Closed Thread
Page 43 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.
    The dam at their nest can be blown up by 2 large barrel bombs and a small barrel bomb to trigger it.
    You simply wait for him to land, drop the small barrel bomb and run off to the side so you don't get swept away by the water too. Once he's been taken down by the landslide you can follow him after the water subsides and do even more damage 'cause he's downed. I go after his tail.

It's fool proof.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    The dam at their nest can be blown up by 2 large barrel bombs and a small barrel bomb to trigger it.
    You simply wait for him to land, drop the small barrel bomb and run off to the side so you don't get swept away by the water too. Once he's been taken down by the landslide you can follow him after the water subsides and do even more damage 'cause he's downed. I go after his tail.

It's fool proof.
    Oh I've never used the barrel bombs. I just blow it or lead them into attacking it. Bombs would help.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post

It's fool proof.
    I've always had Los trigger it on his own but when he does it he's usually airborne which prevents him from getting flooded away. I'll have to keep this in mind with LBBs. Thanks.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Outta left field here I wanna plug some recommendations for bowguns (both kinds) that are a little off the beaten path (c+p'd from reddit):

While a lot of people have recommended solid "meta" bowguns, I'd like to highlight some hidden gems.

Tzitzi HBG: If you wanna be a "support" HBG, this is the one to pick in my opinion. Loads a lot of Sleep1/2 ammo, can use Para2 in a pinch, loads the most Recovery ammo of all HBGs, and you can use Elementless with it (one of only 5 HBGs that can do so). Limited to Normal2 as your primary ammo, but that's not awful. Somewhat counter to my recommendation as "support", Tzitzi cannot use Demon or Armor ammo.

Jagras HBG: In the process of looking for an alternative to Nergi for Spread ammo, I took notice of Jagras. While you do not get Spread3 like Nergi, you get twice as much Spread2 and Elementless. Notably this is the only HBG that can't use Wyvern ammo (as an aside, Teostra is the only one that has 2 Wyvern capacity).

Pukei HBG: This is basically a worse Legiana (same Piercing capacities but doesn't use Piercing 3), but gets Wyvernsnipe instead of Wyvernheart. If you want to embrace your inner sniper or just use "budget Legiana". Other pros include an extra deco slot (level 2) and 2 more augments than Legiana on account of being Rarity 6.

Tobi LBG: While this is already notable as a great Thunder ammo dispenser, it's also worth nothing that in the process of using Recoil mods for your Thunder ammo, you will also be able to shoot Recover ammo while moving. Tobi also unloads Poison2 fairly well, making this a doubly good weapon for fighting Kushala. Also (again, on account of the recoil mods) functions as the probably best Piercing LBG, able to use Piercing2 on the move. Finally, it's also fairly nice capacity for Para1/2 ammo. This is definitely more than "just" a Thunder LBG.

Lavasioth LBG: Like Tobi, this is notable as a good elemental bowgun (Fire in this case) with a couple other cool niches. It is one of 3 LBGs (including Vaal and Dragonbone) that can (potentially) shoot Dragon Ammo while moving, loads a decent amount of Sleep1 as many LBGs do, and has a nice 2 level2 deco slots to work with. Normal2 as "basic" ammo of choice.

Honorable side mention to Rathalos as the other Fire LBG that boasts higher attack and 20 affinity.

Jyura LBG: Same as the last 2, it's more than just its element. Best LBG for Sleep application and can also make use of Poison and Para. Has the same "shoot Recover Ammo while moving" thing as Tobi above. Can use Spread2 as your "basic" ammo, and can also use Demon ammo.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Outta left field here I wanna plug some recommendations for bowguns (both kinds) that are a little off the beaten path (c+p'd from reddit):

While a lot of people have recommended solid "meta" bowguns, I'd like to highlight some hidden gems.

Tzitzi HBG: If you wanna be a "support" HBG, this is the one to pick in my opinion. Loads a lot of Sleep1/2 ammo, can use Para2 in a pinch, loads the most Recovery ammo of all HBGs, and you can use Elementless with it (one of only 5 HBGs that can do so). Limited to Normal2 as your primary ammo, but that's not awful. Somewhat counter to my recommendation as "support", Tzitzi cannot use Demon or Armor ammo.

Jagras HBG: In the process of looking for an alternative to Nergi for Spread ammo, I took notice of Jagras. While you do not get Spread3 like Nergi, you get twice as much Spread2 and Elementless. Notably this is the only HBG that can't use Wyvern ammo (as an aside, Teostra is the only one that has 2 Wyvern capacity).

Pukei HBG: This is basically a worse Legiana (same Piercing capacities but doesn't use Piercing 3), but gets Wyvernsnipe instead of Wyvernheart. If you want to embrace your inner sniper or just use "budget Legiana". Other pros include an extra deco slot (level 2) and 2 more augments than Legiana on account of being Rarity 6.

Tobi LBG: While this is already notable as a great Thunder ammo dispenser, it's also worth nothing that in the process of using Recoil mods for your Thunder ammo, you will also be able to shoot Recover ammo while moving. Tobi also unloads Poison2 fairly well, making this a doubly good weapon for fighting Kushala. Also (again, on account of the recoil mods) functions as the probably best Piercing LBG, able to use Piercing2 on the move. Finally, it's also fairly nice capacity for Para1/2 ammo. This is definitely more than "just" a Thunder LBG.

Lavasioth LBG: Like Tobi, this is notable as a good elemental bowgun (Fire in this case) with a couple other cool niches. It is one of 3 LBGs (including Vaal and Dragonbone) that can (potentially) shoot Dragon Ammo while moving, loads a decent amount of Sleep1 as many LBGs do, and has a nice 2 level2 deco slots to work with. Normal2 as "basic" ammo of choice.

Honorable side mention to Rathalos as the other Fire LBG that boasts higher attack and 20 affinity.

Jyura LBG: Same as the last 2, it's more than just its element. Best LBG for Sleep application and can also make use of Poison and Para. Has the same "shoot Recover Ammo while moving" thing as Tobi above. Can use Spread2 as your "basic" ammo, and can also use Demon ammo.
    Thanks for this. I've been trying to figure out a decent LBG build but haven't really put too much thought into it. Just been rocking Nerg LBG with mixed Zeno set because I had so many materials for it.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Any tips on how to master wall jump or mounting as a bow user?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Meh, .42% chance each to get a Spread or Pierce shot Gem, From a Warped Feystone, or .17% chance from a Worn Feystone.... While I'd really like to get those gems into my Tempered Elder sets, they just may never actually drop.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Nevermind, figured it out

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Half humble brag, half cracking myself up and knowing this is the correct crowd lol: https://twitter.com/Celeras/status/973547331147698176

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

MH:W x DMC HD
    We’ve got a pretty awesome surprise for our Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter fans.

You’ll get to fight hellish foes in Monster Hunter: World to earn this devious combination of the Force Edge and Alastor. In Monster Hunter, that weapon falls in the Charge Blade category, and typically features a hefty shield that, when combined with its matching sword, can turn into a massive axe.

As you can see, we’re putting a bit of a DMC twist to the formula and leaving the shield out of the picture altogether (you’ll still be able to guard though) and instead of a sword turning into an axe, you’ll get a Force Edge that turns into a massive Alastor. I, for one, cannot wait to wield one of these and slash a Deviljho in the face... to see if it cries.

I'm into it.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

shot my first SOS flare because im lazy and wanted other people to kill my bagelgeese for me

a bunch of moon runes showed up and took turns dying for 10 minutes

so i did it myself instead and captured them both, hr 46 wee

I never use flares for my tempered investigations, chances are the people with you will just wipe and waste your time. Hilarious seeing a quest fail due to a single supernova.

The quests are w/e since you can just redo it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I SOS into others' investigations and save my own for friends or solo. The former has plenty of fun hijinks.

Also I don't see it mentioned much of anywhere but Wyvern Ammo's bigger hit can be boosted by sleep bonus if you don't hit with the blast from quite head on. Hits harder than a mega bomb so worth noting if you don't have anyone else for a better alarm clock attack.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Half humble brag, half cracking myself up and knowing this is the correct crowd lol: https://twitter.com/Celeras/status/973547331147698176
    God damn yeah. Anyone who complains who the grind or RNG to me just makes me laugh. Like, bruh, I did Kings for fuck knows how many years.

Also, yeah, totally just join others SOS flares and save mine for people I like.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Deco RNG is still a major pain in the dick in this game, but unlike previous games (Charm tables, oy) it's usually not something preventing you from using a weapon or build, just from usually a fully optimized setup.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I'm about 10 hours in and I still find myself missing previous games on PSP/vita. Hopefully it gets better before I give up on it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BG Level

So I guess all the missions and shit you do gets stored 'cause I just finished the story and jumped from HR15 to HR29 lol

BG Level

Also, why do the Rathalos/Legiana/Odogaron (and probably Diablos) armor pieces seem to have the highest defense in the game when fully upgraded? Unless Xeno gear can be upgraded, which I can't make anything of yet

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Everything ends up really close together at the end of the game and will be focused more on the abilities they provide than the defense rating. I use butterfly in one of my builds. But yeah, everything will be getting more upgrades.

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast