1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle Wardens     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Battle Wardens

A Fact many people peolly don´t know:

Battlewardens pop at camps every FULL HOUR real life time. So you can usually kind of schedule them into your leve runs for fun.

We managed to clear a Level 10 Battlewarden yesterday in Camp Emerald Moss. It was coupled with a whole lot of death. Slugs were doing around 700 damage AOEs to around Level 15 people whiping out a lot of mages. As Boss we had 2 of those strange looking "Raindeer" things. They were conning deep red but we managed to kill them. I expected more reward as we only got around 1000 Gils.... around same as the Level 1 Camp ones. In the Beta I had the Battlecrab Boss with that warden - anyone seen that Boss in the full Version yet?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Bearded Rock's boss was a trio of Jellyfish... that's all I know~

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Did they whipe you or did you whipe the floor with them?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

In open beta I soloed the Skull Valley (R10 camp in Limsa Lominsa) behest while on R15ish Lancer. I had to zombie the boss, which was an ugly-ass kobold.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Did they whipe you or did you whipe the floor with them?
    They were a joke, not significantly more difficult than any of the other targets... they were in a 'group' of three, so I guess that's a tiny bit more difficulty.

seems to autoscale based on number of people in party
    I soloed drybone at lv10 archer, but we failed emerald moss with a party of 8

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

had the giant crab boss at the camp emerald moss for boss, people kept training and resetting him though so no one cleared

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Emerald Moss had 2 Crab Bosses when a lot of people where around now. Fun stuff to do. Also one run we had 7 Slugs to kill which AOEd a whole lot of people. Slug AOEs are brutal. Hit lower players for like 700 with add effect silence.

Started to experiment on the 3rd tier of the Battlewardens. Did it in Camp Horizon. Popped Elementals and Gnats. Raped me solo but with a party of 3 the enemies were strangly really weak. The nice part was we all got 4k Physical Exp from just a few minutes. End Reward 3k Gil around.

What type of rewards do they give afterwards? I did one of them and she said to come back to the spot I saw her at camp to get the reward. I went back waited 15 minutes figured wouldn't spawn for a while and left.

Also is the reward still collectable after X amount of time has passed?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The rewards are money, and a shitton of EXP depending on how many people are participating. I've done some with a full alliance/party/whatever, and the target #s inflated to like x40 of certain things. Non-JP people need to realize how awesome they are and start doing them en-masse.. anytime I get a huge group at the Warden, I always have to よろしく~

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    What type of rewards do they give afterwards? I did one of them and she said to come back to the spot I saw her at camp to get the reward. I went back waited 15 minutes figured wouldn't spawn for a while and left.

She probably told you to go to the site of the final battle... I have never had a warden said to come back to camp... After about 10-15 minutes they despawn from the final battle site, and respawns in camp on the hour.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post

all you get from the warden is a pittance of gil. like, a lv.20 behest with about 10 people got me 4k, iirc.

Did the Emerald Moss with 4 ppl, the slug wiped us, but the boss crab was rather easy, it killed the THM that just had like 300 HP and 800 MP or so. Finished with around 18-20 min left in the clock and got about 2k gil reward.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I didn't notice this before, but battlewardens also pop at aetheric gates.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I completed the Cassiopeia Behest a couple times yesterday solo on 20CONJ. Rewards were pretty consistently ~3000 gil and I've never seen any gear rewards. Skill ups were pretty reasonable.