Maybe that was too meta.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Musk started off by saying Twitter is the new town square and has a lot of potential in the shaping of future, offered $44BN. Twitter OK’d the sale as they rightly thought that price is higher than their valuation and knowing the history there is no way they can turn the firm that profitable.

Twitter, being an entirely a different business than what Musk have been doing would require way too much time and resources to run not to mention to play an active role in “reshaping future”. It’d probably end up being another resource hog financially as well. Seeing this, Musk wanted to withdraw from the deal with two lousy excuses (bot problem and executives getting fired) and officially initiated the withdrawal. These excuses were likely brought up by his lawyers as a breach of agreement so that he won’t get fined by SEC and penalized by Twitter. They are lousy because who cares if executives were fired as long as you own the damn company, and bot problem, a common nuisance of all social media on the path to the “grand ideals” of Elon on future.

Now twitter is pushing for it to get another bite from Musk as a revenge (and yeah, $44bn was a good deal for them)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

sorry i was referring to the 'TE.' dunno what that is.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://twitter.com/MetaQuestVR/stat...75828442910720

Just casually raising the price a hundred dollars, nbd.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ugh... I've been bracing for something like this ever since we saw that earnings call about VR loosing somewhere in the ballpark of ~12B. The Quest 2 sells at a loss, and the Studio hasn't turned a profit yet. Looks like they're trying to either stem the bleeding or turn the Hardware into some degree of profit now that their initial base has grown.

Because I love VR... If its between this and the largest VR "investor" right now closing down due to lack of profit and almost assuredly killing the genre as a whole... I'll take a $100 Price increase on the Hardware(With free $30 game). But seriously if they go any higher you may as well save up for one of the higher quality VR headsets on the market, the value the Quest 2 had was in being the cheapest entry level Headset that was still good in quality, and could play PC Games through virtual desktop.

Spoiler: show
    Heres hoping viable competition seizes this opportunity. Cause outside of Meta/Quest, the Standalone VR Headset market is not very accessible price wise

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I had bought the HP Reverb G2 and it was $500 I think at the time when I bought it. Honestly, it's been a good investment to not have to be tied to the Metaverse and FB login.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    the value the Quest 2 had was in being the cheapest entry level Headset that was still good in quality, and could play PC Games through virtual desktop.
    I know so many people who own Quest 2's solely because it was the cheapest headset by a good margin while been a good all-arounder if you're willing to deal with hand tracking loss behind you. As you said, this price bump just brings it out of that pricing bracket where you consider it a no-brainer, especially in Canada where it's a third of the price of an Index.

Still waiting to see if Sony tries to be nice this time around and allows PSVR2 on PC, as the specs on that headset for consumer-level is nuts, but I doubt it since they'd also want their own walled garden for software sales.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah, PSVR is entirely held back by its refusal to open up to Virtual Desktop. I'll never own one for that reason until they break that mold and stop forcing their VR to exist in the same ecosystem as the console wars.

Anyway, a Youtuber I follow for VR stuff did a segment on this, as well as talking about upcoming VR headsets that will compete with the Quest 2, not only in terms of far superior hardware, but now.. well, pricing. (its about halfway in the video past the latest VRChat debacle)

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Any of you VR heads should try out my best friend's game Barbaria

https://youtu.be/c0Ber2UYv20

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1984610/Barbaria/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Any of you VR heads should try out my best friend's game Barbaria

https://youtu.be/c0Ber2UYv20

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1984610/Barbaria/
    I actually have that on my Wishlist/Following cause it looked super cool. You telling me you know the Dev? Thats so cool, Ive been keeping an eye on the update cycles and what they're adding before purchasing (Cause so many Early access games die due to lazy/slow devs) and it looks to be doing good.

BG Level

I've known him since I was 14, I've been playing various iterations of this game pre-release for years now. I even edited one of the game play demo videos for a pitch to Sony lol. Get it, enjoy the updates, they are still cranking hard on new content and porting to new platforms.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Tell your friend his game looks awesome. I can see a few games/genres I've like over the years mashed up in VR, and it's compelling. Good not Meta hardware combined with content like this might get me to take the VR plunge.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The headset was an amazing deal, especially with it's built in tracking. But at that price? Might as well go with a competitor if you're already spending that much. I have one and barely use it, and I wouldn't have even gotten it at that new price.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    Tell your friend his game looks awesome. I can see a few games/genres I've like over the years mashed up in VR, and it's compelling. Good not Meta hardware combined with content like this might get me to take the VR plunge.
    Thanks, I'll let him know. It's the type of game he's wanted to make since we were teenagers, and he's very invested in the idea that "everything should be possible". You block an arrow with your shield? Well pull it out and throw it back at the archer. Want to do the cool 300 move where you use your sword to chop off the arrows stuck in your shield off? Go for it. Did you kill a goblin? Grab his body and chuck it at the other one. Cut off his head? Cool, pick it up and use it to bludgeon the next guy.

It has kind of a Deadpool-esque lighthearted comedy to it, offsetting the violent rampage going on.

Basically he just wanted to make an extremely FUN game. I think he succeeded.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    You block an arrow with your shield? Well pull it out and throw it back at the archer.

BG Level

Pregnot lol

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Level

The funniest video of all time

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 151 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag