Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Man Arrested in string of Cat Killings in Southern Florida

Police Arrest Suspect In Cat Killings - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami

Cats Slain In Palmetto Bay, Cutler Bay, Kendall

http://www.justnews.com/2009/0614/19748987_240X180.jpgPALMETTO BAY, Fla. -- Police have arrested the man they say is responsible for a string of cat killings in South Florida.Tyler Weinman, 18, lives in the area and is now in police custody, police said. He is charged with 19 counts of animal cruelty, four counts of burglary and 19 counts of improper disposing of an animal body."Our communities of Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay have been on edge for many weeks now because of the horrific and unspeakable slaughterings of many of their beloved feline pets. I sincerely hope that with his arrest, the residents will feel relieved and their cats will be safe once again. It is expected that the vicious crimes that have plagued these communities will not be repeated," said Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle."I commend the police officers of the Miami-Dade Police Department and senior trial counsel Michael Von Zamft who worked tirelessly and exhaustively with our law enforcement partners in order to put an end to these acts of cruelty. My heart goes out to the pet owners who have suffered such a great loss," Fernandez Rundle said.On Saturday, Miami-Dade police issued arrest warrants for suspects and said they were working to make arrests in the case.Circuit Judge Darryl Trawick signed the arrest warrant for Weiman.Miami-Dade police said that since April, 33 cases involving dead cats have been reported. Eighteen of the cases, which involved a total of 19 dead cats, have been confirmed as animal cruelty, police said. Those cases happened in Palmetto Bay, Cutler Bay and Kendall.Palmetto Bay officials said police plan to serve warrants to multiple suspects, but they did not say how many.Palmetto Bay resident Wayne Edwards transformed his backyard into a playground for his cats. He had 17 of the animals, but he is down to 16 after one was found slain and mutilated in a neighbor's front lawn."Why come here in this area and kill innocent cats? They are not doing anybody any harm," Edwards said.More than 150 residents gathered at a town hall meeting Saturday morning to discuss the cat killings."This terrible time has drawn us together as a community, further emphasizing the importance of knowing our neighbors, communicating with each other and always staying vigilant to suspicious activities whenever or wherever they may occur in our village," Palmetto Bay Mayor Eugene P. Flinn Jr. said in the news release.The reward for information leading to an arrest in the case was up to $12,000. The investigation continues.
    Previous Stories:
    I seriously hope they make him do regular jail AND nut house time, and then ankle bracelet him or something. That face + what he did to those animals = future serial murderer of America club.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

This is great news, I've read a couple articles on this story. I hope they throw the book at him and he ends up in jail for a long time. A cute young white boy like that? Oh man. He's going to be shitting blood for the rest of his life, guarantee it. As it should be.

That said, how hard is to keep your cat indoors once you know there's a serial cat killer on the loose? Were people just ignorant and didn't read the news? Or is an outdoor cat really that hard to keep inside? I wouldn't know, mine's an indoor cat, but I just can't see it being that hard to keep your feline indoors until they catch this guy. Maybe I'm wrong.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They should employ some Darwinism on this kid.

Ketsaiga

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    That said, how hard is to keep your cat indoors once you know there's a serial cat killer on the loose? Were people just ignorant and didn't read the news? Or is an outdoor cat really that hard to keep inside? I wouldn't know, mine's an indoor cat, but I just can't see it being that hard to keep your feline indoors until they catch this guy. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Some cases it cant be hard, we have one cat who's outdoors a lot. He won't use the litter boxes so we need to let him out(even though he's currently on a rabies quarantine).

As for this little shit, I hope he get put away for a while. Prison might do him some good, I'm sure the other cellmates wouldn't look too kindly at his actions.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

That's fucked up. I'm willing to bet he gets a slap on the wrist and like a year's probation with the way our judicial system works.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Those poor Peruvian cats who were just trying to defend their land. :<

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Don't worry, all the cats were pregnant so he was just performing abortions.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

This is great news, I've read a couple articles on this story. I hope they throw the book at him and he ends up in jail for a long time. A cute young white boy like that? Oh man. He's going to be shitting blood for the rest of his life, guarantee it. As it should be.

well for one, mine will meow non-stop until I open the door.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If only cats would have guns, this wouldn't have happened
    http://members.arstechnica.com/x/xoa/cat_payne1.jpg

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have an outdoor cat which was hit by a car about a year ago. My mom was freakin about it and tried to turn her into an indoor only cat after she recovered...but the cat would sit at the door for hours waiting for someone to open it and try to sneak out. Or she'd hide under a table or something and as soon as you let your guard down she'd dart out. Cats are sly bastards...so yes it's hard to keep an outdoor cat indoors. Especially if they're used to going to the bathroom outside.

EDIT: And agreeing with Guartz...the non-stop meowing gets just a tad annoying.

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Most serial killers start with animals. Hopefully the prosecutor can aim for the max sentence, but most animal cruelty laws are a joke so the sentence he will get isn't going to be very long. :/

Gunitsoldier

Give him the chair.

Poor cats, fucking bastard.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    That face + what he did to those animals = future serial murderer of America club.
    I couldn't agree more to this. That cocky look makes me want to punch him square in the jaw.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    That face + what he did to those animals = future serial murderer of America club.
    Hmm, Florida? Maybe something traumatic happened in his childhood, which gives him an urge to kill, and maybe his father didn't want him to kill humans yet, maybe he wanted him to start with animals. Who knows, one day when he is older and has become more refined in his killings he could go to work for the Miami police department as a blood spatter analyst during the day, while secretly killing murderers by night.

He has to start somewhere, right?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post
    Hmm, Florida? Maybe something traumatic happened in his childhood, which gives him an urge to kill, and maybe his father didn't want him to kill humans yet, maybe he wanted him to start with animals. Who knows, one day when he is older and has become more refined in his killings he could go to work for the Miami police department as a blood spatter analyst during the day, while secretly killing murderers by night.

I approve of this post.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I hate cats, only cause they are assholes and I'm highly allergic. I'm glad they caught this psycho, it was only a matter of time till he was killing fat chicks for their skin so he can make a women suit for him to wear.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We adopted a cat that used to be an outdoor cat but my mother tried to turn it into an indoor one. At first he did the meowing bit at every door or open window, then he moved to the waiting for you to open it so he could run out trick but after deciding those didn't work, he stopped trying to escape and started trying to get kicked out. He'd jump on things and start knocking stuff down, making sure you were watching, he'd pee on rugs and sheets and such and the final straw was when he broke into my parents room one night, climbed on my father and started backing up...

My father woke up before anything happened, but at that point he wasn't going to take any chances and threw the cat outside that very night. The rest of the night we heard cat-fights all over in the abandoned house across the street. Next morning we go looking for him and see him sitting on the corner of the roof...the spot a fairly large stray cat always slept. We go over thinking he needs help getting down but he instead jumps over our heads and goes back home for breakfast. The bastard wanted out just so he could take over the neighborhood, and he sure as hell did cause we haven't seen that old, fat stray cat since.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This guy has been on the news here in Miami for about two months now, being mentioned about twice a week. Glad to see they finally caught the sick bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post

i see what you did there.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

he needs to be mutilated himself...bullshit with wat people get away with these days