BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Also hearing that rally's reload is slower than outlaw/feeding frenzy (no info on Luna's, but it's probably safe to assume it is similar).
    You know, I'm certainly not one to call Doom and Gloom but if Lunafaction is slower than Outlaw/FF then those boots are about as useful as Aeon gear now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Videos of the first mission are up on youtube

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Unlocking the Hive Cryptoglyph from the collector's edition leads players here:
    https://www.bungie.net/hope

Says to return Oct 1st.

Not that I'd know.. >.>

Since it's still in shipping <.<;
    UK players got them yesterday, also, not all of the collectors editions have the same code.

https://bungie.net/dust
    https://bungie.net/endure

Edit: CE's journal - https://imgur.com/gallery/Rz8qc4t

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Different pages, but they all redirect to the same site as of now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

On the plus side, it offers a nice 1920x1080 background - https://www.bungie.net/pubstatic/Sta...&av=3577758857

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You know, I'm certainly not one to call Doom and Gloom but if Lunafaction is slower than Outlaw/FF then those boots are about as useful as Aeon gear now.
    Still better dps during damage phase since outlaw doesn't do anything when you're not getting kills.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Weekly Update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48188

Topics covered:
    Combat Changes
    Progression and Economy Changes
    Patch Note Preview
    Ritual Weapons and Perk Changes
    Set It Straight
    Wear It With Pride
    Bungie Rewards
    Enemies 10–40 levels higher are going to be easier to kill (we already know that they're increasing the damage level range to 100) -- interesting when considering the new raid and what the level caps might be.

Non-powerful rewards now drop 3 to 0 points below your highest Power level (should make leveling a lot easier).

Y2 powerfuls are no longer powerful.

The artifact increases your level, but not the level of your drops.

Soft cap is 900, powerful cap is 950, pinnacle cap is 960.

Primes are more frequent, but give smaller gains.

Bright dust will come from weekly and repeatable bounties, not from dailies.

Crucible, Gambit, and Vanguard bounties need to be turned in before the 24 hour maintenance (guess I've got more work to do this week..).

Fireteam Medallions are done-zo.

Eververse bounties are going away, notes should be broken down.

Some changes to Spider and Xur.

Rally banners to Leviathan, Eater of Worlds, and Spire of Stars.

Shattered Throne is always available, can be launched from the director, and can be reset.

Forges can be launched from the map.

Failing the first encounter for any Black Armory forge will no longer award planetary destination materials. ಠ_ಠ
    No more pinnacle weapons.. Instead they're going to be curated rolls of specific weapons.

PvE nerfs to Rampage, Kill Clip, Swashbuckler, Multikill Clip, Desperado, Surrounded, Master of Arms, Onslaught This is huge, but also a very good choice for perk diversity. (Sorta.. more damage is still going to be better, so these perks are still going to be the best, but maybe it'll be less of an insta-shard situation if you don't get one).

Vanguard LMG:

Crucible Scout:

Gambit SMG:

Change to the calendar:

Raid jacket (still hideous..):

Can earn the jacket by clearing the raid before 10/15 (lame).

And there's a new pulse that comes from the new dungeon, not from the moon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Still better dps during damage phase since outlaw doesn't do anything when you're not getting kills.
    Yeah, was gonna say, for any boss damage, even if it's a 1% increase over normal, that's still better.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think combined with Well now being 25% and Bubble being 35% Damage increase its going to hit harder than just "Still good enough", but considering theres really not a substitute for it, yah probably. Also I know you're exaggerating but if it really was only 1% better I'd argue the "Double Grenade" exotics would probably be better lol.

Also we might even see the return of the Whisper meta

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

People were saying that they aren't doing vendor refreshes this season, but these ritual weapons being new weapons suggest we are getting new weapons..?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No more pinnacle weapons.. Instead they're going to be curated rolls of specific weapons.
    Ouch, that really fucking sucks TBH, basically throwing away casual Medium/Long term grinding goals for no good reason.

PvE nerfs to Rampage, Kill Clip, Swashbuckler, Multikill Clip, Desperado, Surrounded, Master of Arms, Onslaught This is huge, but also a very good choice for perk diversity. (Sorta.. more damage is still going to be better, so these perks are still going to be the best, but maybe it'll be less of an insta-shard situation if you don't get one).
    Also sucks. Nerfing good things because the useless sub-tier shit ones don't shine enough is the opposite of a good idea. These don't need to be nerfed, the other ones need to not fundamentally be useless or just so situational that its laughable to keep one. When they create Perks, they have to know some of them are just dogshit right? I mean has anyone at all EVER considered keeping a "Hip Fire Grip" Sniper Rifle? Like, they have to realize the uselessness of these things.

