• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Before I return this monitor/buy a new one...

I have a question that needs help rather quickly, as the sale for my new monitor ends in about 4 and a half hours.

Right now on darker colors and in ffxi, the monitor looks fine but there's like a black wave in the background that moves vertically down my screen. It's not VERY noticeable but it is annoying and looks unnatural. I was wondering if maybe there's a setting I should be messing with that may change this? If not I'm going to return it and just get an Acer, since they're a more well known company than HNC, even though the monitor in question is the same price and will be 2 inches shorter.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Make sure the refresh rate stated in the manual (the optimum value...) is the same as what it's configured to in windows/on the monitor.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Not sure how to change the configuration of the monitor itself, but it says on the info tab on the screen

H: 66.7KHz V: 60.0HZ
    1929 x 1080

How would I check in windows if these matched up?

Also, it says DDC/CI ON no clue what that is and whether it needs to be on or off.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

k it says recommended res is 1920x1080, which it is, and that recommended is 60hz, which it is. (was by default)

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

kk problem solved. Was the VGA hook up. Cleared right up when I bought an HDMI cable. Now to order the cheap one off newegg and retrurn this 20 dollar target one when the new one gets here.