Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Detroit: Become Human - May 25, 2018

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...lusive-to-ps4/
    Hi everyone. Some of you might remember a PS3 tech demo called Kara that we released in 2012. It was about an android who discovered she could feel emotions and appeared to be sentient. Many people were deeply moved by this character and felt empathy for this character who just wanted to live. But everyone had the same question: what happens to Kara when she leaves the factory?

I kept asking myself the same question since we released this short. I knew I had to find out!

So we imagined our world in a near future where androids like Kara would look, speak, and move like real human beings. We wondered how we — humans — would react if we were confronted with a new form of intelligence, how androids conceived as machines would be perceived if they started to have emotions.

We didn’t want to do another story on AI (there are already so many great ones), we wanted to talk about what it means to be human and what it would be like to be in the shoes of an android discovering our world and their own emotions…

I am really excited to announce that Quantic Dream’s new title is called Detroit.

Original Kara tech demo video that spawned this.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

"Humans" in video game form

....I'm totally on board

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I can't tell what kind of game it is, but I hope free roam GTA style would be possible...!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

All I see is Valorie Curry (not a bad thing).

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Nope.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I have loved everything else the studio has done so I'm all over this

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This is a return to that tech demo they had a few years back named "Kara." Same actress, same android/gynoid concepts but fleshed out.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Such EMOTION

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I want a quantic dream game where it's just the player captured and tortured clockwork orange-style by being forced to listen to David Cage talk about expressing emotion.

But this one doesn't seem half bad, in concept. More appealing than Beyond.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've loved most of what this studio has done over the years. Great ideas in concept, but a little ham fisted when it comes to plot. Indigo Prophecy had the potential to be amazing. Then it got into the 3rd act. Heavy Rain, also good. But there were a lot of plot holes/tropes used in movies, but I still thoroughly enjoyed multiple playthroughs. Beyond had a lot of flaws, but I still had fun with it.

Looking forward to this with some optimism. Probably won't be out for 3 years anyway.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I just noticed the opening post got edited in with some description... but:

But everyone had the same question: what happens to Kara when she leaves the factory?
    The first thought that came to mind, given the game's title, was "get stabbed" (or mugged) lol. Is Detroit still as bad as it's famous for? (in Sim City SNES they had extreme crime rates... in Robocop it was a mess... etc).

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Detroit has it's extremely bad pockets, but the downtown area is really nice now with lots to do. Metro Detroit has many nice areas. I currently live north of Roseville and love it. Hopefully this game will be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Gotta say i'm pretty interested in this game after seeing that E3 trailer, I'm a sucker for futuristic Sci-Fi stories and I like that it seems to be one of those mold your own story type of games.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Same. Despite their issues, I loved Heavy Rain and enjoyed Beyond Two Souls. I'm ready for a new game from them, especially in this setting.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Details
    Spoiler: show

The World of Detroit

Inspired by our short called “Kara” back in 2012, Detroit is a neo-noir thriller set in the near-future city of Detroit. Androids, who look exactly like human beings, have replaced humans in most tasks: they are workers, babysitters, gardeners, nurses, teachers, clerks. The story of Detroit starts with an unexplained incident that begins to affect the Androids. Some disappear without any explanation, others have unexpected behaviors and strangely show signs of emotions. The rumors of “deviant” androids start spreading, but no one seems to know what’s really happening…

Connor, the Deviant Hunter

After Kara, Connor is the second playable character we’re introducing.

Connor is an advanced prototype assigned to police forces to help them investigate cases involving deviants. He is cold and analytical; he thinks fast and benefits from some surprising advanced features. He is very determined and nothing matters more to him than accomplishing the mission he was programmed for.

In this new trailer, Connor is confronted with a tense hostage situation involving a deviant android holding a little girl and threatening to jump from a rooftop. Depending on your decisions and strategy, Connor will succeed or fail in saving the girl; survive or die. Your actions will lead to different outcomes and will have consequences far beyond this scene.

Play Your Own Story in Detroit

Detroit is based on concepts we created in our past games taken to another level (well, that’s the plan

Detroit is about playing the story. Through your actions and decisions you drive the story and face the consequences of your choices. You are in charge of the fate of these characters. You will become a “co-writer” who will have to make critical decisions that will impact the entire story and its world.

As you play as all of the characters, you’ll see the story from different perspectives. You will need to weigh each decision, as actions made by one character may have consequences on others. You will also need to avoid putting the characters at risk, because they can all die, and like in Heavy Rain, the story will continue without them.

A New Engine

A game is not a matter of technology and emotions don’t need the latest shader to be felt, but we really wanted the best for Detroit (ok, and we also like developing tech). We have developed a brand-new engine with many advanced features (new renderers, a new dynamic lighting engine, physically-based shaders, physical cameras, and much more cool stuff). If you are like me and these terms sound foreign to you, check out the video for yourself.

Become Human

Detroit is about emotions, about dilemmas and making difficult decisions. Detroit is not just the story of androids becoming aware of themselves and their fight to be free, it is about a story that resonates at many levels in our world, about being free, about becoming who you are.

As always, we have put all our love and passion into this project, and we truly hope that you will enjoy seeing it as much as we enjoy working on it.

We still have a lot to work to do in order to make Detroit the truly unique experience we want to create, but we hope that you like this first look at gameplay.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...cter-detailed/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

A co-worker of mine showed me the trailer to this yesterday. Having just seen Westworld, this game appears like it'll be awesome.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

In before plot twist:
    Spoiler: show
    you were the robot version of yourself the whole time

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server