1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast

I personally haven't encountered lag often, but I've heard a lot more people complaining about lag lately.

It’s also the type of lag where it’s not like timers are a second behind or whatever. It basically flat out freezes for 10 seconds. Then catches up all at once and you’re good for like 1-2 seconds. Then repeat.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I personally haven't encountered lag often, but I've heard a lot more people complaining about lag lately.
    This. I think the only time I’ve ever encountered lag is in huge CE in Bozja.

My god at this Kugane tower climb.....

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

And the tower isn't that hard.
    Two years for the summer event, they put in a jump puzzle tower. And since there was no sightseeing log reward and it was only for a limited time, they ratcheted up the difficulty.

Now that ARR has flying, I'll be surprised if they put it in again.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

How they gonna give RDMs and others a moogle weapon and not DNC? THE TRAGEDY.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Two years for the summer event, they put in a jump puzzle tower. And since there was no sightseeing log reward and it was only for a limited time, they ratcheted up the difficulty.

It's definitely not that bad once you get the spacing down for the jumps and learn how far out you can step before falling and such, but for a returning player I can now blast through like the first half but can't get to the top yet after like an hour of trying. I generally dominate platform stuff too but this making me second guess my skill.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Might have been answered, but i've finally started playing again and grinded a few 80's out.

Was easy to figure out the 520 armor doing the dailies, but how or where do I start with 520+ weapons?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quickest way would be buying crafted weapons off the market board. Other options include Diamond Weapon EX trial, farming the last tier of Eden normal raids for the weapon exchange, or long term making a relic or doing Eden Savage.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Weapons have always been kind of annoying to buy.
    1. You need 1000 tomes of Revelation (weekly currency)
    2. Buy 10 Mowen's Tokens (Revelation) from the Revelation (Other) option at Aymark in Eulmore.
    3. Buy Defragmented Tomestone from Yhal Yal in Eulmore, Eden's Promise Antique Exchange option (requires 4 sword items that you get from e12 normal, item is at the very bottom of the list)
    4. Buy Cryptlurker weapon from Fathard in Eulmore, Cryptlurker Gear Exchange.

Edit: But yeah, options above also work.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Possibly returning - Questions

It can be done, 2 years ago, people exploited the 2 person mount and used it as a taxi to get to a specific area midway, then last year, the tower had an “anti-mount aura” and it prevented mount usage.

The hardest part about Kugane Tower was realizing some of the graphics didn't match the collision boxes. For some of the tighter jumps, this usually meant you had to jump out further than you'd think. So, I think it is fair to call it rough, but it's in more of a cheap difficulty kind of way than any sort of depiction of skill.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    The hardest part about Kugane Tower was realizing some of the graphics didn't match the collision boxes.
    This was far, far worse with the aforementioned summer event, especially near the top where you see narrow platforms, but they have fat collision boxes which you'll accidentally bump against and then fall.

The area is surrounded with a no-mount debuff, although I don't know how that'd affect flying into it. Perhaps it also disables being able to dismount within it while already on one.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Does the lodestone have a different pw than everything else?

When I log into the game/mog station I have no issue, but when I try to log into lodestone it says the username/pw is incorrect.

I don't wanna reset the pw if it's a glitch and have it mess up everything else.

it's the same account, I just tried logging to lodestone and got in with no issue.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    it's the same account, I just tried logging to lodestone and got in with no issue.
    kk I'll try emailing them then, ty!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ok got another question: I used to use Legacy controls back in the day (controller) but this time I am using kb/mouse. I dunno if this is possible to do with keybinds or something BUT: Is there a way to have legacy controls allow you to rotate the camera with the mouse when running so your character doesn't follow?

Like in standard if you are running I can left click and rotate the camera, but can't seem to do that with legacy.

I still prefer legacy for dodging shit. But the camera thing is bothering the fuck out of me.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Ok got another question: I used to use Legacy controls back in the day (controller) but this time I am using kb/mouse. I dunno if this is possible to do with keybinds or something BUT: Is there a way to have legacy controls allow you to rotate the camera with the mouse when running so your character doesn't follow?

Like in standard if you are running I can left click and rotate the camera, but can't seem to do that with legacy.

I still prefer legacy for dodging shit. But the camera thing is bothering the fuck out of me.
    I'm not sure I understand the question here, but on Legacy, you have to hold the mouse button to rotate the camera if that is what you mean.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the question here, but on Legacy, you have to hold the mouse button to rotate the camera if that is what you mean.
    When I hold the mouse button my character runs in the direction that I tilt the camera. I want her to continue running in the direction I want while titling the camera.

When I get a moment I'll try to make a video of what I'm am talking about.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Left mouse button should rotate around while you keep walking where you were walking, right will have you turning around in the direction you're moving
    (on my system at least, if it doesn't on yours, maybe I tweaked something years ago I forgot about)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag