Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nope, just have to be conscious of how you place the connector on the fan array. I have mine on top (my AIO is in the front of the case tubes down with 2 sets of fans in push pull) and it's fine. 5900X hits 70-75C under intense load but that's as high as I've seen it go. Normal every day use barely breaks 60.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My WiFi network loses internet for all devices if my wife and I try to work (both on VPNs) on it at the same time. If I am plugged in to the router via ethernet (in this case working in the living room), we have no issues at all. This can pretty much only be the router, right? I am using a Netgear AC2300 that is way out of warrantee at this point.

Should I buy a TP-Link Archer AX50 to replace it?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That does sound like a router issue but I also feel like it can be remedied cause I don't recall ever hearing about two devices not being able to vpn off the same network. Probably need to do some port forwarding stuff

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Got a wifi issue myself. Only happens on my pc. Every now and then it will just drop. When I try to open Network settings that window just freezes up and never opens so I can't poke around in there. Most of the time I have to restart to fix it. The past couple times trying troubleshooting has automatically fixed it. Can't figure out what's causing it. Win 10 btw.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You open the network connection screen in w10 and it doesn't open? Or you try navigate to your routers settings, and the webpage doesn't open?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The "Open Network & Internet Settings" page. It just gives me a blank blue screen and stays frozen. This only happens when the wifi cuts out.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

But you're sure it's only on that PC? Can you navigate to your router settings on mobile? Login and change things from there while the PC isn't working?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I will test that next time it happens and get back to you. But the wifi keeps working on every other device and restarting the PC always fixes it so I assumed it was isolated.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Seems like a PC issue, not a wifi issue. Have you tried reinstalling the software/drivers for the wireless card?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I will test that next time it happens and get back to you. But the wifi keeps working on every other device and restarting the PC always fixes it so I assumed it was isolated.
    If you're sure the wifi still works everywhere else, and reinstalling the driver's doesn't fix it, then the last thing I'd try is manually forcing the router to reassign my PC maybe even change the Mac address, and try again. If still no go, just get a new WiFi card.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks guys. I just re-installed the driver this morning so we will see how it goes. Will report back.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Nope, just have to be conscious of how you place the connector on the fan array. I have mine on top (my AIO is in the front of the case tubes down with 2 sets of fans in push pull) and it's fine. 5900X hits 70-75C under intense load but that's as high as I've seen it go. Normal every day use barely breaks 60.
    Ended up buying this. Hitting you up if I have any install questios! lol ty

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    then the last thing I'd try is manually forcing the router to reassign my PC maybe even change the Mac address, and try again.
    It happened even after driver reinstall so I'm gonna try this next. I don't know how to do it so will have to do some googling and try it this afternoon.

One more thing to add. I've never had it happen while I'm actively using the computer. The only times it has is when I have been idle or not paying attention.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    It happened even after driver reinstall so I'm gonna try this next. I don't know how to do it so will have to do some googling and try it this afternoon.

One more thing to add. I've never had it happen while I'm actively using the computer. The only times it has is when I have been idle or not paying attention.
    Ok my googling is letting me down. Wanna dumb it down for me a bit more Salad pls?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/cha...indows-10-why/

Been awhile so I don't recall step by step off the top of my head, but this link goes over the process. Once you change the Mac address your router should give you a new IP by default, even though you could have gotten that new IP in easier ways. If your pc is still disconnecting, maybe cause of sleep or power saving settings, then I'd try that next. Turn off all sleep or hibernation settings and try to replicate the wifi disconnect. If it never happens then it was likely that, if not then I'm stumped and the last thing I'd do is clean off the inside of my PC, reseat the WiFi card on my mobo, and reinstall before just ordering a new card.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks. As this is a "don't know if its fixed because it only happens randomly" problem, I'm waiting to see if it happens again before I try that mac change thing.

I know it's not sleep settings though because I only have it set to turn off the display automatically, but never to go to sleep.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You know what though, I had those power settings too and yet that Amazon bot I used would sometimes error if my monitor had turned itself off, yet when I set everything to remain on at all times then that error never showed up.

Strange...

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

From what I can recall every time it has happened my display has been off...

I'll have to keep an eye on this and confirm this if it happens again.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are you getting an IP conflict message from anything on the network?

Edit: Even if you're not, I've found that with a bunch of stuff on my home network, keeping a static IP on my PC (one near the end of the IP range) seems to help a lot with silly little issues.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    My WiFi network loses internet for all devices if my wife and I try to work (both on VPNs) on it at the same time. If I am plugged in to the router via ethernet (in this case working in the living room), we have no issues at all. This can pretty much only be the router, right? I am using a Netgear AC2300 that is way out of warrantee at this point.

Should I buy a TP-Link Archer AX50 to replace it?
    This was a router issue btw. I looked at 1* amazon reviews of the router I had and they were all describing my problem. Defective batch, I guess?

Replaced the router and we've both been working over wifi for three days now with zero drops.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag