1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Fair enough. Sounds like I’ll go with lots of roulettes. At least I noticed I get a lot more to open up at level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Did you do the talking to the dude in the barracks room and actually -get- your squad? once you have high enough rank, it should give you 3x dude(ttes) to start out with
    Hmmmm. I thought I talked to everyone in there. I’ll do it again though. Maybe I missed one.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also you're on Stormblood. The main story quests will level up your main job just fine.

If you want to get a second job caught up, roulettes and PotD spam are your best bets

Edit: and appropriate level beasttribes are pretty solid too for an easy chunk of exp every day

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You will be given some recruits initially to get you started, then you have to do the tutorial stuff the commander assigns to you. He’ll tell you about squad training. After they reach a certain level from training you have to send them out on a training mission that takes 18 IRL hours to complete. Then when they get back (and have reached an appropriate level) you can run dungeons with them. But you still have to level them up with training and missions as well. A level 20 squad can only do dungeons up to level 20, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    You will be given some recruits initially to get you started, then you have to do the tutorial stuff the commander assigns to you. He’ll tell you about squad training. After they reach a certain level from training you have to send them out on a training mission that takes 18 IRL hours to complete. Then when they get back (and have reached an appropriate level) you can run dungeons with them. But you still have to level them up with training and missions as well. A level 20 squad can only do dungeons up to level 20, etc.
    I finally got a recruit after I started posting. Apparently I had 3 to start with but didn’t know but the forth formed a squad and it’s let me start sending them on missions. So if looks like I’m on track now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Also you're on Stormblood. The main story quests will level up your main job just fine.

If you want to get a second job caught up, roulettes and PotD spam are your best bets

Edit: and appropriate level beasttribes are pretty solid too for an easy chunk of exp every day
    Oh yeah the problem is my main job is far over leveled for the quests and the gap is widening. I’m just trying to get something else I’m interested in caught up to 60 to kinda stagger the massive amount of exp I’m currently getting from the msq.

Don't know what you all were talking bout with dungeon squadrons not being good.

They are earning me exp as I type this. I can watch youtube videos while I send them to kill things and only have to pay attention during bosses.

This is pretty much passive exp. It's great.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think they were speaking from a 60+ perspective, even 70+. The EXP would be decent if you're around the similar level of the dungeon. Good if you're starting out/have many jobs to level. For many of us where we're possibly capped from the previous expansion, squadrons feel limited in comparison.

At 70+ as part of MSQ, MSQ dungeons has a similar system called trusts, where upon the first time you do the dungeon with trusts, the available pool of members can be limited, but if you redo them you can pick whoever; and do the same thing, pull and then AFK/do something else while they kill the mob for you for exp.

However, trusts AI is a bit limited/dumb though; they can't AOE except the tank
    Squadrons also get some buff which makes them stronger (the Tank/DPS/Heal proficiency or something). At higher ranks if you're on healer you don't even need to heal most of the time.

Makes sense.

I get it isn't the fastest way to earn exp but I'd much rather passive exp than waiting in 20 minute+ queues after I've already done my daily roulette.

On the flip side, my sam is 59 now and I have my MSQ Roulette to do today still that should pop me to 60. Then it's off to flipping between Samurai and Dancer through the actual stormblood quests.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Don’t forget your PVP daily roulette gives a ton of xp. You can que in whatever job you want to get the XP on and then switch to whatever you want to play before the match starts. A lot of people miss out on that.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Don't know what you all were talking bout with dungeon squadrons not being good.

They are earning me exp as I type this. I can watch youtube videos while I send them to kill things and only have to pay attention during bosses.

This is pretty much passive exp. It's great.
    I mean compared to regular parties they feel like a slog for me. That and having to position them in fights if there's AoEs/etc. down I need to avoid.

Is extreme lag on weekends common in this game now? My internet is working flawlessly otherwise but in game I'm rubberbanding like crazy.

Hmm apparently it's my ISP. I found something called Mudfish which is a VPN that specifically works with ff14 (or a bunch of other games, you pick) and now it's smooth as butter.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

UK to NA player here, in most of my play sessions lag is none existent, however I do know your ISP and/or possibly area can affect the game. Like once I played with my RL friend and he was rubberbanding heavy, while me 30 miles away on a different ISP had no issues.

I would say 2-3 times a year I hit these issues.

I’ve had it happen basically every weekend after like 10am which makes sense as more people are playing. Today was especially bad and I imagine it’s because of the holiday.

Reddit seems to have concluded its usually but not always an isp issue.

Either way the vpn I mentioned seems to be making it run faster than even non lag times. Loading is super fast now. Also I loaded $10 for the account which is like 80gb of data and well, that’s apparently at least like two years from how much it’s telling me I have left on the “card.”

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I haven't heard of anyone in my circle needing Mudfish since around 2.3-2.4; back then, the latency was terrible on NA servers; around the time of Titan EX. There's a lot more traffic right now because of the holiday, but also because more people are jumping on the trial version.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The only people i see use VPNs now are MCH mains.

It's been garrrrrbaage for me on weekends. Like I seriously can't even play. I thought it may be just like the local server interaction and if I did a Trial it would be better or something as maybe an instance would make a difference.

Nope, got Ramuh hard mode and somehow didnt kill the whole raid.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Humm, could you run a ping while you play when it's bad to another resource? that could be a local network issue as well, or ISP related.
    (back when I was a student and lived at a dorm, every day around 5 pm, the network would start going down and being ridicilously unstable, after like a year, they admitted that a switch wasn't up to spec for dealing with the load for our area).

what you'd do is pretty much open the command prompt (hit the windows key + r, type in cmd and hit enter), then type in

ping -t www.google.com

and when you're done playing hit ctrl+c, it'll abort, it'll show you some statistics. if that was bad as well, it's not a game specific issue.
    (it's an incredibly superficial, but very easy, thing to start testing, if it's supersweet it doesn't mean that your network or ISP are "clean", it could just be a route specific thing, but if it's bad as well, you have a good idea where to look).
    it'll show you packet trip time and packet loss. packet loss should ideally be close to 0 no matter how long you let it run, ping time would depend on a lot of factors, so it's more interesting to look at min/max/avg values

The problem is I'm good enough with computers that I can reasonably figure out things like "yeah it's probably this" but not good enough to have any clue how to fix it without tons of googling.

My internet works 100% fine on everything but ff14 on weekends or high population times, and this solution was $10 and fixed everything and should last for years. Works for me!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag