+ Reply to Thread
    Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Halp with wireless card for FFXI

Ok, I did use the search function, and about the only thing close I came up with is the wireless router topic. I'm going to be getting a wireless card for my tower, and going to be playing FFXI there. Main point is this: Anyone here play , can tell me If it lags alot maybe? Yeah I know, stupid question, but hey, I know alot of people here are more intellegent with wireless than I am >_>

P.S. pros and cons, If there is any difference?

Thanks BG!

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There will always be a little difference btwn wired and w/less, but you shouldnt notice anything while playing FFXI.

I use to play on my 5y/o laptop with a router and card not totaling over 80$ and I didnt notice a thing.

As long as you get some sort of newer wireless stuff, like within a year or so, you really wont notice a thing.

Then again, theres also local factors. Do you have neighbors that use wireless, do you have a lot of cordless phones, will there be other people accessing your router, etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Besure the compatibility between the card and router. I had a hard time to connect through wireless when the time i use d-link wireless card connect to my new motorola wireless router. But now my router is the d-link gaming router thought

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've been playing on wireless since I started playing on FFXI.

Only time's I've had problems with it is sometimes in hectic zones, dynamis being the biggest one, but that might be the fact that my computer is a POS because I never really run into the same problems when playing on XBox360 or PS2

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Thanks for the responses guys GF will be using the modem which is a 2-wire for wireless. As far as I know, there are wireless signals in range but are either locked or one bar for shitty service. No cordless phones. Well thanks again guys for the help. Admins, you can lock the thread now If you so choose