1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Achievements     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Achievements

* This feature, planned for patch 1.20, is still in development, and therefore subject to change.
    Achievements will be introduced in patch 1.20.
    Achievements can be earned by fulfilling specific conditions. Certain achievements grant the player rewards such as titles and items.
    * Achievements, titles, and items will be added on an ongoing basis.
    * Achievements are separate from History, the latter of which will continue to exist.
    ≪Viewing Achievements≫
    The Achievements interface will be added to the main menu, and will provide information such as achievement conditions and progress.
    Similarly, the category Achievements will be added under History on the Lodestone, and will contain the same information.

≪Achievement Lists≫
    At first, only the names of achievement categories will be visible. Each category must be unlocked by speaking to the corresponding NPC, after which you will be able to view the details of individual achievements under that category.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../4e/2024_0.jpg

Unlocked

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../4e/2024_1.jpg

You will receive a notification when an achievement has been earned.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../4e/2024_2.jpg

≪Achievement Categories≫
    The following achievement categories will be introduced in patch 1.20.
    Battle
    Meritorious deeds related to combat such as defeating notorious monsters and primals.

Example:
    Defeat 100 enemies total.
    Defeat Ifrit in the Bowl of Embers (Hard).

Character
    Meritorious deeds related to character development such as class level.

Example:
    Achieve gladiator level 10.
    Achieve miner level 20.

Items
    Meritorious deeds related to items and gear.

Example:
    Obtain all pieces of gear belonging to a set. (E.g. a templar's chain coif, a templar's haubergeon, a pair of templar's sollerets, and a set of templar's tassets.)

Seasonal Events
    Meritorious deeds related to seasonal events.
    * Applies only to seasonal events held after the release of patch 1.20.

Dungeons
    Meritorious deeds related to dungeons.

Example:
    Defeat Antares in the Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak.

Exploration
    Meritorious deeds related to exploration such as traveling to aetheryte crystals.

Example:
    Attune with all 19 aetheryte crystals and aetherial gates in La Noscea.

Materia
    Meritorious deeds related to materia.

Example:
    Successfully affix 10 materia.
    Successfully reduce 10 spiritbound items to materia.

Synthesis
    Meritorious deeds related to synthesis.
    Example:
    Craft 50 items requiring level 1-10 woodworking recipes.
    Craft 300 items requiring level 11-20 smithing recipes.

Gathering
    Meritorious deeds related to gathering.

Example:
    Mine 20 times at grade 1 mineral deposits in La Noscea.
    Mine 300 times at grade 2 mineral deposits in Thanalan.
    Quests
    Meritorious deeds related to quests.
    Example:
    Complete the main scenario quest “Never the Twain Shall Meet.”
    Complete 10 regional levequests.

* The following achievement categories will be introduced after patch 1.20:
    Currencies
    Meritorious deeds related to gil and other in-game currencies.
    Example:
    Earn a cumulative total of 1,000 gil from levequests.
    Earn a cumulative total of 1,000 gil from defeating enemies.
    Grand Companies
    Meritorious deeds related to the Grand Companies of Eorzea.
    Example:
    Earn 1,000 Storm Seals.
    Complete 10 company levequests for the Order of the Twin Adder.

≪Achievement Rewards≫
    The following two types of rewards exist for earning achievements:
    Titles
    Certain achievements bestow titles upon players. Titles are displayed under Attributes, and players can choose the one they wish to be displayed, or none at all. Other players’ titles can be viewed on their profile screens.

Example:
    Provider of the Realm: Achieve level 50 as a miner, botanist, and a fisher.
    The Assimilator: Convert 1,000 items into materia.

* Titles will appear with display names in FINAL FANTASY XIV Version 2.0.
    Items
    Certain achievements (or combinations thereof) reward players with commemorative items.

Example:
    Butcher’s Crown: Defeat 100,000 enemies total.
    Pick of the Luminary: Earn the achievement “A Miner’s Life for Me” for all three regions.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../4e/2024_3.png

≪Achievement Points≫
    Each achievement earns you achievement points. These points serve as an indicator of your overall progress, and cannot be exchanged for items.

≪Features in Development≫
    Progress Indicator
    A progress indicator for individual achievements (as a percentage or fraction) is planned for after patch 1.20a.

Travel Log for Exploration Achievements
    A feature whereby players can review their locations visited is planned for after patch 1.20a.

Additional Achievements
    New achievements will be added on an ongoing basis.
    * Players will not yet be able to view each other’s achievement information. Come Version 2.0, it will be possible to examine another character’s achievements via the check command.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hopefully all of these are retroactive (e.g. I don't have to kill 100,000 enemies starting the day after the patch to get the crown).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Hopefully all of these are retroactive (e.g. I don't have to kill 100,000 enemies starting the day after the patch to get the crown).
    They must be or the quest related ones will be impossible to get if you've already cleared them lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They have the "History" to go back to some of the stuff, and yeah, some things would be impossible to do again, so it has to be retroactive.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

WTF @ the full item set ones.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Agreed I'm not a fan of the item set achievements a dumb way to encourage players to go after items that suck or are useless to them. If item set achievements unlock more items....

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Wonder if you can trade gear for the achievement or if the game only registers progress when you trade in the runestone.

Hopefully the achievement tools are decent. Though I'm not expecting them to beat materia.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    They must be or the quest related ones will be impossible to get if you've already cleared them lol.
    The game obviously has a mechanic in place to know which quests you've already completed otherwise you wouldn't be able to snag quests with prerequisites. We haven't had a moogle belt type event in XIV where you get your times died / enemies killed / chat done / etc type stats, so I wasn't positive that XIV was keeping track of it.

That said, I fully expect everything to be retro.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Wonder if you can trade gear for the achievement or if the game only registers progress when you trade in the runestone.
    Runestones no longer exist (the gear pops into your loot now, rather than a runestone), so it would almost have to be functional if you just buy/trade the gear.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Looking at the example of Templar gear, I assume Buccaneer's and Harlequin's is also going to be achievements as well. Where does this gear come from? Is it just bought, because that's the only information I saw on Eorzapedia and Mooglebox doesn't have the "obtained from" location filled in.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They come from faction leves... one is a buffalo... one is.. uhh I forget

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh gross. I've done mostly crafting leves and have barely done any Battlecraft leves since I rerolled so I have next to no faction credits <_< lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I'm sure they will, considering these things are already tallied.

Easy to miss if you have battle info and system messages in the same log, but ever notice these in your log?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

You're not missing out on anything. It's not a terribly high drop rate for having to drop 400 faction points on a chance at one item of many possibilities. Plus, that gear sucks now (not meldable). If the achievement is worth getting and all you have to do it obtain the stuff through any means, just buy/trade and then pass it along to the next person.

Hard to say whether the gear will go up in price because people will want it for achievements, or down because everybody is going to keep trying to sell it to the next person. I'm hoping for the latter, 'cause all I have are the Bucc. boots. Then again, if the achievement doesn't grant anything more than just "an achievement", then I don't care. I don't buy into that whole gamerscore bullshit.

I hate achievement systems the way they function in almost every game.

I'd much rather just have a tally for stuff like "killed/gathered/crafted X amount of enemies/items" than give us a trophy for just doing the regular stuff that comes with playing of the game. Mundane, eventualities of gameplay should not be "achievements". And given how incongruous the level of effort different tasks require, "achievement points" in particular have and always will be meaningless.

Tally the mundane crap for neat.jpg purposes.
    Give achievements for difficult stuff that actually requires a reasonable amount of focused effort and have them come with a material reward.

The most ridiculous achievements on that list have got to be shit like.
    Achieve gladiator level 10.
    Achieve miner level 20.
    Giving us a statue of a cookie for "achieving" simple tasks we set out to do is just....asinine, ridiculous, idk none of these words have the weight to describe how stupid it is.

Spoiler: show
    I DON'T NEED AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR GETTING LVL 50 MRD, I LEVELED IT SO I COULD HIT SHIT BETTER, IF I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE DOING IT WAS ITS OWN REWARD I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT TO BEGIN WITH GODDDAMNIT

I think those are going to be a good thing, they certainly don't hurt us any. Basically you can earn something, even if it's stupid by doing anything, atleast it seems so from that post.

Are achievements just for getting titles, or do you get other stuff for them as well?

Certain achievements (or combinations thereof) reward players with commemorative items.

Example:
    Butcher’s Crown: Defeat 100,000 enemies total.
    Pick of the Luminary: Earn the achievement “A Miner’s Life for Me” for all three regions.

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to.../4e/2024_3.png
    I know stuff is occasionally TL;DR but you can still look at the pretty pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I know stuff is occasionally TL;DR but you can still look at the pretty pictures.
    It all works out in the end.

Sarcasm aside, thanks.

General disdain for achievement systems aside, the crown actually looks pretty neat.