Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

question

I just got to 50 cooking, I have 5mil G, cant decide whether to max cooking, with money left over of course...or go for something else maybe more profitable at high level?

Reading some of your posts, 100M 99-100 clothcraft?! holy shit is all I can say...

Do I have any chance at any other craft? at the moment it seems that 5mil wont get me very far in anything except cooking -_-)

Also another question: Friend of mine told me an easy way to make money is getting leather/smithing to 60, and desynthing leather belts from the Guild vendor. Said he can make a shitload of money very easily just desynthing those, and selling the iron ingots. Does this work? and can I get 60leather/60smith with the money I have

THANKS!!

No such thing as easy money. Desynthing is a good way to go insane.

I didnt mean it like that...and im more than willing to sit there and desynth for hours..if it gets me a good amount of money...I didnt exactly want you to tell me if it would drive me insane..I want to know if I can make good money with it, reguardless

why is it that some people are making money 60-100, and others are losing millions upon millions? is it farming your own mats or what

If you just want money, take leathercraft to 14 and desynth belts. It's no better than farming and WILL drive you batty.

And, I don't know who you're talking about that makes money 60-100, it costs money for those levels even in cooking.

hehehe making 24 cursed masks also makes u go funny XD

with cooking 100 will I be able to support my blm? HQ staves, HQ rings, etc? elem torque etc etc...or?

also would/is that something people do? max out cookiing, build up cash, and then just take a diff craft to 100 (of course takes cooking back to 60, but u get it.)?

You can actually make money while leveling cooking from 60-100 if you're patient enough to wait for stuff to sell on the AH, at least that's how it was when I played, I don't know the situation now.

not what I was asking but ok.

also: seems to me cooks dont make much money...my friend had 100 cooking and he always had HQ staves HQ rings etc...but now I look at what high level cooks make, like sole sushi, and they make very small profit from it. Maybe you can just sell a lot and make a lot? I dont know very much since im only cooking 50, and havent looked into it, but I kind of wonder these things so I donr waste time/money getting cooking to 100

Well, the difference with cooking and other crafts is that you make less profit, but you sell more items since food is always being consumed. If someone buys a piece of equipment, that's it, they have it, they won't be buying a second one.

yeh but if the sushi sells for 35k, and it was 30k to make...I guess I dont see that as a good amount of money...although I guess if u just make like 20 stacks, get some +1's too, fairly good money? I have no clue.

For sushi do cooks just buy a bunch of mats, and make a shit load of sushi, for small profit each stack, but a lot together? the +1 is bound to be good money too

I couldn't tell ya since I don't play anymore, but from my experience when I was making food to make money, the NQs were small profit, but HQs really pulled in a good amount, I enjoyed cooking which is why I leveled it, go with what you like I say.

cant go with what I like, prices limit me. I have only 5Mil, and I dont think I can do much other than cook with that small amount >.>

[]

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am able to support myself quite well with cooking, but it requires a lot of time, effort, and patience to be a master chef. Markets fluctuate wildly sometimes; you have to pay attention to what other cooks are making if you want to turn a profit. Markets are easily oversaturated when people jump on a bandwagon, (sole sushi for example) so you have to know when to start looking for another good synth.

But if you are looking for easy money, then I do not suggest cooking. It is very frustrating when a hundred people try to cram into a niche market and utterly ruin it, and that happens very frequently with cooking.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So would you say it's a cut-throat business?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    So would you say it's a cut-throat business?
    Well, that is the blunt way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Well, the difference with cooking and other crafts is that you make less profit, but you sell more items since food is always being consumed. If someone buys a piece of equipment, that's it, they have it, they won't be buying a second one.
    it may be slower, but its for sure.