+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

He was on CS3. Without saying much....

I hope you love cliffhangers

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He completed 3 not 4 I think. 3 ending is a massive cliff hanger with some really wtf moments and I'd think most people wanted to be able to play CS4 asap after that, so being able to do that and yet taking a break seems weird :D

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah cs3. Trying to stay in the dark as much as possible for cs4's pc release this year.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm just so happy that one of my wild theories I had near the end of CS3 turned out correct.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Which one was that?

The wild theory that I had which was false was:

Spoiler: show
    Person I was playing with and I were firmly convinced Musse was Campanella

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Which one was that?

The wild theory that I had which was false was:

Person I was playing with and I were firmly convinced Musse was Campanella
    That Rean is able to pilot Valimar (who was piloted by Dreichels) because he received the heart of Osborn, who was secretly Dreichels. It turns out, he wasn't "actually" Dreichels, but Dreichels reincarnated. Which I call as "close enough"

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I will say that ANY guard skill be it craft, art, or perfect guard is fucking god tier. That shit saved my ass from being frustrated in a lot of those fights in cs3 so much that I needed to try and at least one in each party that I needed to use.

BG Level

Guard skills are mandatory for some fights on higher difficulties. Heck a fight in the 2nd Sky game basically demands them.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've finally hit the finale of SC2 (the chapter I mean, after going back to Trista).

Making final preparations and all that now. Before you ask, it was Laura again. lol. It was so cheesy, but so good at the same time.

I know I've said it, but I'm in absolute love with this series. They may not have the best graphics or balanced gameplay, but the characters are great, and the overall narrative is excellent.

Also the music is fucking incredible. Some of those battle pieces, such as Valimar battles or chest bosses and such & Zephyr theme. Not to mention the airship theme. I could just sit there and let it idle for hours.

Strapping myself in cause I'm sure it's gonna be still many many hours of craziness ahead of me.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Getting near the end of Sky FC I think...

Finished what I thought to be final dungeon and final boss...es, grumble, just got control again so looks like things aren't over yet... and no cliffhanger yet.... hmmm >.> <.< >.>
    Been at it for a few hours so putting it down for a bit, but excited to see what's still in store later today!

also only made it to rank 2, the completionist in my is raging >

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Getting near the end of Sky FC I think...

Finished what I thought to be final dungeon and final boss...es, grumble, just got control again so looks like things aren't over yet... and no cliffhanger yet.... hmmm >.> <.< >.>
    Been at it for a few hours so putting it down for a bit, but excited to see what's still in store later today!

also only made it to rank 2, the completionist in my is raging >
    Yeah that happens in all of these games. You think you're reaching the climax and then all of the sudden you're hit with some crazy shit. I think I got only to rank 2 as well, because going into the first couple games I didn't know about hidden quests.

Cold Steel 2 spoilers: (still not done)

Holy shit, so I beat the main game, and Crow is dead, Osborne is alive (I just had a feeling that was gonna happen) and fucking is Rean's father??? That I definitely did not see coming. I literally said out loud at 12:30 AM "What the fuck"

Crow dying feels like a parallel to Loewe dying at the end of SC. It has to be intentional. I would be lying if I said there weren't onions in the room.

And now I'm in fucking Crossbell in the Geofront playing as motherfucking Lloyd Bannings? Holy shit did NOT expect that. At most I expected a cameo from them, not a several hour long chapter. I'm still navigating the Geofront (prob about halfway) but let me tell you guys something. Seeing Crossbell fully realized in 3D brought a huge smile to my face, along with the music and Rixia and everything. I'm obviously missing some of what happened because of not playing Azure yet, such as Lloyd and Rixia teaming up and all now and everything with the Azure Tree, Crois getting arrested and whatnot, but it's nothing too major. I don't mind waiting to fill in those blanks. If anything, it has me looking forward to play Azure even more. But I am very happy I made the decision to play Zero, so I know who all these people are. I intend to finish CS2 today.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Welp.. finished FC. That was NOT what I was expecting at all when people said it ends on a cliffhanger...

It was sad, but didn't feel super cliffhangery, I guess because I knew I had SC ready to go? Idk, first thing I did was load up SC and play through the intro, so lol. :<<<<<<<

On to SC! I have a feeling I'll be glued to this one... starting to get slightly worried the two crossbell games wont be ready to play on my Vita by the time I get there now. >.<

Edit: (spoiler on my thoughts on how Sky might end)
    I'm actually a bit scared for how this is gonna end now. I've randomly seen Estelle in promotional materials or screenshots for other future games... but no Joshua. I've tried to avoid those as much as I can so I suppose there's a chance, but... pls no. :<

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can always play Trails from Zero on PC (that's what I did) and also Zero's translation 2nd pass is at 94% now. I'm sure there are a couple months testing ahead of that, but for what it's worth, I just got into the series in... October? And I played Trails in the Sky 1-3, then Zero, then went right to Cold Steel. There will be a few things you miss, but like others have suggested, Trails from Azure and Trails of Cold Steel 2 take place around the same time, so it just depends on what side you want to see things from.

As far as I know, the GEOFRONT version is never going to get ported to the Vita because it's not just a translation, there are bunch of other fixes that come with it. On another note someone from the team posted on reddit that they hope to have Azure out sometime before the first day of spring, so we shouldn't have to wait too much longer for it even if they delay a little bit more.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just started CS3. I was talking about to this with IC last night, but holy shit it was like Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3: We modern now.

I was taken aback at how much of an upgrade it was once they dropped handhelds support. Things actually have textures now! Some characters look a bit weird, but overall such a huge improvement.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Starting FC and it feels weird going back to the days of no MQ or anything like that being invented yet. In for a very vanilla experience of setup I guess.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not even an hour in to SC, made a choice I realized was wrong, curious to see if that just cost me any BP and... yup, 3 BP bye bye, the completionist in me fumes, but I guess this just means I can just continue casually and not care about OOPS I MISSED SOMETHING. >.<

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, you can continue on as a filthy casual.

Just kidding -- I always miss some obscure thing in these games, too, so I know that feel.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I just started CS3. I was talking about to this with IC last night, but holy shit it was like Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3: We modern now.

I was taken aback at how much of an upgrade it was once they dropped handhelds support. Things actually have textures now! Some characters look a bit weird, but overall such a huge improvement.
    This seems relevant, too:

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    This seems relevant, too:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag