• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 124 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 2.6.0.4

GENERAL
    Fixed an issue where certain characters in player names and clan fields could cause Squirrel and Weasel errors
    Clan names should no longer be truncated
    Fixed an issue where Nightmare hunts Time Trial Master triumph would not progress correctly
    Fixed an issue where Nightfall: The Ordeal would not drop a powerful reward for players who had already completed the Vanguard Strikes Challenge
    Fixed an issue that provoked the temporary deactivation of rally banners and the “Tire Game” in the Sanctuary vendor space on the Moon
    Fixed an issue where the Servitor spawning in the Gofannon forge could crash the game
    Fixed an issue where running the game as an admin could create a "steam_appid.txt" file that would cause a
    Tuned matchmaking in patrol destinations to increase player population

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Something to take away: Breakneck got fucking murdered, like it loses damage with Onslaught, same with Redrix's and Desperado.
    Just skimmed the video quickly (in part because I can't listen to him..), but it looks like he's only looking at damage numbers. We knew they were going to nerf the damage to bring them in line with the changes to Kill Clip, etc. His comparisons are pointless. How does Redrix with Desperado compare to the damage of other 540(?) pulses? Do they also do 20% less damage per shot than a 340 pulse? My hope is that the difference is more than 20%, otherwise, yes, Desperado is a pointless perk. But as is, that part of the video is pointless.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah I know how you feel already, we've been down that road. How it compares to other in that category idk, but isnt it suppose to be better? Its a Pinnacle weapon.

Edit: eh thats not what you're implying, apologies. I'd imagine any 520 in that category with a not now relatively bad perk(Desperado) would do comparatively better since the Perk itself seems to just turn the gun into a 520 with Outlaw and nothing else to note? I mean if the damage scales down to a 520's level then its literally a Pulserifle with Outlaw, its a Year 1 weapon at that point and IDK who could possibly justify that. But I don't own it to test it so I can't say for certain... so I agree I wish I knew how it compared to say for sure how the damage compares point for point

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We’re investigating an issue where the Iron Banner “Scour the Rust” quest step, “Conviction,” says to land 10 Super final blows to earn progress, but also shows a Grenade Launcher icon.

This step is actually progressed by earning 10 final blows with Submachine Guns.
    https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/statu...17834965987328

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ugh I literally just got to this step, did a round and got like 13 Grenade Launcher kills (Heavy + Orewing's) and checked my progress and it was sitting at 0/10. SMG kills eh?

LOL that's so random. One would think its either grenade launcher kills or super final blows lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been getting bumped back to 1/12 a lot trying to ready up for matches, like getting 12/12, it starting to load(not so far as to show ships), then throwing me back into orbit as 1/12. Like sometimes 2-3 times in a row.
    Edit: Also occasionally just throws me out of queue at 9/12 or 10/12. I guess this is probably a time thing and normal Its just I'm not used to seeing it...

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm so sick of these 3 maps I've never played on before. Widows court 3 times in a fucking row.
    [edit]
    4. I'm going to bed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its the same 3 maps on repeat, honestly I enjoy that most of them are Scout friendly, but outside of that I do wish they had a wider rotation.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Fuck that. Give me widows court x30

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Because of my hatred of shitty youtube videos (don't @ me, 6!), decided to look at the correct numbers. I went to the Tribute Hall, stood 8 meters away from a Harpy, and then tested weapons by shooting said Harpy it in its face (only have crit damage because I was tired and didn't think to record non-crit damage).

A 930 Redrix in its base form does 836 damage per crit.
    With Desperado up, it does 669 damage per crit (so about the aforementioned 20% decrease in damage per shot).

But the point is that Redrix is not a 340 pulse when it is doing 669 damage, its rate of fire is faster, so how does it compare to other pulses?

Against the same harpy, standing 8 meters away, I tested two Y1 pulses, a 930 Three Graves (340 Rof) and a 930 Time Worn Spire (540 RoF). The Time Worn Spire was chosen because 540 is the fastest RoF a pulse can roll.

Three Graves did 836 damage per bullet, the same as Redrix (which is expected because they're both 340 RoF pulses).
    Time Worn Spire did 589 per bullet for a crit (or 30% less damage per bullet of the 340 pulses).

Just looking at those numbers, 669 is greater than 589, so with Desperado up, Redrix does more than a comparable 540 pulse.

But wait! There's more! We don't actually know Redrix's rate of fire with Desperado up. While 540 is the fastest rate of fire of pulses, but people who have looked at frames reported that it actually fires at 600 RPM. So assuming that analysis is correct, Redrix with Desperado up does more damage than a slower firing pulse rifle.

TL;DR: shitty youtuber creates outrage by only using half the facts.

The obvious addendum to this is that I didn't test pulses with Kill Clip or Rampage to see how those stack up against Desperado, but that wasn't really the point of this post.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Remember folks, just because some YouTuber said it, doesn't make it right. There's a reason I hard blocked aztecross from my YouTube recs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I found this guy like a week ago, if you guys hate him guess Ill keep following him. Who do you all follow for destiny anyway?

