BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Going to be working on these throughout the day when I can, but no promises.. for some reason I'm exhausted >.> <.<;

Encounter 1
    Spoiler: show

When you enter the raid, kill a bunch of adds to activate the gate to enter the Black Garden and then run to the first encounter (looks like the arena of the final fight in the original D1 campaign). The first encounter wants you to open four doors while preventing the boss’ insta-wipe mechanic from going off. It introduces three elements used throughout the raid -- Voltaic Charge, Angelics and Shielding, and Tethering.

In the middle of the arena will be the boss molesting a Minotaur. Killing the Minotaur starts the encounter, but also makes the fight harder (you can use a finisher on the Minotaur, which, while funny, is also not recommended). On the right side of the arena is a Vex door shield. There will also be a floating cube in one of three positions and a cross-like object close to the door. If you shoot the cube it opens up and will tether someone close to it within line-of-sight. That person can then tether someone close to them, and so on. The tether is normally white, but will turn red-ish-orange if you near its limit. While you're tethered you cannot shoot or use abilities (not important now, but will matter in later encounters). The goal is to use the tether to connect the cube to the cross. The first one can be done with three people, but four makes it easy.

Once the door goes down, that starts the encounter. Break up into two teams of three. Team 1 will go through the door and see the next door that needs to be opened while Team 2 will stay with the boss. Team 1 will have a bunch of adds, a Cyclops (possibly two, I can't remember..), and a named Quantum Minotaur. I believe the Minotaur is just there to mess with you, but I can't remember for sure. The initial goal is to kill the Cyclops which will send two Cyclopes back to Team 2 in the initial area. Be sure to announce when the Cyclops dies as having one spawn on you unexpectedly can lead to expected badness. After Team 2 kills their Cyclopes, a named Hydra enemy, the Angelic, will spawn. Kill this quickly and then look around for another one of those cubes. Like in the initial area, the goal here is to tether from the cube to the cross to open the door.

For Team 2, adds will spawn in two sets. There will be an initial wave of adds and then a wave with Minotaurs. When the Minotaurs spawn, the boss will also start to move. It'll randomly go somewhere in the room and shoot out a white cube-ish-looking thing of energy (I believe it also does one like 30 seconds after the encounter starts, so be aware of that as well). If you leave this sitting there, it'll wipe the encounter. One person needs to run into the energy which will pick it up and give that person a debuff called Voltaic Overflow. This debuff is on a timer and if you pick up another charge, it'll kill you. There's nothing that happens if the timer reaches zero, it is just there to prevent you from picking up another charge too quickly. Also, multiple people can get the debuff if you run through it at the same time, so make sure you have an order in place beforehand. Essentially you have to get everything I've talked about to this point done in three energy drops.

After the Team 1 opens the second door, the boss will leave the initial area and go down to the second door. At this point, Team 2 needs to leapfrog Team 1 and the two groups will switch roles -- Team 2 has to kill a Cyclops, deal with the Minotaur, kill the Angelic, and connect the cube while Team 1 is now in charge of collecting Voltaic Overflow and dealing with the two Cyclopes that spawn. After the third door opens, the boss leaves again and Team 1 leapfrogs Team 2 and moves to the next area. Repeat the process again, but in this area, there will be three locks on the door. Unlock the first lock and the boss will leave (when you are facing the door, I believe it is the one to the right). At this point, Team 2 needs to come up to join Team 1 and you can unlock the last two locks.

When you unlock the fourth door, run into the next area and you'll see a field of Cyclopes. The boss will put down three or four energies and you will need to run and collect them while dodging/killing the Cyclopes. When you collect the last energy, the encounter ends and you get your loot.

After this there is a jumping puzzle to the next encounter where you can find a secret chest. When you fall down a hole, go to the left side, and near a platform going up and down, there will be a small hidden room.
    Could you do the Tether mechanic shown here with 4 people(Two on each side)? Like is it ever possible to swap sides during all this?

Thanks!

Edit: Answered my own question, just 5-manned the first part. Kinda hectic and there was an occasional Voltic suicide involved but its doable.
    Edit: Look like at least the first and second part can be low manned even by scrubs like my group, we almost got to the final encounter but a man needed to sleep for work...

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I think it's being implied that Ikora is building her own Vex gate. There is a new tower addition in front of her area.
    I'd rather she rebuilt the eyesore that is the old tower! Shit's still taller than the new tower.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Encounter 4
    Spoiler: show

Welcome to the final boss -- aka Atheon 2.0. As is the norm with Destiny raid bosses, this one builds on almost all the mechanics that have been featured in the raid to this point. Your goal is to power up two pillars on either side of the arena, and then chain energy from those pillars to the boss to trigger damage phases. How you get there.. well that’s a bit of a mess. This is the strategy that worked for our group after a lot of trial and error and failure, but I know there are different ones and other groups do things differently. Also, if I mention something that I don’t explain, assume it’ll come up later as a lot of these mechanics tie together (and hopefully I did not forget anything..).

The boss is standing in the distance in a sea of Vex milk. You’re given an island to stand on that is split in half(sorta..) with a light side on the left and a dark side on the right. Each side has a Vex conflux with a cube on top which, when shot, tether people with energy, same as they have done throughout the raid. The island is also essentially broken into twelve sections with each section having one of those cross receptacles scattered just off the island. There are also two areas on the far left and far right that people can travel to throughout the fight.

The boss is a large Vex Minotaur-esque enemy. They won't be active at first, but it has these two large crit spots, one on its shoulder and one on its leg. If you destroy one, there will be four things that happen. It will create a portal on that side which players can travel through to go to the far area corresponding to that side (the portals stay open for a little bit, but not indefinitely). It will also bring anyone currently on the corresponding far area back to the spawn behind the island (left crit brings back left person, right brings back right). Third, it will spawn a Cyclops on an elevated platform (to the far right on the dark side and to the boss’ left on the light side). Finally, the boss will steal one of the sections of your island. The section will glow red for a few seconds and then vanish, killing anyone still standing on it.

If the boss takes a section, you can shoot the cube above one of the confluxes and tether the energy from that to a nearby cross to get the section back. Like the previous encounters, you can’t do much while tethered, so wait till adds are gone to do this. It is important to get the middle sections back, but less so for some of the back and far side sections. That said, whenever you don’t have adds, I recommend trying to get a section back because even if it isn’t one you use, it could be one the boss takes instead of a more important one later on.

When players go to the far areas, there will be two types of enemies, either Harpies or Goblins. When you kill enemies, they drop motes which can be collected and deposited when back in the main area. Players can only hold ten motes and there will be a total of fifteen motes dropped if the enemies are Goblins and eighteen if the enemies are Harpies. Depositing motes into the confluxes gives the enlightened buff which, like before, is needed to break shields on shielded Goblins which are trying to sacrifice themselves to the confluxes. If there are sacrifices, it will drain motes and eventually cause a wipe. That said, you cannot allow any Vex to sacrifice as this strategy does not really leave you any extra time to collect more motes. When you’ve deposited thirty motes in one of the confluxes, you’ll get a message that the conflux pulses with energy which indicates that conflux is done. The shielded enemies will stop spawning on that side as well, although there might be some stragglers that need to be dealt with.

You want to break up into two sides, a left side group (light side) and a right side group (dark side). Within each side, you then want to assign people to three different roles, team 1, team 2, and defenders. At the start of the fight, an Angelic will be up, so kill that to activate the spots on the boss. When the spots come up, shoot the shoulder one immediately to activate the first portal. Both team 1 members go through the portal to collect motes. The two defenders are responsible for killing the Cyclops as soon as it spawns as it can easily kill people. Once team 1 has all the motes (either fifteen or eighteen), they say pull us back, and the group shoots the shoulder target again. This brings team 1 back and opens the portal which team 2 goes through. This also creates another Cyclops, so the defenders need to immediately take it down again. Team 1 deposits their motes to both gain the enlightened buff. They then defend the confluxes on their respective sides from the shielded Goblins that will be trying to sacrifice. Once the second team has collected their motes, they call it out and are brought back. The defenders take out the final right-side Cyclops immediately. Team 2 deposits their motes which, if everything was done correctly, finishes that conflux. Once any straggling shielded Goblins are dead, the team 2 person on the right can shift their focus to helping defend the left side.

When team 2 is brought back, team 1 needs to shoot the leg crit to open the left portal to go to the other side. The defenders again need to take out the Cyclops that spawns, this time on the left side, immediately. Team 1 kills the adds on the left area, collects the motes, and then calls out to be brought back. The group shoots the leg crit again which opens the portal for team 2 to go through, brings team 1 back, and spawns a second Cyclops on the left side for the defenders to kill as soon as possible. Team 2 then collects motes and calls out when they’re ready to be brought back. The team shoots the crit spot one last time, bringing team 2 back and spawning the final Cyclops that needs to be killed. During all this, the people staying back need to be paying attention to the plates that are being taken and coordinate with their partner to try to get those back whenever there is a break in the action as needed.

If you’ve done things correctly and gotten the message that the second conflux is full, you’re good to go. Filling both confluxes triggers a second Angelic to spawn, but it also spawns after a set amount of time has passed, and the timing of this strategy is somewhat tight. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but we seemed to have issues with mechanics if the Angelic spawned before we finished the second conflux, so something to be aware of. In any case, kill the Angelic and any adds and the boss will then make a giant glowing cross/diamond thing that will be either blue and white for the light side or orange and black for the dark side. The matching side needs to tether the energy from their conflux to the cross-thing. You can usually do this with three, but if the conflux is far away, you might need four, so be aware of that and plan accordingly. If you don’t get this first tether off in time, it will trigger a wipe, although you do have a fair bit of time from when the symbol appears and when the wipe occurs. I strongly recommend assigning positions in advance when it comes to tethering so there are no surprises (so person 1 is next to the conflux, person 2 is in the middle, and person 3 is the one that connects to the boss). If you tether correctly, it will stagger the boss and open up a crit spot. You can damage it now, but make sure adds are dead first. After a few seconds, the boss will jump into the air, which makes its crit spot easier to hit, and create a second target that the side that did not tether first needs to tether their conflux to (so if the light side tethered first, the dark side needs to tether second). The boss’ crit spot is still up, so the group that already tethered should continue doing damage during this. If you tethered it correctly the second time, you’ll be given an additional twenty seconds to do damage, otherwise you just lose out on damage. Again, the boss starts on the ground before rising into the air where its crit spot is easier to hit (so save your Celestial shots for this point). I strongly recommend that the second group not worry about damage and instead spend the first part of the damage phase getting in position for the second stagger. I also recommend you wait till after the second stagger to group up as you don't want extra people being too close and messing up the tether. After the damage phase is up, everything more or less resets (the only major difference is that the confluxes can move to different positions) and you’re given a little time before adds start spawning, so use that to try to get any missing platforms back. I believe you get four cycles before the boss enrages. Do enough damage and you beat the boss, get to drop down into a hole that needs more explanation, and get loot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Shadowkeep and New Light have been a huge boost to the player population. Last time I checked the population numbers (around the final IB of season 7), there were just under 1 million players. Yesterday, there were nearly 2.5 million unique logins. The majority of those players have been on PC (PC: 55%, PS4: 29%, XB1: 17%) which is a drastic shift from before Shadowkeep when the population was split, if I remember correctly, 40-45% PS4, 25-30% on both XB1 and PC.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I gotta say, I'm really hating steam names. Bungie should've stuck with bungie account names.

So are there any weapons from Eris or Ikora worth grinding for?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

All of the Ikora weapons can be obtained as drops from the Vex Offensive.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    So are there any weapons from Eris or Ikora worth grinding for?
    Found this guy recently and enjoy his looks into things. Pretty detailed, but I do believe some of them are real good -

He also has reviews on Imperative and Optative, from Vex encounter.

Thanks guys

Ya, maxed out the Ikora currency so trying to spend it

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Weekly Update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48293

Changes to heavy in Control, Clash, and Supremacy went live this week, Survival changes will go live with a later update.
    Also made changes to matchmaking in Survival this week.
    IB (with the gorgeous armor) next week.
    Seasonal pursuit for the armor (character based).
    IB bounties will offer pinnacle rewards (960 power).

And that's more or less it~

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did a 920 nightfal and was the only person with mods for barrier and unstoppable. What a fucking nightmare that was.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Should I bother with iron banner before I hit 950? I want that armor but I haven't managed to get that high yet

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Weekly Update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48293

Changes to heavy in Control, Clash, and Supremacy went live this week, Survival changes will go live with a later update.
    Also made changes to matchmaking in Survival this week.
    IB (with the gorgeous armor) next week.
    Seasonal pursuit for the armor (character based).
    IB bounties will offer pinnacle rewards (960 power).

And that's more or less it~
    Thought the Iron Banner armor looked like recolored level 1 armor :\, looks dull. My tastes are gaudy though :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Should I bother with iron banner before I hit 950? I want that armor but I haven't managed to get that high yet
    Doubt many people will be 950 TBH, you should be good at 920~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They are bounties so you can do them and hold them for when you get armor level 950

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm in this boat, at ~930 desperately trying for 950. I'm not keen on getting crushed at 940 by someone 10 LL above me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Assuming they use a similar formula to Forsaken, it isn't that big a difference in damage. Ten or twenty levels isn't as brutal as the fifty light level difference of season 6(?).

That said, one drop away from 950 on hunter (without artifact), so hoping I can stomp some people next week~

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Assuming they use a similar formula to Forsaken, it isn't that big a difference in damage. Ten or twenty levels isn't as brutal as the fifty light level difference of season 6(?).

That said, one drop away from 950 on hunter (without artifact), so hoping I can stomp some people next week~
    You do not know sorrow until your shoulder charge can't 1hk someone a few light levels above you.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It's looking like Xur's rolls are the same as you can pull from collections.. ..so garbage.

On the bright side, he still has the Fated Engram which can give random stat rolls.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 124 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast