Closed Thread
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Level 80 Compiled Job Data/Research Thread

I think BG should have 1 centralized location for all data pertaining to what the game will be at level 80 with all the possible subjobs included. We should include data such as math/research pertaining to all the new (weapon/magic/etc)skill caps, and new opportunities that come from them, also discuss how some things may be sub-par by then.

We should also include discussion on new or previously unknown data that comes about from new combinations or other discoveries.

Data here should be based on facts obtained by being 80 or something otherwise unrefutable, and not just "speculation."

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I think BG should have 1 centralized location for all data pertaining to what the game will be at level 80 with all the possible subjobs included. We should include data such as math/research pertaining to all the new (weapon/magic/etc)skill caps, and new opportunities that come from them, also discuss how some things may be sub-par by then.

We should also include discussion on new or previously unknown data that comes about from new combinations or other discoveries.

Data here should be based on facts obtained by being 80 or something otherwise unrefutable, and not just "speculation."
    Good idea but you are up to edit first post when new data will be found?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Absolutely!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

<TEMPLATE>

Dancer Findings:

Presto: Dancer lv 77? Increases potency of next step and gives +1 finish.
    Quickstep Bonus:
    Box Step Bonus:
    Stutter Step Bonus:

Climactic Floursh Lv 80? Allows you to deal critical hits (Cause dancer can't critical hit ever yo, would someone be willing to see if other translations other than the lolenglish one shed some light on this?)
    Critical Hit Rate Bonus:

Dancer can now use Curing Waltz on people other than Party members. I'll update post if that means alliance members or even random strangers running by.

Dual Wield Trait: Dancer gets Dual Wield I at lv 20, and it seems a few more after that. I'll post up to what rank we get them and abuse level synch to find what levels.

Using Reverse Flourish subbed was not mentioned in the update notes but we'll need to see if that has been changed as well. Personally I hope they don't change that as it is already costs 50 tp to hit 5/5 finishes when subbing dancer, so lowering the 60 return on the tp would make it semi pointless other than at least breaking even on tp for steps.

Job Traits:
    20: Dual Wield I
    45: Skill Chain Bonus: increases skillchain damage by ??% (Easy enough to test, gogo wild Flourish!)
    77: Tactical Parry: Grants tp for parrying. My guess is as much as for one hit with your main weapon.
    77: Conserve TP: Occasionally reduces the TP cost of a weaponskill to 80%ish, unknown proc rate but I'll try and get us a ball park figure asap)
    80: Crit Attack Bonus: Increases damage of critical hits, unknown %
    </TEMPLATE>

I'll try and keep this as updated as I can, feel free to copy others who will be helping keep us updated on other jobs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Climactic Floursh Lv 80? Allows you to deal critical hits (Cause dancer can't critical hit ever yo, would someone be willing to see if other translations other than the lolenglish one shed some light on this?)
    Its probably forcing crit BUT othwerwise its not THAT stupid. It can simply allow WS that cant crit like Dancing edge to crit with this abi up ( and maybe more finishing moves more crit rate) its still speculating tho.

EDIT: "77: Tactical Parry: Grants tp for parrying. My guess is as much as for one hit with your main weapon. -" imo more like shield mastery 3tp per parry tho also speculating sorry i couldnt resist.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Im fairly certain climatic flourish will simply turn next weaponskill into a critting one like dancing edge, however the translation simple says it allows you to critical hit. thus why I was asking if anyone could look at an alt translation, generally the french one is more literal, to see if it actually says something about weaponskills.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Im fairly certain climatic flourish will simply turn next weaponskill into a critting one like dancing edge, however the translation simple says it allows you to critical hit. thus why I was asking if anyone could look at an alt translation, generally the french one is more literal, to see if it actually says something about weaponskills.
    A similar argument has been exhausted about Perfect Counter and whether "allowing you to counter next attack" means guaranteed or not. I think such a high-level job ability would have to mean guaranteed to even be worth anything.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We'll just have to wait and see :D

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Anyways, let's speculate about DNC abilities

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My testing shows that this thread is premature.

(And it sucks)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

French text says it increases critical hit rate.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by tonystigma View Post
    My testing shows that this thread is premature.

(And it sucks)

this ^ seriously, why are people posting stuff like DNC crap from the update, we have a thread to discuss update notes, it's in the update notes thead.

wait until .dats found//people online after the update

also: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94833

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not to mention that 90 page threads are incredibly hard to search through. Search function or not, it's poor. Multiple threads pertaining to different sections would be more appropriate in my opinion.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

if you ask me, it looks like someone just wanted their name on an important thread. but no one asked me.
    gogo hater

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Urat is here; the thread is already doomed.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let the patch come before everyone starts making posts (and fills them with random crap).