The obvious addendum to this is that I didn't test pulses with Kill Clip or Rampage to see how those stack up against Desperado, but that wasn't really the point of this post.
    Kill Clip/Rampage gives 33% more damage. Multikill Clip goes up to 50%. Using your numbers, honestly even at 600ROF I don’t see it stacking up to a 540 with KC/Rampage/MKC after the nerf it got. Redrixs wasn’t great pre-nerf, serviceable but not great, now, using your math, its roughly 12% more damage per burst than a Y1 Legendary? I'd still call that pretty fucking murdered.

Edit: Sad thing is I don't have a 540 with Rampage/Kill Clip to test out the damage numbers stacking, but using just guestimates based on your original values, a 540 with Rampage would be doing 783 a Shot, more than 100 damage above Redrix's. If we adjust for Estimated speed difference (540 vs 600) by simply multiplying the damage times the number of rounds per minute

540 with Rampage (3x Stack) - 422,820 Damage per minute = 7047DPS
    Redrixs assumed 600 - 401, 400 Damage per minute = 6690DPS(duh)

These are optimal situations for both Redrix and a hypothetical 540 with KC or Rampage (We have limited choices for this). Redrix's would need to fire at 630+ RPM to beat a 540 with KC/Rampage in just raw damage, ignoring all the other positives of getting a God-Roll'd Pulse such as range/stability perks which only favor a "Random legendary" more and more. Now if we had a 540 with Multi-Kill Clip it just spirals out of control...but we dont have one of those, just a Kill Clip (Horror's Least/Outlast). Moral of this story is skip Redrix and just get yourself a Horror's least god roll if you want a good Speedy Pulse rifle.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I found this guy like a week ago, if you guys hate him guess Ill keep following him. Who do you all follow for destiny anyway?

Kill Clip/Rampage gives 33% more damage. Multikill Clip goes up to 50%. Using your numbers, Honestly even at 600ROF I don’t see it stacking up to a 540 with KC/Rampage/MKC after the nerf it got. Redrixs wasn’t great pre-nerf, now it’s arguably worse than a good rolled regular non-Pinnacle. Everyone can pick the hill to die on I guess but "Redrix is almost as good as a Y1 Pulse with Rampage" wouldn't be mine.
    Are those the old or new KC/Rampage numbers?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Are those the old or new KC/Rampage numbers?
    New, Old KC/Rampage were 66%, new KC/Rampage values are 33%, I used 33%. MultiKillClip would be 50%(Old was 100% jfc), but as far as I know there are no 540 Pulse with MKC. Swashbuckler also goes up to 33%(Or was it 25%?). Also I edited my above post with a bit more math to show you how I got where I did. Regardless of how we feel about the insane pre-nerf Rampage/KC/MKC/etc numbers, Redrix' got overnerfed hard.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

if you guys hate him guess Ill keep following him.
    Being a reactionary contrarian is hard work I guess.

Who do you all follow for destiny anyway?
    Fallout Plays for simplified dives into weapons for PVE and PVP. He occasionally goes down the weapon stats rabbit hole, IE his shotgun videos. CoolGuy, True Vanguard and Drewskys for high-skill info on weapon setups in PVP. CammyCakes is on the same tier as them, but his content doesn't really grab me as much as the previous four. Datto does good work, but his content is drying up and Fallout and a few others beat him to posting things that are relevant to me, same with Gladd. Ehroar for some phenomenal solo content and insights. My Name Is Byf for lore aggregation. I no longer have to read all the data in the game thanks to him.

Aztecross is blocked for being reactionary and unwilling to adapt to changes. Rick Kackis is also blocked for his extra long filler content guides that could be done in less than a minute.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Coolguy is great, though I wished he put out content faster.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Being a reactionary contrarian is hard work I guess.
    Pot, meet Kettle.

Fallout Plays for simplified dives into weapons for PVE and PVP. He occasionally goes down the weapon stats rabbit hole, IE his shotgun videos. CoolGuy, True Vanguard and Drewskys for high-skill info on weapon setups in PVP. CammyCakes is on the same tier as them, but his content doesn't really grab me as much as the previous four. Ehroar for some phenomenal solo content and insights.

Aztecross is blocked for being reactionary and unwilling to adapt to changes. Rick Kackis is also blocked for his extra long filler content guides that could be done in less than a minute.
    I think I've found Raid videos by Kackis, I had to time-skip forward in a video explaining the Scourge Raid so much I think there was about 3 minutes of useful information in a 30 minute video.

I'll give him a shot.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pot, meet Kettle.
    Understanding why bungie makes changes to weapons and not whining about is the exact the opposite of reactionary.

If I was the kind of person that subscribed to and watched twitch streams, he'd get money from me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Understanding why bungie makes changes to weapons and not whining about is the exact the opposite of reactionary.
    Some would call you a fanboy, I wouldn't stoop that low. Surely you question Bungie occasionally right? Like, if not, please explain Redrix being worse than basically any decently rolled Pulse Rifle. When it comes to Rampage, KC, MKC, I've come to understand those nerfs, my views on them being nerfed changed, I get why they were nerfed. But Redrix's... I mean, IDK how anyone could justify that massacre.

(Or do you just mean the Astec guys videos in general? Cause if so, IDK, as I said just found the guy, he could be a twat, if you're just talking about his videos then you dont have to answer the above)

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 124 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast