Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Sometimes, but not constantly. Any current XI video is some guy who played 8 years ago having an orgasm to what he remembers. Couldn't care less about it, I would rather see people doing current content and talking about the now. People talk too much about the past with this game on YouTube. Keep in mind that is my opinion, if yall like to circle jerk to tons of people making videos about 2005, then go for it if it makes you happy. I find that more people now are cynical and dead inside when it comes to this game, constantly bashing what its become or the dev team yet can't seem to move on. Not a jab at you or anything, just my observations. Most of those old XI nostalgia videos are just so filled with misinformation and feels.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Turns out this is the font mod I wanted: https://github.com/KenshiDRK/XiView

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Asura doesn't have any linkpearls in the concierge

edit: is there a shortcut to show exp tnl? Or a way to show it on screen?

Do you use Windower? If so, it has a great addon, pointwatch, which displays your exp, exp per hour and cp related stuff.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I do. what's the command to load or unload an addon from the windower console? or can someone link me their docs

edit: easiest way to get early healer and dps trust? I have naji and valaineral

You'll probably want to look at this https://docs.windower.net/commands/

Specifically the addon section for how to interact with addons.

It explains it all on that page I linked, but all the commands need to be started with // or /console

/console is for macros since // doesn't work when used as a macro.

So, //lua load pointwatch
    Or as a macro, /console lua load pointwatch

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

derp, was just doing //load like old school

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    derp, was just doing //load like old school
    Windower changed quite a bit over time and it's why I opted for using Ashita. And I'd be the first to say it's only because of my inability to adapt and nothing bad about windower.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I can get gear from the sparks NPC, and I'm up to 3 trusts, including a tank and a healer, and I've got a sub job. I'm rdm 21 and starting blm...I have some crystals on AH, what's the best way to get gil for spells?

get acheron shields with sparks and NPC them

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Sometimes, but not constantly. Any current XI video is some guy who played 8 years ago having an orgasm to what he remembers. Couldn't care less about it, I would rather see people doing current content and talking about the now. People talk too much about the past with this game on YouTube. Keep in mind that is my opinion, if yall like to circle jerk to tons of people making videos about 2005, then go for it if it makes you happy. I find that more people now are cynical and dead inside when it comes to this game, constantly bashing what its become or the dev team yet can't seem to move on. Not a jab at you or anything, just my observations. Most of those old XI nostalgia videos are just so filled with misinformation and feels.
    Sometimes is fine, which is what I'd call about a 27 minute video focusing more on how FFXI came to be presented in what could generously be called "Youtube-Tier Documentary" style, and not the state of the game or its subjective enjoyment value. There may be some circle jerking in the comments, but the author of the video even himself states he only played the game for a little under 2 years, having just 1 level 75 BLM in that time. I just didn't get the same vibe as you and thats okay.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So I can get gear from the sparks NPC, and I'm up to 3 trusts, including a tank and a healer, and I've got a sub job. I'm rdm 21 and starting blm...I have some crystals on AH, what's the best way to get gil for spells?
    Make sure to be setting all Records of Eminence for literally any and everything you do. I always kept active at all times spoils for almost all crystals, for sure enemy kills, whatever zone you are exping in and then if what your exping on has a drop (honey, lizard tail, etc). The sparks and unity accolades to gil is a major help when starting out. Crafting can actually earn some gil too. It's not necessarily the most productive thing to do with your time, but for instance Sheep Leather, depending on server, will sell around 30k/12 or if patient 10k a single. Since you can buy skins at the leathercraft vendor all you need are the crystals and then go buy leaves and water. The real main easy money maker can be when Gain-Exp is active, which is three times a week. You can do accolades to gil if you don't mind the slow down in exping or just buy SP gobbie keys and pray you get something decent.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RDM have any utility in the 119 type activities?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

RDM have any utility in the 119 type activities?
    Sure. The higher tier enfeebles (particularly) can be very useful to have. RDM is still best suited to landing enfeebles in general, and having them last. Refresh III and Haste or Flurry II are also welcome. The job can always contribute. Obviously, specific demand will vary according to strategy/desired party configuration. RDM will tend to get more attention for fights where Geomancy effects are reduced, which isn't all that uncommon these days, or just higher tier content (or things that combine the two, like Dyna D wave 3).

You won't have people falling all over themselves to invite a RDM like they were at 75 cap, but I think we're getting past the stretch of RDM being overlooked/underrated.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Neat, thanks.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can I do crawler/bee page at top of cnest at 40? it's not on marvelous exp list

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Can I do crawler/bee page at top of cnest at 40? it's not on marvelous exp list
    Easily with a full party of trusts. I'm assuming you don't have Shantotto II? This is a brand new character correct? Once I got Totes 2 I basically aim for a camp where the mobs are 10-14 levels higher than me. At times that's pushing it in the beginning but it makes it so I don't have to jump around a lot. My exp loop differed from the list a little. Around 37-45 I always did desert beetles in Western Altepa in the middle. Camp is relatively safe and beetles are easy.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks. What do I do with unity points?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Thanks. What do I do with unity points?
    In the beginning convert them for prize powder and sell for gil until you can do unity fights for gear. During Gain-Exp the popular thing to do is convert them to SP gobbie keys if you are earning accolades at a fast rate. But while exping a lower level job I never found it to go that fast. And especially when you are starting out it just makes sense to convert them to powders to gil to take care of buying spells, low level gear, etc.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    In the beginning convert them for prize powder and sell for gil until you can do unity fights for gear. During Gain-Exp the popular thing to do is convert them to SP gobbie keys if you are earning accolades at a fast rate. But while exping a lower level job I never found it to go that fast. And especially when you are starting out it just makes sense to convert them to powders to gil to take care of buying spells, low level gear, etc.
    As a new player I wouldn’t convert to SP keys. They almost never pan out to be anything good. You’re better off taking the straight gil. 99k unity points = 990k Gil. If you’re a gambler then sure SP keys can be ok, but I’ve definitely made more Gil just trading for prism powders than doing keys.

Also I wouldn’t really bother spending time leveling up. You could pay a Merc to get you to 99 and use the sparks/unity points you leech to get your Gil back. Would probably get close to a free power level.

Make sure you have as many unity objectives set as possible.

Rdm is an awesome job now. Can solo quite a lot of content and useful for a lot of situations in party/alliance content.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag