russia investigation." Another co-worker and I were dumbfounded.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

idc who the president is I would love to meet them and shake their hand, maybe not kiss my baby but whatever I'd be stoked. I don't know a single person that wouldn't be and I know for a fact our ER staff would go ballistic. I know people that do that shit where they get letters signed "by the president" saying congrats on getting married and they go crazy over that shit, not even Trump fans.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Everyone I know that hates him would rather call in or be exceptionally busy.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

We a Dem state too I don't think I've ever met a democrat.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I'd want to meet him to tell him to go fuck himself to his face, I'm not missing that chance lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I'd want to meet him to tell him to go fuck himself to his face, I'm not missing that chance lol

That be a wasted opportunity. At least be a little bit creative.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

We a Dem state too I don't think I've ever met a democrat.
    We're a red state.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Queen Warren looks nice when that pesky Harris poll falls off the RCP average.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I can't imagine the fucking protocols involved when a president comes to the hospital. Fuck. That. If you thought joint commission visits were bad, imagine a sitting president visiting. No thanks.

BG Level

i was at ft. stewart when g.w. came to visit, and it was a living nightmare. this was before the 9/11 attacks.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I can't imagine the fucking protocols involved when a president comes to the hospital. Fuck. That. If you thought joint commission visits were bad, imagine a sitting president visiting. No thanks.
    The protocol goes something like this:

1) Make sure no one is remotely a threat.
    2) Rim the fuck out of the POTUS for the cameras; or else.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Another 'What a shitty thing to do, I am not surprised' moment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-stay-n1041316

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Trump bragged about the size of the crowd in El Paso who came to see him compared to Beto while he made his hospital visit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...in-with-trump/

The eight victims being treated at the hospital refused to meet with Trump, but the staff were more than delighted.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...bscene/595888/

Thumbs up? Good job white supremacist mass shooter on making orphans. Keep up the good work

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

More 'twirl my mustache and chuckle evilly' goodness from this administration....finally getting around to implementing their proposed changes to the Endangered Species Act.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/12/c...t-changes.html

"One of the most controversial changes removes longstanding language that prohibits the consideration of economic factors when deciding whether a species should be protected."

Guess how well this is going to play out for anything endangered....

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49323324
    https://www.npr.org/2019/08/13/75072...eir-own-2-feet

Ken Cuccinelli, Trump's acting head of the Citizenship and Immigration Services, decided to add a line to the Statue of Liberty's "Tired and Poor" poem in addition to making some pretty charged statements about citizenship.

"Would you also agree that Emma Lazarus's words etched on the Statue of Liberty, 'Give me your tired, give me your poor,' are also a part of the American ethos?" asked NPR's Rachel Martin.

"They certainly are," Mr Cuccinelli responded. "Give me your tired and your poor - who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge."

"That plaque was put on the Statue of Liberty at almost the same time as the first public charge [law] was passed - very interesting timing," he added.

The actual passage reads in part: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

In the interview, he added that immigrants are welcome "who can stand on their own two feet, be self-sufficient, pull themselves up by their bootstraps, again, as in the American tradition".

After the host asked if the policy "appears to change the definition of the American dream," he said: "We invite people to come here and join us as a privilege.

"No one has a right to become an American who isn't born here as an American."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49287494
    https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-off...steps-proposed

Trump to delay Chinese tariffs against mobile phones, laptops, video game consoles, some toys, computer monitors, and certain footwear and clothing until December 15th.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/0...ion-ceremonies

MN federal judges are refusing to play Trump's "welcome" message at naturalization ceremonies.

But in Minnesota, federal judges who conduct citizenship ceremonies have broken from that tradition. They are not showing President Trump’s 90-second recorded video message to new naturalized citizens. It’s not clear why.

While the federal agency overseeing the naturalization process has a policy that calls for playing the president’s recorded video message in its ceremonies, federal judges can choose what elements to include as they administer the Oath of Allegiance.

“The judges of the court are able to decide what content to put in their ceremonies that they preside over,” Rebeccah Parks, media coordinator with the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, told Sahan Journal. “That’s the policy. It has always been the policy.”

When Sahan Journal asked to interview some of the judges on why they’re not playing the Trump video, Parks said: “None of the judges will be interested in having that conversation with a member of the media.”

Trump unveiled his recorded video message two years ago, amid his anti-immigrant rhetoric and his policies aimed at curbing the flow of refugees and immigrants to the United States.

“America is our home. We have no other,” Trump says in the video. “You have pledged allegiance to America. And when you give your love and loyalty to America, she returns her love and loyalty to you.”

Speaking of the rights and responsibilities that new Americans are accorded, Trump says that naturalized citizens must “assimilate to our way of life.”