BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About deleting/Renaming     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

About deleting/Renaming

Hi all, first post, long time read.

My question is this:

Can anyone please offer any advice concerning the renaming thing?

As far as I understand, you delete a character, make a mule occupying that name, and when your character is restored, you'll have the option of renaming it.

Is this correct? If anyone you know, or better yet do YOU have any experience in this regard? Is it 100% assuming they restore it? I'm not asking is restoring 100%, I'm asking if for example they DO restore it, and the name is taken, is it 100% that they will ask you to rename or will they simply say "oops, sorry cant do it. You're beat."

I know that you can only restore once per PoL ID.

Thank you sincerely in advance.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

what

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: About deleting/Renaming

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSky
    Hi all, first post, long time read.

My question is this:

Can anyone please offer any advice concerning the renaming thing?

As far as I understand, you delete a character, make a mule occupying that name, and when your character is restored, you'll have the option of renaming it.

Is this correct? If anyone you know, or better yet do YOU have any experience in this regard? Is it 100% assuming they restore it? I'm not asking is restoring 100%, I'm asking if for example they DO restore it, and the name is taken, is it 100% that they will ask you to rename or will they simply say "oops, sorry cant do it. You're beat."

I know that you can only restore once per PoL ID.

Thank you sincerely in advance.
    Delete the character, make the mule, go into that POL GM thing and talk to one of them. They ask you for the ID Numbers, birthday, address, ethnic background, tax returns - after all that they confirm it and it takes a couple of days before your character pops back up. The renaming is auto - they don't actually ask you to rename it. When you log in you just.. have to.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

THank you. I've read one post on Killing ifrit while waiting for responses to this post and it all seems to say the same.

I dont know what they'll ask me to restore it, I dont write EVERYthing down. I got my credit/billing info, PoL ID, any question they could ask me bout the character, etc.

I dont want to do this and then have them ask me anything I didnt think of to prove my identity. I dont know my PoL Email for example, I never used it.

Im gonna do it :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I hope you stoled a Kraken Club, a couple of shining cloths and a THF Knife to make all that work worthwhile 8)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSky
    THank you. I've read one post on Killing ifrit while waiting for responses to this post and it all seems to say the same.

I dont know what they'll ask me to restore it, I dont write EVERYthing down. I got my credit/billing info, PoL ID, any question they could ask me bout the character, etc.

I dont want to do this and then have them ask me anything I didnt think of to prove my identity. I dont know my PoL Email for example, I never used it.

Im gonna do it :D
    name ----
    credit card -----
    playonline reg ----
    billing address?----
    real address?----
    birthday ---

Those are the questions they ask. I save everything.

Old Merits
    BG Level

They will ask you for your FFXI and POL registration keys as well.

One thing...make sure the new "mule" with the old character's name is either on another account, or a different content ID, you don't want to loose your toon...

Black Belt
    BG Level

if you do it on the same Content ID than your old character is gone.

if you do it on the same account than certain people would be smart enough to figure it out and make you delete it (but most people wouldn't care).

Old Merits
    BG Level

he wants to buy the BRD he just posted & rename it so no one knows it's a bought account... duh..

Quote Originally Posted by Erza
    he wants to sell the BRD he just posted & rename it so no one knows it's a bought account... duh..
    fixed.

He wouldn't post it to have competition if he planned to buy it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    Quote Originally Posted by Erza
    he wants to sell the BRD he just posted & rename it so no one knows it's a bought account... duh..
    fixed.

He wouldn't post it to have competition if he planned to buy it.
    Personally I don't see why he'd care

Maybe he has a bad rep, doesn't want people to know he sold his account but rather quit etc. I could come up with a ton of reasons.

But if I saw what I thought was a good deal, which it is so obviously not I wouldn't advertise where to buy it so somebody could buy it out from under me.

Person 1:"Hey guys, check out this awesome deal and there's only one left!"

Person 2:"Cool thanks, I just bought it."

Person 1:"What? noooooo!"

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I don't know why anyone would want to rename their character. 8)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You guys had the general idea, but were a tad off.

I'm not the one selling that account, and I dont know who is. It was bad timing, and that's really all it is (the post subjects).

Is there any way to obtain your PoL and FFXI registration codes if you've lost the little booklet they came in?

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Varnx
    Is there any way to obtain your PoL and FFXI registration codes if you've lost the little booklet they came in?
    common sense says there should, the harsh reality says no.