Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vobent

Adjustments to Assault(06/28/2006)

In the next version update, we will be adding all new Assault missions that continue in the spirit of providing casual gameplay for busy players. We also plan to adjust the number of Assault Points received for existing missions.

New Assault Missions
    In conjunction with the release of the two new mercenary ranks, we will be introducing additional Assault missions. Five new missions will be available at the rank of Lance Corporal, and another five missions at the rank of Corporal.
    A wider range of options and the necessity for unique strategies will accompany these new missions,; so don't let your mercenary skills grow rusty!

Adjustments to Existing Missions
    The development team designed the Assault missions to provide a large number of options for parties of various sizes and job compositions.
    However, with the difference in the number of Assault Points earned depending on party size, players began leaning towards attempting certain missions with very specific jobs.
    With the aim of creating an even more flexible and enjoyable system, the following adjustments will be made in the upcoming version update:

- Assault Point Adjustment 1
    When participating in an Assault mission with 4 or more people, the penalty on the number of Assault Points earned per person will be decreased.

- Assault Point Adjustment 2
    The number of Assault Points earned for each Assault mission will be adjusted to better reflect the level of difficulty.

So much for easy AP?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Adjustments to Assault(06/28/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Vobent
    So much for easy AP?
    It might be for the good. Less penalties for larger groups will help people without the 'chosen' jobs get their AP faster than at a snail's pace.

The other adjustment is too vague to even make a call on. They could nerf easy crap like Excavation Duty and really boost the other things that aren't done much. I bet in the end there's still going to be about 1000 AP per tag that's pretty easy to get, but much easier for people that don't have BLM, RDM, MNK, or WAR leveled. That's all around a good thing.

I think the major aim of Assault was to give everyone a chance at getting this stuff done, but it's getting to be the same 'BLM only' type mentality and leaving some other classes behind. If it turns out to offer a better balance between jobs then it's a good thing, as long as they don't majorly nerf what kind of AP you can get off a tag. If it's gonna be incredibly hard to net 1000 off a tag, then meh. Time will tell!

that or they're gimping the assaults that are easily "brute forced"

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

As stated, it is too early to make a call, though it is pretty obvious that you wont be doing Exca for 1333 pts anymore.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    As stated, it is too early to make a call, though it is pretty obvious that you wont be doing Exca for 1333 pts anymore.
    18 days left, spam lebros gogo

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    18 days left, spam lebros gogo
    Crap! 18 days left!? I better stop meriting and get started.....

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I wonder what the new rank item will be.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I wonder what the new rank item will be.
    Im really hoping they throw in a few nice ra/ex capes/belts/earrings/rings that are as nice as the other items, hopefully involving enmity/traits

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I agree, I hope they add more EX stuff. I spend enough time crafting where I'd rather just spend gil on the non-EX stuff and just save AP for EX stuff out now or just save for the future.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

As long it's not gear with latent effect that is activated only on full moon when there is fog or some shit like this SE love to make.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Kinda glad I didn't waste time and got my Turban and Crackows. Also, gonna have my Gomlek before the update.

But still, whenever S-E posts anything about adjustments in update notes, we are all quick to assume that it means a nerf bat beating. It might mean the end of 1333 trioable assaults, but it might not. We don't know how the points will be changed, plus there are 10 new assault missions that we know nothing about.

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's definitely the right thing to do, even though it will negatively affect the players.

it's stupid that Lamia 13 and Excavation Duty give so many points when they are the easiest to be done by 3 people (with the proper jobs).

some Assaults are obscenely hard/annoying/random, and they should reward the most points per person.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

As nice as Excavation Duty and Lamia #13 are with 3 people I won't miss them if there's a tweak. As long as other missions are:

- Doable with 4-6 people for 1k a tag minimum. 20 wins per area worst case for armor isn't unreasonable at all. More points for harder "you need 6 good people" missions, less for "4-6 random mostly sober friends".
    - Not based on freak random luck or moving at 50% of the speed of light for the win.

Can't wait to see what the new ranks bring so I'm more eager than worried. I'd like to see more R/Ex Storm gear drop than crap from ??? prizes too...but that's probably not going to change until the higer missions are here.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'd really like to see some challenging missions like:

Kill Tzar TrollLord, reward 2000 AS total, possible but very rare drops to be similar to ridill and ebody :D.

Although I greatly enjoy pln items, I would like to see a melee centric bst/war set similar to that of the homam set. With the current setting of sky and kings I think this gear would be much appreciated.

im so getting my body done now before they gimp it cause we all know they will fuck it up some how or some way. This is SE were talking about.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let's not run around declaring that the sky is falling just yet. They may increase the number of points that you get from harder assaults.

Just do some breathing exercises and tell yourself that the CoP nightmare is finally over.

Banned.

BG Level

Looks like an awesome update ;o.

Now if only SE raised the exp gain from uncapped ENMs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Lamia 13 getting nerfed i see.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    Lamia 13 getting nerfed i see.
    Yep.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I don't like the change but I agree it's the right thing to do. Does the somniferous Excavation Duty giving 4k points whilst the impossibly hard Lebros Supplies giving 3k make sense to anyone?