IDK, Maybe you could argue these things could be considered "Too Powerful" and need to be toned down, but I'd just argue the other perks are "Too weak" and need to be toned up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Just gonna opinion-dump random things as they come to mind from rereading this..

My problem with them getting rid of the pinnacle quests and saying that the ritual weapons are going to be less involved, we've seen them do curated weapons before. Every raid weapon, every dreaming city weapon, every reckoning weapon, and a handful of other weapons all have curated forms. Some of them are good (looking at you Threat Level), some of them are trash (I bet Killer and I are the only ones with the curated vanguard shotgun from S4 because it was trash). It's going to suck if the rolls on some of these ritual weapons are garbage..

Also, I'm hoping the crucible one is still tied to comp, because with the changes they're making to comp, would suck if the playlist was dead by the start of the season.. ..then again..

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The changes to Onslaught and Desperado are downright Criminal TBH

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Ouch, that really fucking sucks TBH, basically throwing away casual Medium/Long term grinding goals for no good reason.

Also sucks. Nerfing good things because the useless sub-tier shit ones don't shine enough is the opposite of a good idea. These don't need to be nerfed, the other ones need to not fundamentally be useless or just so situational that its laughable to keep one. When they create Perks, they have to know some of them are just dogshit right? I mean has anyone at all EVER considered keeping a "Hip Fire Grip" Sniper Rifle? Like, they have to realize the uselessness of these things.

IDK, Maybe you could argue these things could be considered "Too Powerful" and need to be toned down, but I'd just argue the other perks are "Too weak" and need to be toned up.
    Yeah, power-creep is the solution!

Wait..

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

wah wah wah im trash and need and need OP shit to back me up

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Not to nitpick, but yes I have had several snipes with hip fire. It's fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, power-creep is the solution!

Wait..
    Bruh, you are smart, I'm aware you are smart, I'm aware you're better than this. Power Creep has already and continues to happen, and to a controlled extent is necessary for games like this. They're pushing Power Creep in Shadowkeep too, Finishers granting Heavy Ammo? Armor 2.0 Customization? Weapon-Mods being infinitely reusable? All Power Creep. Obviously without proper managing it becomes insane, which is why they're crunching damage numbers cause we were hitting 999,999 cap too much, as well of a slew of Super Changes and adjustments, Power Orb nerfs, Damage stacking nerfs, etc etc... things I can agree with. I can see the balancing act they're putting on behind the scene to get things to feel good, I'm not ignorant of that. I just don't agree with this one.

I can admit Rampage was a bit overpowered, 67% Increase in damage is potent, more so when the Rampage mod came out increasing its duration, but I don't think anyone was busting down the door to use Breakneck or Redrix's in PvP or PvE... Both good weapons, there were just better options (Desperado and Onslaught being exclusive to those two guns which is why I bring it up).

Edit: They're also doing damage boosts across the board too to most weapon types with Shadowkeep, so this could just be a preemptive balancing. ... Anyway I'm glad you're all asleep cause man did I edit.

Quote Originally Posted by killerx View Post
    wah wah wah im trash and need and need OP shit to back me up
    Lol JFC, okay Sparky.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Not to nitpick, but yes I have had several snipes with hip fire. It's fun.

Okay now I'm convinced ya'll are just being contrarian for the sake of it.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I have witnesses

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    I have witnesses
    I'm concerned for your sanity but respect your choice.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'd just argue the other perks are "Too weak" and need to be toned up.
    Smart enough to look a few posts up.

Power creep isn't just players becoming stronger, it's also enemies becoming stronger. If they buff every perk to be equal to the perks that increase damage by over 50%, they have to buff enemies to counter that. The problem with power creep, especially in a game like Destiny which doesn't really have activity progression and has every player doing the same activities, isn't what it does to the best player's running the best gear/strategies. If enemies and encounters become stronger, those players will be fine. But what about the players who don't have those advantages? It is literally the problem that Bungie said broke their design philosophies with Reckoning this year (and, to a lesser extent, I'd argue Heroic Menagerie).