+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

i need some input on this..

well Has anyone taken online collage classes before? im trying to Find out if its better or faster then the actuall Collage classes.

any input on this would be great.
    Thnx.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Out of curiosity, which subject? I hope it's English.

Before you go to college, learn how to spell it.

Online courses suck btw.

all i ask was for Input not for your smart remarks assholes.

I gave input, I just happened to be an asshole at the same time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Russta

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

don't do online courses, go for the real thing.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It's like comparing a 3some to jerking off with 3 hands, in theory you get the same after effect, but the journey on the way isnt the same.

DV's term paper title: "lmao"

DV I hate online classes just because you have to push yourself all on your own, also math and stuff can be complicated online because text isn't as versatile to type as is writing on paper.
    Also I see the computer as fun time, and doing schoolwork on my PC is tough for me because i'm distracted by FFXI sites and freaking BG forums!
    I concentrate better in my real school classes than my online classes.
    I remember you telling me on TS that you were considering it because it was an accelerated course. They have those in real classes i'm sure, just gotta find them ;-;

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Relic Shield
    BG Level

or french: le pwnt

Dv online class' are good if you have a strong understanding of the material and don't think you will need someone there to answer a question right away. I took a few online class' while I was on deployment (basic electives math, english, intro to psychology) Phoenix university was nice because I would recieve CD's via mail that had my course work and lectures on them. Only problem I had was when I had a question I had to email the instructor. Then wait for his reply in turn grinding my work to a halt. As others said though, if you have the time and $ going to class is the best. Nothing will replace the real time interaction with a teacher. Got a question, raise your hand. Online you got a question wait for an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbelina
    you have to push yourself all on your own
    welcome to college.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

All DV wanted to know is if college courses were good or not. Dont be a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Isn't it also a little funny when people try and attack a persons real life without knowing anything about them at all? You can't be that perfect, if you're also posting on the forums.
    Don't make fun of DV if you dont know about his personal life.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by ciechi
    All DV wanted to know is if college courses were good or not. Dont be a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Isn't it also a little funny when people try and attack a persons real life without knowing anything about them at all? You can't be that perfect, if you're also posting on the forums.
    Don't make fun of DV if you dont know about his personal life.
    How does that even apply here? No one's making a hypocritical, sweeping statement about DV's personal life that we know nothing about but mocking the horrendous English skill he chooses to display in every post he makes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ok, then if were not going to make fun of clarie for her english skills, we dont have to make fun of DV's either.

its in the other post called GG BG GG

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumbelina
    you have to push yourself all on your own
    welcome to college.
    ehh.. I'm used to it, I was homeschooled up until 10th grade, then started gonig to college in 11th grade for dual enrollment. It was mostly just me doing my own work, none of my friends could really help me because we were never doing the same work. The only help I really had was my mom, but she can only help so much, one of those types of moms that makes me learn on my own and doesn't baby me

Endo is right about online classes, you do need to know basic knowledge about them most of the time.

You should know what classes you are taking and know alot about the subject before you can really say your prepared for online classes. I belive that you should goto the college instead because as a few other stated you don't get your awnser right away also you have to push yourself. There is no one watching you making sure you don't go on FFXI or browse forums such as these. In a class you still have to push yourself but you don't have the distraction of a computer/video game console sitting in front of you that you can just turn on and play. Thats my input and its from experience as well. I couldn't do home schooling because I had all of this technology in front of me.

DV remember that sentence about your grandma and beans?

SAY IT AND PROVE THEM WRONG