+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Its a bit buggy, Ray tracing is busted on steam at the moment causing constant crashes. I also had to restart a couple times where menus got stuck.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've had rtx turned on the whole time and haven't had a single crash after like 4ish hours, did you update drivers? Nvidia released some game ready ones

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I've had rtx turned on the whole time and haven't had a single crash after like 4ish hours, did you update drivers? Nvidia released some game ready ones
    I have a 3080. everything's updated, reinstalled the game. I am not alone with the ray tracing crashes, there is a thread on steam. DLSS works fine, but ray tracing always crashes after a while even if set to low.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/10888...8133383/?ctp=5

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

/shrug, PCs are weird.

I'm at a little over 5 hours now and other then some animation glitches haven't seen any issues. Graphics fully maxed out w/good performance.

Star Lord having a California accent is a little weird since he's still clearly shown to be from Missouri here, but overall I'm super impressed with the voice acting in this game. Everyone sounds right without just trying to be a copy of their MCU equivalent.

Playing a bit more I am enjoying that this is very heavily rooted in the older Cosmic Marvel era.

Lots of references to Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest and the like, even if it's distinctly within its own continuity
    Unrelated to the game but maybe you can help with this.

I’m reading the full Hickman run and finished the initial fantastic four part and am into the beginning of FF. They keep mentioning an annihilation wave from the negative zone.

Is this at all related to cosmic annihilation or is it totally unrelated. Ive been a little confused on it really.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes it's start of the old cosmic marvel run, which kicked off with the Annihilation storyline. It was collected in some trades (I don't know what later revisions came out to, mine is made up of 3 volumes)

https://www.comicbookherald.com/marv...el-cosmic/amp/

Cosmic Marvel from Annihilation thru Thanos Imperative was some of the best shit Marvel has ever done and is how we ended up with a bunch of characters as out of fucking left field as Rocket Raccoon making into movies and being made into plushies.

But for the sake of understanding the references in Hickman's run, only Annihilation is really relevant.

Also my god I just hit the part in the Knowhere bar, this games voice acting really is fucking top notch lol

Edit : oh shit if you try to shoot in a social area Peter instead just makes finger guns and starts mouthing gun noises.

Hell yeah. That’s what I wanted to hear!

I plan on reading it eventually using this guide https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...reading_order/

But it’ll probably after I finish Hickman, which I’m reading in part because I am waiting to finish secret wars to pick back up with my boy Miles. I know I don’t have to go this route but everyone raves about the hickman run so I figure it’s worth a detour.

game was pretty ok. the gameplay was nothing to write home about but the actual writing and voice acting was very good. jokes honestly landed as much if not more than the GOTG movies. drax is awesome

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If I get banned for this, I get banned for this.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    game was pretty ok. the gameplay was nothing to write home about but the actual writing and voice acting was very good. jokes honestly landed as much if not more than the GOTG movies. drax is awesome
    I've been really impressed with the writing and voice acting. I was expecting to be constantly distracted because it wasn't the MCU faces and voices, but they did a good job keeping the personalities of the characters intact with the new guys. I've laughed out loud on a number of occasions. As you mentioned, though, the gameplay has been ... OK, but nothing spectacular. I definitely find myself looking forward to the non-action sequences over the actual combat, which is definitely unusual.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

this was actually a damn good game i hope it Sells good i want another one. ppl that complain about it not looking like mcu are silly af

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC View Post
    this was actually a damn good game i hope it Sells good i want another one. ppl that complain about it not looking like mcu are silly af
    This game was class all the way. I hope they make more. It was amazing good. It made some of the mcu versions of characters look terrible honestly. .Mantis...

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The writers for this game were clearly massive fans of the Cosmic Marvel run and it shows.

While having wildly different characterizations then their comic counterparts, including characters like Raker and Ko-Rel is such a nice touch, all of the dossier files for people like Jack Flag, Darkhawk, and Richard Rider, the scene where Drax wears the Nova helmet... just all fantastic.

I wish Drax was based on the 616 version like most of the others are, but that version of the character has such an overly complicated history I get why they went with a version closer to the movies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I wish Drax was based on the 616 version like most of the others are, but that version of the character has such an overly complicated history I get why they went with a version closer to the movies.
    But those threads, though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just picked this up at Gamestop the other day for $30. Honestly, at that price, this game is a steal. It is really fucking good. The writing is really well done, it keeps me consistently laughing. They really got the dysfunctional family aspect of the characters down. I really hope this game sells gangbusters and they make a sequel. Only just started Chapter 5, think there's 16 total. Combat has enough options to keep it varied. It's not DMC5 levels of good, but serviceable. Like Byrd said, the exploring is just as fun just due to the banter and all the little extras all over.

Definitely worth your money.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Like Byrd said, the exploring is just as fun just due to the banter and all the little extras all over.
    I just finished it last night, and would recommend it. If I had something to complain about, I found combat repetitive, particularly the last few levels. More enemy variety would have been nice. A couple of fights with those regenerating flying guys and infinitely regenerating minions just went on forever. I'd get close to beating them, and then they'd heal. Repeat ad nauseum. I'm sure I could have just been doing something wrong, but there were also a lot of fights where the bad guys were just bullet sponges. I did like that the other Guardians would shout out advice to you if things were taken too long or if you were just meandering aimlessly while looking for the exit. Their advice was particularly appreciated in
    Spoiler: show
    Cosmo's Mind Maze,
    as I wasn't getting anywhere until I started listening to them tell me which way I needed to go.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The patch made it less janky I found, but combat is the big thing I hope they get a sequel to improve upon. Sometimes the finishers glitch out or the slo-mo looks silly, combo moves sometimes look really wonky and starlords meele combo has like 2 variations and that's it but its still a good foundation, man i do really hope this sells well so they get to build upon this.
    The huddle feature needs some tweaking too, I used it maybe like 1 or 2 times per mission, and often it would just trigger a phase transition on a boss and just be done and waste the cool music.
    I slow walked so often to listen to the trash talk, and it didn't even repeat the same lines over and over, the guys talking shit when you wander off to loot stuff was a nice touch aswell.

i hated the huddle mechanic, it was so goofy and just...not interesting

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

on sale on steam