+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Saints Row: The Third | The Full Package (NSW) | Remastered (PC/PS4/XB1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku
    Saints Row is the video game series many of us think of, with good reason, as the premiere Grand Theft Auto imitator. In theory, we won't think of the next Saints Row that way.

"All I can tell you is that [pause] it's all good," Danny Bilson the head of "core" games at Saints Row publisher THQ told Kotaku today in New York when we pressed him for details on Saints Row 3.

But that wasn't all he could tell us, because we wanted to know if Saints Row should still be thought of as a wild Grand Theft Auto.

"In my mind its incredibly outrageous and will have less and less relationship with Grand Theft Auto."

Details? Not yet, not from Bilson. "A secret weapon isn't a secret weapon if I blow the secret," he said. THQ has publicly promised Saints Row 3 for the fall, but we haven't seen it yet.
    Sauce

Fucking Finally, I can't fucking wait for this game, it only seems to get better everytime, I love this game soo much more than GTA, I love how it doesn't take itself too seriously and has extremely more fun missions and side quest

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

[link deleted]

Two weeks late on this but whatever. SR3, fuck yeah.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ostPageIndex=1

April Cover Revealed – Saints Row: The Third
    http://i51.tinypic.com/jhqzhh.jpg
    While the original Saints Row felt familiar to fans of the open-world crime genre, its sequel separated itself from the pack with almost cartoonish over-the-top action. Whether you were chainsawing elderly people in half or spraying a pool party down with a poop truck, the franchise was clearly heading in its own direction. Saints Row: The Third takes things a step forward as the most insane installment yet, and it's our April cover.

The cover above will be going out to our subscribers, while the cover below will be available on newsstands.

http://i56.tinypic.com/s5joqu.jpg

We'll have ten pages of information about Saints Row: The Third, including all the details on the new city and the shady Syndicate crime ring that controls it. This issue also includes a feature on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the ambitious RPG developed by Big Huge Games and Curt Schilling's 38 Studios. Being our April issue, you can also look forward to our annual parody of the industry in Game Infarcer.

Check out page 2 for the official THQ press release regarding Saints Row: The Third, and keep an eye on our upcoming hub all month long for more coverage.

Official THQ press release:

STRAP IT ON THIS HOLIDAY WITH SAINTS ROW®: THE THIRD

THQ and Volition Inc. Take Open-World Action Over the Top and Then Some in Next Installment of Vaunted Franchise.

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. – March 3, 2011 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and Volition, Inc. today announced the upcoming release of Saints Row: The Third, the highly-anticipated next installment in the multi-million unit selling Saints Row franchise.

Developed by Volition, Inc., Saints Row: The Third is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC this holiday season.

“Saints Row: The Third puts you on top of the world, right at the beginning of the game, with all the perks that go along with being the head of an elite criminal organization,” said Danny Bilson, THQ Executive Vice President, Core Games. “There’s no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm.”

The first details of Saints Row: The Third will be revealed in the exclusive cover story in Game Informer’s April issue, shipping to subscribers in early March 2011.

About Saints Row: The Third

Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to a new city, playing out the most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen. Strap it on.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I came

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Top cover reminded me of...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...row-3-details/

New Saints Row 3 details
    According to the publisher's 'sell sheet', the third game will have players, among other things, fighting off a highly-trained military force using just a sex toy. There's some box art here too.

Here's the blurb:

"Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you.

"The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to Steelport, a once-proud metropolis reduced to a struggling city of sin under Syndicate control.

"Take a tank skydiving, call in a satellite-targeted airstrike on a Mexican wrestling gang, and defend yourself against a highly-trained military force using only a sex toy in the most out- landish gameplay scenarios ever seen, igniting a city-wide war that will set Steelport on fire. Strap it on."

Good stuff. THQ has been talking up the Saint's Row sequel for some months, promising a game as visually rich as GTA IV, but one that clearly differentiates itself, and that is 'outrageous' and 'over the top'.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

just started SR2, fatass mofo loosely based on me. Step 1: Get Money. Step 2: Acquire Pimp Suit. Now what?

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Kill niggas

also HOLY FUCK, ITS LIKE IM PLAYING COD4, INCOMING AIRSTRIKES, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSs

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

* Saints Row 3 starts with a bungled heist that sees the majority of the gang jailed. This raises the ire of a new gang, the Syndicate, which holds you and your closest allies prisoner on a jet. The gang wants to squeeze a percentage of the Saints' monthly profits, which of course leads to a fight and causes your character to jump out of the jet. That's how the Saints roll.
    * Johnny Gat and Shaundi, two of your major allies from Saints Row 2, will be returning as accomplices.
    * Weapons can now be upgraded. For example, you can fit sniper scopes and under-barrel grenade launchers to the assault rifle.
    * Another character is Oleg, an eight-foot-tall monster of a man that can toss cars around. The Syndicate attempts to clone him, but science goes wrong and creates a bunch of dumb copies. These will show up as new enemy types in the game.
    * A new RC gun lets you shoot an electronic bug that can control vehicles remotely. You will be able to upgrade it to control tanks and air transport.
    * Three new gangs: Morning Star, which model themselves after masked wrestlers. The Deckers, computer nerds into money laundering and security. STAG, a government-sanctioned group designed to destroy other gangs.
    * Missions can be completed in multiple ways. For instance, you could blow up an important skyscraper, or take the building over. Another example if stealing a Morning Star boat full of prostitutes -- you can sell the boat back to the gang, or keep it and pimp the girls yourself for profit.
    * A traditional leveling system has been included this time. Your Respect gauge now works like experience points. You'll rank up with increased respect, and kit out your character with new perks and weapons. Player choice will be paramount. You'll also earn points to make yourself skinnier or fatter, similar to GTA: San Andreas.
    * Cars can be upgraded with more features this time. Various aesthetic and performance tweaks will be offered, such as durable bumpers, extra speed, oversized spoilers and colored underglows. More costume options for the player character are, of course, available. Confirmed costumes include space suits, cowboys/cowgirls, cheerleaders, mexican wrestlers, superheroes, pirates, ninjas, and furries.
    * New weapons include a giant dildo and tactical airstrikes. That is the most extreme spectrum I've seen.
    * Every single weapon has included a specific animation for nut shots. With a pistol, you'll drop to a knee and whip the gun into the fruits. With a bazooka, you'll take a full golf swing at the tender portions.
    * The button for sprinting has been dubbed the AWESOME button because, in contextual situations, it will make your character do cool things. For example, if you sprint to a car, you'll do a missile dropkick through the window to hijack cars more efficiently.
    * Confirmed Activity side-missions include: Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax, a Japanese game show full of dangerous stunts and, I'm sure, plenty of charming racism. Tank Mayhem, in which you use a tank to destroy specific high value targets. Guardian Angel, where you must drive carefully around town with a tiger in the back of your car.
    * As earlier stated, online multiplayer has been killed off, but the co-op remains intact.

As long as the Co-op online is there I don't care, and holy fuck this game is going to be godly

http://www.destructoid.com/saints-ro...r-195936.phtml

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

MY BODY CANNOT BE MORE READY

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I vote every game needs a button called the 'awesome' button.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

* Every single weapon has included a specific animation for nut shots.
    http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2...3746431428.jpg

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

GOTY ALL YEARS

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

is anyone dissapointed about not being able to have "Dildo Deathmatch" night online? i know SR2 multiplayer was terribad but the lulz from such a battle would be so worth it.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just do it in the co-op, is it 4 player co-op? is so then FUCK yes

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    Just do it in the co-op, is it 4 player co-op? is so then FUCK yes

guess we gotta wait and see if friendly fire is in. many lulz from killing baddies but killing your friends? that would be priceless

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm sure there will be extensive options since they are taking out Mulit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast