+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Granblue Fantasy (Android/iOS)

Has anyone been playing this game? Was surprised there wasn't a thread already (but, then again, no English version yet). It's a free-to-play (so filled with addicting microtransactions) turn-based RPG which came out in Japan in 2014.

Well, if you've been waiting, an English version option is finally coming out on the 11th!
    Spoiler: show

Supposedly some people have access to the English alpha currently (not me..), so if you wanted to dive in now, you could test your luck.

If you need some more info, here are some links:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granblue_Fantasy

Granblue Fantasy is a role-playing video game developed by Cygames for Android and iOS platforms, and released in Japan on March 10, 2014. The game is notable for reuniting two key staff from the development of Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy IX, music composer Nobuo Uematsu and character artist Hideo Minaba.
    http://kotaku.com/the-biggest-game-i...-of-1731575881

Granblue Fantasy is huge in Japan. Enormous. The game is a smash hit. It’s been downloaded over five million times, and there’s a newly announced anime. Yet, you’ve probably never heard of Granblue Fantasy. Maybe you have!

This free-to-play PC and mobile game has quite a pedigree. It has music from former Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu and art from former Square Enix art and graphics director Hideo Minaba. No wonder this game has airships.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

A lot of people on puzzle and dragons forum are rolling this right now due to the free 10 rolls per day event. I myself plan on doing so tonight. It's a bit of a hassle but if you're using the Chrome client there is a really good guide to the process (I can post it when I get to work). Then when the English version comes out I plan on switching that account over to my phone.

It definitely looks amazing and as a heavy mobile game player it's pretty much #1 on my list of JP games. Glad to hear the English language date is finally confirmed, and only a few weeks late - not bad.

For anyone interested now it the best time to roll rather than waiting because of the aforementioned event. The English language version is just an option you switch in the menu and runs on the same servers, so you can easily port your awesome new account over (after a few rerolls) when it's released. You'll miss out on the first few cut scenes unless you speak moon runes, but imo it's worth it for all the free rolls you get.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Remember that one time that guy spent $6k on this game for a 1% chance of getting a character?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...f-japan-gaming

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Hey, it's okay, it's 6% during these events!

Also, cutscenes are rewatchable, so you'll be okay (probably).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Been waiting for this but will the game get a actual western release? If not what kind of hoops do I need to jump through with my US account to play?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

This is the guide I used to start it up earlier this week:
    https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

I downloaded the .apk on my phone though instead of using Chrome (Blue Stacks refused to work for me..) and just used my main email since I figure that's a lot of chances at an SSR, so rerolling probably (hopefully) wouldn't be necessary. Got an SSR character too, so totally worth it! No idea what's going on, but ya know~

Was waiting for them to announce the English update since it was originally promised in March, but yeah, the ten million users event was to much to pass up.
    http://grancypher.com/2016/03/29/10-...sers-campaign/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's not getting a Global release, so if you're on Android, you'll still need to install through an APK. The Japanese version of the game is still going to be the only one that's available, they're just getting an English language option. One on hand, that's bad because new players will always be behind, but it's also great because we will get all the collabs, events, etc (unlike PaD or BF).

What I really like about this is that it's really a browser game, with a chrome and mobile app. That lets me play on the computer while doing random stuff or watching TV, and I don't need to have my phone or tablet in my hands. But I can also play on the mobile devices if I want and even swap devices mid-dungeon (neither PaD nor FFRK can do this).

Another nice feature of the game that your main character is like your generic FFT character, and can learn jobs, equip cross-job skills, even earn "merit points." So it gives you a lot of flexibility in building your teams, since he or she (you can swap the gender of the sprite at anytime) can easily fill any role that your team is missing. Tank, nuker, DPS, support, healer, etc.

Once in a while, you can buy a 10-roll + a selection ticket for around $30. The selection ticket lets you pick any SSR that is available at the time of the purchase, so it's a nice way to round out your teams without relying on RNG, at a fairly reasonable price, as far as gacha games go.

Anyway, I rerolled a few weeks ago to start out with Ferri, and getting pretty decent luck on the 10-per-day rolls going on now. I think there are still 3 or 4 free 10-rolls, so still a good time to start. It's really not that hard to get going, since all you need is to get past the tutorial.

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thr...tion-rerolling
    https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that a lot of the FF creators are involved in this game, and the art is very similar to that of FFT.

Here's a spreadsheet of most of the SSRs in the game right now, you can get an idea of what the art is like, as well as the kinds of skills that are in the game.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...li=1&sle=true#

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Goddamnit, another game to take my life away. I hate you, Serra.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

quick question for anyone who might know:

I started on Android. I never entered any sort of login info, and I did not link this game to my google account (as far as I know). I did start the game and got to the point where I could roll, got an SSR character I like (naruwirapuririri or some shit, he's the bird knight and apparently he's good). question is this: since I didn't link my google account yet, can I do that later? basically, am I going to run into problems later because I didn't actually create an account for granblue (as far as I can tell lol)?

basically what I'm saying is I don't know if I even have a Granblue account (or if that's even necessary), though obviously I've been playing the game and it's working. and I don't know if that's going to cause problems down the line.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

No idea.. I know I created a guest account (had to enter an email), but I haven't linked it to an account yet. I know there's a way to make your guest account not a guest, but I'm waiting till I can actually understand the menus.

Essentially, till the 11th, I'm just rolling for characters -- got Cerberus today~
    Spoiler: show

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

grats! I got Birdman and he sounds good plus he's handsome so I'll keep him. got shit today - two SRs - but that's ok. rerolling would be too much work anyway.

ok I think I made a guest account too (I must have if I'm playing) so as long as I can link it later I'm not worried. thank you for that tip. sounds like we're in the same exact boat; I'm not going to even bother with the game except for rolling until the English version comes out. because a) I don't know what I'm doing and b) I don't want to miss any further story bits.

also it needs to slow down at work so I can take a break and try this April Fool's insanity. I can't believe they did that lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yes, there's a way to link a guest account, I did it before, but I can't find the directions now. But just keep playing and you'll be fine later.

Here's a link to a JP site that rates all the characters (you can toggle the SSR/SR/R and elements to narrow your search):
    http://xn--bck3aza1a2if6kra4ee0hf.ga...cle/show/21069

And here's another google doc that broke down the tiers:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1487166578

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

awesome. you guys have assuaged my anxiety over getting a good account and having to restart lol. thanks

that tier list is neat... I guess Birdman scored 9.0 o.O I'll take it!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So I followed the https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling and did the ticket redem and they seemed to give me 2 x 10 pulls. Is that all until tomorrow, or is there another place to get the daily 10x rolls?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Finishing the tutorial normally gives you a free 10x (without SSRs). If you did two, then you must've used the daily one from the event as well. I think that one resets at 1PM PST (5AM JST).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

When I re-roll, I'm getting 2x 10 rolls each time; the first gives me 9 random things + an R chracter, and the other 10 can be anything. I've only seen one SSR summon, in 8 tries, but I did just get something that's an SSR monster of some type. Looks like the translated name is Cybele.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

the first 10x roll will always give you that 9 random + R, and can never give you anything better (is what I've been told - makes sense, since it's a tutorial roll). the second one is the roll where you can get SSRs. sucks for you though, that's some terrible luck SSRs are a 3% chance I think? maybe 6% if the rate is boosted right now. either way, odds are you should get more than one in 8 tries.

from what I hear SSR summons aren't nearly as useful as SSR characters. but you can pay $25ish to draw a character of your choice multiple times; once when you start (the only characters available are the ones when you made your account) and once every 3ish months or so (you can only choose from what is available at that time). you also get 10 rolls when you buy one of those tickets which is a nice bonus.

I'm thinking I'll use my Birdman and hope to get lucky with another couple wind SSR pulls, but if I don't I might just sink a little money into the game if I like it and complete my team that way. it looks great, I just can't tell if I actually like it because I have no idea what's going on... lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anyone know how to get past the Parameter Incorrect message? I can't salt anymore accounts, and there's not a lot of info out there on it.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

One of those starting guides has all the pictures not working, the other is blocked for a server overage. Any other good info out there?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think if you right-click, open image in new window, then that pics show up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag