1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 55 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 262 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'll start it off right. [link deleted]

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Just hit physical surplus a little bit into lvl23 if anybody cares.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So it -IS- possible to hit physical surplus. I assume that's SE's way of saying: "look, son. You're playing too much. Go outside."

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

I might go outside tomorrow, weather permitting.

tol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    So it -IS- possible to hit physical surplus. I assume that's SE's way of saying: "look, son. You're playing too much. Go outside."
    Well there may be some merit to it anyhow. Even the haijins need a healthy break @.@

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I'll start it off right. IGN preview: http://pc.ign.com/articles/112/1123322p1.html
    Wow not bad... They might get a decent review from them. ;o

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

For those of you at like 15+ are you still using the starting weapon or did you find an upgrade somewhere?

I am 7 pug/10phy and was looking to craft my own weapon but I need like a combination of like 30 craft levels+ to make it and I haven't found anyone selling them so whats did you guys do?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Vendor sells a level 10 and 26 axe bought'd those.

E. Body
    BG Level

just failed the bone harpoon head, lost my oh so rare Fish Glue. FUCK

I think I'm just gonna level multiple classes and crafts to 10 until more stuff comes out

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I didn't want to start a new thread in Tech, so I figured I could just ask it here.

Anyone else having issues with doors opening? Specifically the Ul'dah ones around the adventurer's guild. Sometimes there's a 20 second delay after my character approaches them before they open. Usually I can just wait until someone else walks by and that causes them to open, but sometimes their character just goes through the door and I'm still stuck behind.

The doors actually stay closed, it's not just the graphics (I can't go through them).

Not sure if it's a problem on my end or theirs, because I had a couple instances of missing textures in Ul'dah at some point too.

Never had any of these things happen in the betas, if it matters.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Couple questions: Did they add/change any pieces of gear so that they now favor Lancer (specifically body) our are they still stuck wearing their starting body piece to level 20 because its the only piece that benefits them defensively? Also, is there stuff to do? By this I mean, in beta I didn't have the motivation to even log on much because for one, data was going to be wiped anyway, but two, all there was to do was either grind or do leves of some sort. Did they add like side quests or missions or something besides the main quest you get every 10 levels? I know I started FFXI after it had been out a few years and I don't know exactly what it was like day one, but is there any sense of purpose in the retail as of yet? Hopefully you understand what I'm getting at lol

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Anyone figure out how to hire an additional retainer?

How does offering gil for an item in my bazaar work? If I pick three of something for 500 gil, am I wanting three for 500 or three for 1500? Is there any way to look for more than what I already have of something (i.e. I have one but want to offer gil for up to 30)?

They really need to implement a search or category system for this feature, so you can set yourself to buying things you don't already have.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Where are you guys leveling at? My leveling speed is terrible.. Been soloing Dodos by Camp Skull Valley and they give around 500~ physical exp a pop as a rank 12 Gladiator.
    My char info: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=2043247

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Quote Originally Posted by FireCrystal View Post
    Where are you guys leveling at? My leveling speed is terrible.. Been soloing Dodos by Camp Skull Valley and they give around 500~ physical exp a pop as a rank 12 Gladiator.
    My char info: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=2043247
    physical xp is unimportant. are you getting decent class xp?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SephYuyX:

In regards to your question about redoing a D/Ced Leve, this is what happened when I D/Ced during the tutorial leve. I tried activating it at the Aetherite immediately, but was told I had no leves. So I went back to the Leve issuer, and tried to retake the leve quest, but noticed the reward was much worse than what I had. (69 gil vs. 1000 gil) I exited out, checked my journal, and the leve was showing up as though I hadn't done it yet. I then proceeded back to the Aetherite and did the leve getting my original reward of 1,000 gil.

I would assume you need to simply talk to the leve issuer to have it added back to your log. Any EXP/Class Skill is rolled back to what it was before you did the leve though (Or possibly just subtracted from your current total, I could not confirm since I did it immediately.) Also, this was with the Tutorial Leve you receive during the first mission. If this method does not work for you, then it may just be specific to that first leve.

On another note, has any one confirmed approximate class level where Surplus kicks in? I see Physical is 23.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    On another note, has any one confirmed approximate class level where Surplus kicks in? I see Physical is 23.
    It's been reported by a number of people that it's been kicking in at around Rank ~17.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks! My gladiator is level 16 and I told myself I wouldn't change jobs until I hit Surplus. I mean, Gladiator's fun and all, but it gets grating when it's the only job you're playing. Just gotta make it a little further...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I am also at a standstill with class skill. As someone stated physical is less important (besides I gain exp fine its skill that I am having issues with)
    I am Conj rank 11 and I went to Camp Emerald Moss to do some leves. I joined a big party of 5-7 people and did some leves with them. The skill gains was horrible we did about 4 leves and while I did get good skillups (about 100-200 a skillup) I got them far to infrequently, This of course was due to my party killing the mobs too quickly.

Now after my party I wanted to save a couple leves for me to solo with, assuming I would get tons more class skill as solo. This was not the case. I did 3 leves solo and got maybe... 1k skill total. I did the leves at a 2 star rating, they were challenging enough, I even died when the mole poped 4 other moles and they all gang raped me. But all in all the leves werent extremly difficult. But they were also challenging enough.

My point is, solo grinding sucks, leves for me suck, leves in a group sucks. What the hell am I suppose to do? The fact that people got to rank 15+ is astonishing. I MUST be doing something wrong because I dont get it. I dont get skill from anything.

How do you all level up?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 262 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast