Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/STD) - November 17, 2020

https://kotaku.com/odd-tease-in-the-...nex-1833838193

UNCONFIRMED but source is pretty reliable

New AC game to release on next gen consoles in 2020, code named “Kingdom”, now we’re Vikings.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Division 2 also has a tease in the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Ragnarok
    • Assassin’s Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come cross gen 2020.

• Actual name is Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok.

• Main character is ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen Army.

• Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland.

• Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.

• Settlements have some customization and in game economy systems.

• Large scale “conquest” battles return, and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the story.

• Player does become an assassin and use hidden blade.

• First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir.

• Game is developed primarily by Ubisoft Montreal.

• Creative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative Director.

• Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms.

• Co-op is returning, and can be used in most side quests and world exploration.

• RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning.

• Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration.

• Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)

• Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.

• Player has ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level

Nice. Probably my most anticipated game of the year.

I assume the "...but that's not assassin's creed" crowd is already upset.

Gonna be hard to top Odyssey for me, but once again, I’m excited for another AC game

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I mean, it's probably gonna be "Odyssey, but vikings". Nothing wrong with that.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Main character is named Ivor. Can choose to be male or female.

Timeframe is ninth century AD.

Ivor is leaving his merry band of Vikings away from their war torn homeland to settle new territory in England. The king featured in the trailer is reportedly King Alfred.

Game will feature “heavy RPG elements, more so than Odyssey”. Dialogue choices will affect the story.

There will be a settlement building feature, depending on what you build or add will have impacts on gameplay, opening up new quests and side stories.

There will be Viking raids. Other settlements and forts can be captured for land & resources.

Naval gameplay will return. You can cruise your Viking longship and pillage and plunder.

“Odin” will feature in the game, though Ubisoft is being a bit tight lipped on what that entails. But if you played Odyssey I imagine it will be handled much the same way the other mythical stuff was.

“Create-A-Viking” feature. You can create a Viking raider to use in battle and share it with friends who can download it and bring into their own game.

Mini games including duels, drinking games, and “flyting”, which is apparently the Viking version of rap battles.

Same director who worked on Black Flag and Origins is directing Valhalla.

Will be available for PS5 at same time as other platform releases.

BG Level

Hmm, maybe I'm reading into it wrong, but seems like they're kind of making a fusion of the conquest battles from Odyssey and the fleet missions from Black Flag/Rogue and sending assassins on missions from Revelations to get materials. The battles last time were fine, but after a while I would question why I bothered. The gear rewards wasn't really enticing for me, and later on I'd just use them to wipe my notoriety.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    I mean, it's probably gonna be "Odyssey, but vikings". Nothing wrong with that.
    I'm down with this

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Assassin’s Creed Valhalla throws players axe-first into ninth-century England, an age of warring kingdoms and Viking conquest. As Eivor, a fierce Viking raider, you’ll lead your clan to build a new home amid England’s fractured dominions. Launching Holiday 2020 on PS5 and Xbox Series X, as well as PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will let you raid, conquer, and fight for glory in a mysterious, brutal new land.

In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, nearly every decision you make will have lasting effects throughout the world. Violence won’t be your only tactic for getting what you want; a silver tongue can be as effective as a steel sword when it comes to finding a home for your people. Shifting England’s balance of power and expanding your influence through diplomacy will likely make you more friends than brute force. Every political alliance you build, combat strategy you employ, and dialogue choice you make will alter your journey.

You wouldn’t be a Viking raider without raids, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla lets you lead surprise longship attacks to pillage enemy territories for much-needed resources, or launch massive assaults against rival Saxon strongholds. Raids will be more action-packed and brutal than anything Assassin’s Creed has seen before, thanks to a visceral new combat system that lets you bash, dismember, and decapitate your foes. Eivor will be able to dual-wield axes, swords, and even shields against the greatest variety of enemy types ever seen in Assassin’s Creed. And if you want to mix it up, the return of the Hidden Blade allows Eivor to assassinate targets with deadly precision.

Playable as female or male, Eivor leads a clan of Norse people across the icy North Sea to flee Norway’s endless war and dwindling resources. If they hope to survive, they’ll have to build a new home in the hostile lands of England. There, you’ll provide for yourself and your people by constructing, customizing, and upgrading your settlement with new buildings like barracks, blacksmiths, and tattoo parlors, all while recruiting new members to grow your clan.

About Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you are Eivor, a fierce Viking warrior raised on tales of battle and glory. Explore a dynamic and beautiful open world set against the brutal backdrop of England’s Dark Ages. Raid your enemies, grow your settlement, and build your political power in your quest to earn your place among the gods in Valhalla.

Key Features

• Write Your Viking Saga – Advanced RPG mechanics allow you to shape the growth of your character and influence the world around you. With every choice you make, from political alliances and combat strategy to dialogue and gear progression, you will carve your own path to glory.

• Visceral Combat System – Dual-wield powerful weapons such as axes, swords, and even shields to relive the ruthless fighting style of the Viking warriors. Brutally decapitate your foes, vanquish them from afar, or stealthily assassinate targets with your hidden blade. Challenge yourself with the most varied collection of deadly enemies ever found in an Assassin’s Creed game.

• A Dark Age Open World – Sail from the harsh and mysterious shores of Norway to the beautiful but forbidding kingdoms of England and beyond. Immerse yourself in the Viking way of life through fishing, hunting, drinking games, and more.

• Lead Epic Raids – Launch massive assaults against Saxon troops and fortresses throughout England. Lead your clan in surprise attacks from your longship and pillage enemy territories to bring riches and resources back to your people.

• Grow Your Settlement – Construct and upgrade buildings that allow for deep customization, including a barracks, blacksmith, tattoo parlor, and more. Recruit new members to your clan and personalize your Viking experience.

• Mercenary Vikings – Create and customize a unique Viking raider within your clan and share it online with friends to use during their own raids.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They need to bring back PVP but I'm one of the few people that actually enjoyed it.

BG Level

if it's an evolution of Odyssey (as it appears to be) i'm all onboard, best in the series

please God just keep the present day nonsense to a minimum

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

This looks like a lot of fun. I should really play Odyssey before this

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    if it's an evolution of Odyssey (as it appears to be) i'm all onboard, best in the series

please God just keep the present day nonsense to a minimum
    So did your Kassandra finally find true love on the island of Lesbos?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm still on Origins; how was that one for people?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    So did your Kassandra finally find true love on the island of Lesbos?
    she found love in a hopeless place

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    I'm still on Origins; how was that one for people?
    It’s aight, I give them credit for doing a near complete revamp of the AC style but Odyssey took everything Origins did and made it better.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Odyssey is 67% off on Steam. Glad I saw that efore getting it on Ubi's launcher for full price lol

Well fuck, I had sworn off this series after Black Flag (Which I loved but felt the others were kinda crap. I haven't played Assassin Creed Greek drama yet)

Vikings though? Man...alright Ubisoft you fucking got me with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast