FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My problem with Across is his terrible voice

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Explain Redrix being worse than basically any decently rolled Pulse Rifle, for a friend.

(Or do you just mean the Astec guys videos in general?)
    Redrix has always been "worse" for the average player. To use Redrix properly, you HAVE to be ridiculously good. Redrix STILL tops out the high impact pulses AND high impacts got buffed. Redrix's TTK in PVP and damage over time in PVP is still fucking nuts. IE .67 secs TTK without desperado and 0.47 with desperado. It's doing less damage than it used to in PVE, but it's still ultra competitive against other pulses if you're skilled with it. Damage over time with multiple enemies is the important part. Not numbers generated on Greg. The more trash mobs you have to burn through, the better it is.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some would call you a fanboy, I wouldn't stoop that low. Surely you question Bungie occasionally right?
    Maybe you ought to read every post I've ever made in the destiny threads. I'm critical when I feel I need to be.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just watched a video from a guy you suggested (Ehroar) on the Cerberus+1, its about time someone gave that Exotic Catalyst the praise it deserves. That Auto with the Catalyst active is basically a shotgun with 500+ Ammo reserves. Its so damned good I've used it so much since I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Maybe you ought to read every post I've ever made in the destiny threads. I'm critical when I feel I need to be.
    I'll take your word for it because you're such a rational, level headed dude. So thats why I respect your opinion, so anyway, Redrix?

Edit: Oh, you responded twice. I missed the top one, RIP.

Redrix has always been "worse" for the average player. To use Redrix properly, you HAVE to be ridiculously good. Redrix STILL tops out the high impact pulses AND high impacts got buffed. Redrix's TTK in PVP and damage over time in PVP is still fucking nuts. IE .67 secs TTK without desperado and 0.47 with desperado. It's doing less damage than it used to in PVE, but it's still ultra competitive against other pulses if you're skilled with it.
    I assume you're pretty high end PVP, so do you see a lot of Redrix's in High-end PvP? I never see this weapon used when I PVP, even when I was grinding Comp. Is there any reason its so rare to find a Redrix user these day?

Damage over time with multiple enemies is the important part. Not numbers generated on Greg. The more trash mobs you have to burn through, the better it is.
    True, but Its still worse than any Rampage/KC 540 PvE(and I've simply not tested any other RoF's), because both require kills to activate their perk, with Desperado needing precision hits making it slightly harder. But its understandable this was never "intended" to be a PvE highlight weapon since it was a PvP Pinnacle. So I can give that a pass TBH. Mountaintop/Recluse just kinda got lucky.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Surely you question Bungie occasionally right?
    I'm so sick of these 3 maps I've never played on before. Widows court 3 times in a fucking row.
    [edit]
    4. I'm going to bed.
    I gotta say, I'm really hating steam names. Bungie should've stuck with bungie account names.
    K, either way, still a massive chore.
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...=1#post7239393

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...91#post7215891

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...61#post7213461

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...21#post7203521

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...47#post7169947

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...92#post7169892

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...46#post7102946

Just because I'm not being pants frothing at the mouth about things I don't like, doesn't mean I like them. I guess it's easy for you to ignore the times I'm bring critical for the sake of your argument though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

IDk what conversation you're having but I like it more than the one I thought we were having. This is like staring into the 4th dimension, I'm trying to piece together the infinite fractals to bridge the gap between what I thought was happening and what you thought.

You give fair criticisms. I trusted your previous post, or did you think I was being sarcastic? Because I wasn't. This is just how I type... most of the time. Seriously though I trusted your previous post, only an idiot would say "look at my history" and not have immediately like 20 examples to back it up, so I had no reason to doubt you like at all.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I assume you're pretty high end PVP
    I wish. I've maxed out twice, but not because I'm a top tier player. Even before the nerf, redrix was pretty rare in the higher ranks. You were more likely to see a Not Forgotten & Dust Rock combo.

IDk what conversation you're having but I like it more than the one I thought we were having. This is like staring into the 4th dimension, I'm trying to piece together the infinite fractals to bridge the gap between what I thought was happening and what you thought.

You give fair criticisms. I trusted your previous post, or did you think I was being sarcastic? Because I wasn't.
    Honestly? I cannot tell with you sometimes. You say some things I disagree with so hard that when you're being "sensible"* I imagine you're being sarcastic.

* not saying you're a dumbass, but you do have opinions on Destiny that I find dumb as fuck sometimes. We're all dumb about something, yours just seems centered around Destiny.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly? I cannot tell with you sometimes. You say some things I disagree with so hard that when you're being "sensible"* I imagine you're being sarcastic.

* not saying you're a dumbass, but you do have opinions on Destiny that I find dumb as fuck sometimes. We're all dumb about something, yours just seems centered around Destiny.
    Don't sweat it, I get how I come across, it has its intentional borderline sarcasm, its hard to tell when/if I'm being serious. Imperative is a good Scout.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Don't sweat it, I get how I come across, it has its intentional borderline sarcasm, its hard to tell when/if I'm being serious. Imperative is a good Scout.
    I think so too on Imperative, but everyone else seems to hate it...

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Moral of this story is skip Redrix and just get yourself a Horror's least god roll if you want a good Speedy Pulse rifle.
    The real moral is to just use whatever you like. If you care about DPS, then just use Recluse. For most content, the difference isn't going to be that important for it to matter.

I used Breakneck in Vex offensive last night and overall it was fine. Sure, it felt slow to kill things compared to what I'm used to, but I use Recluse for everything, so it's not a fair comparison.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Recluse barely counts, that thing is a god stored inside a gun.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Who here plays Titan in pvp? I've been running the shoulder charge striker, working well, is that more or less the meta until I can set up thunder coil? Tried some of the solar builds but I don't like it much in pvp.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Personally, I enjoy Sentinel Titan.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Recluse barely counts, that thing is a god stored inside a gun.
    I think that's one thing we can all agree on. Being able to put an anti-barrier mod on it just pushes it even further ahead of everything else.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Who here plays Titan in pvp? I've been running the shoulder charge striker, working well, is that more or less the meta until I can set up thunder coil? Tried some of the solar builds but I don't like it much in pvp.
    Tossing shields is the meta, buuuut striker isn't bad. I always have a hard time picking arc subclasses. It was bottom for that super, middle for delicious inertial override and top for shoulder charge.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Alright thanks, I'll try captain America when I get home on Thursday

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://stevivor.com/features/interv...looks-forward/

Bungie has no plans to refresh the vendor gear in the future.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That kinda sucks though I get what they mean about low priority.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The "refresh" is going to be seasonal. In the sense that each new seasons events and content will be going away, but the weapon and gear from it will still be earnable, so probably from vendors.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The "refresh" is going to be seasonal. In the sense that each new seasons events and content will be going away, but the weapon and gear from it will still be earnable, so probably from vendors.
    What?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast