+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BLM and Campaign     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BLM and Campaign

I've been a bit frustrated taking BLM to Campaign lately. I just cannot get good points with the job at all. I'm sure I am doing something wrong. Nukes only seem to give 5% of total damage as points so that's been unhelpful. I've been meleeing with my staff for the most part to get some decent points but it has been very difficult to break 950 in 10 minutes. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe spend more time curing and raising than nuking and meleeing?

Thanks!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hit stuff with kraken and sleepga sometimes. If a fight goes on long enough, you kinda figure out what you need more of. I'll kraken stuff till I get a few TP moves off and that usually gets me a nice boost of points. If a fight goes on for a long time I just try to figure out what I havn't done.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I've been meleeing with my staff for the most part to get some decent points but it has been very difficult to break 950 in 10 minutes.
    Seems to me that's about as good as it gets: 5700exp/hr.

Can cap out exp incredibly easily as whm/sam in beastman areas (fortifications) and still seem to cap it without using /sam meditate. I don't see how blm/whm or blm/rdm would be much different by meleeing exclusively.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You get quite a good number of points for sleep-ga. There seems to be a bonus when you have hate on multiple mobs, like an added bonus the longer you can stay alive with more mobs after your head.

I know I get decent exp doing nothing except sleep-ga and ga3. (~1-2k in 30 min).

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I never, ever do Campaign on BLM. If I want a buffer I'll solo Puddings - it's much better exp/hr and you're not forced to abide by the retarded anti-mage laws of Campaign.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Somewhat relates to BLM since I do Campaign as WHM/BLM.
    Do the cheesy Drown, Burn, Rasp, Shock, Frost enfeebles. They're tallied at 15 exp per with a max of 40. Go go simple 600 exp. And yes, resists still count. I know I spam those and cures as WHM/BLM in Campaign and can get 800-900 exp doing that as lvl 55.

As for when I do Campaign on my BLM, I just find a big group of mobs and -aga III them all. When my ensuing taru beatdown happens, I also take mass dmg which goes towards the cap. So I lose 30 possible exp for the death, but I've also just handed out some mass dmg and took a bunch in return.

Hope that helps.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BLM sucks in camp. I have to melee and focus on curing to get points. I try to toss a nuke at the end of a mob to get the kill shot.

Banned.

BG Level

A good method is to find a weaker normal monster(WARs, MNKs, and the such are bad ideas) and have it beat the crap out of you. Keep yourself alive with Cure III until you die. Using Aspir and Spirit Taker(sucks on PLD though) can keep yourself alive. Just doing this once for an entire life will gets a good amount of points.

Also Kraken users in Campaign are annoying as fuck.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Getting killshots will greatly improve your point return.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stand in aoe range. Try to take as much dmg as you can while still living. It's what I usually strive for in campaign and can usually get around 1.4k in 1 wave defending campaigns with highest medal.

EternalBlowJob
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What I do I just sub whm. I cast dia on a mob, have reraise up though . I cast ga spell's on mobs be sure to run away and die in a safe spot lol I just continuously repeat that and cast am 2 spell's and hit my mob with my staff to.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

All the people saying take dmg are spot on. It's either taking dmg, or having the mob focus on you with you surviving it, because usually I leave campaigns on RDM/WAR with 3k. Obviously BLM can't go /war and live, but try to take dmg, grav a mob let it chase you, blahblahblah. Curebomb self.

I don't campaign on BLM anymore, except occasionally when we're deliberately trying to take over a zone (where I'm not expecting to get good exp, anyway). But one thing I have noticed, in Besieged as well as in the early days of Campaign as BLM, is that for whatever reason due to the calculations if you just draw your staff and then proceed to do normal BLM stuff your exp will be considerably higher than doing those same things unengaged. It still won't be as high as other jobs if you're not getting attacked often, but it should be high enough that if you turn in your tags every 15min or so you get max exp.

They may have changed the calculations between then and now, but it's worth trying. And either way the important thing (for any job) is knowing how often to turn in your tags. Look at the AN award you typically get in campaign when you don't turn in your tags, double that, divide by the points per minute based on your highest medal, and then go visit the NPC as often as you need to. It's better than going out of your way to be less helpful to the battle itself, and you still get max exp.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I don't have any problems in campaign. Besides curing a little and meleeing a little, I like to toss in a few debuffs like Blind/Bio/etc. As for magic damage, I cast RR on myself, look for a huge crowd of mobs and drop a GAIII. RR up and do it again for good measure. After recovering from the double weakness, thats when I engage in the melee/cure/debuff.

If mobs are too spread for GA, spamming drain aspir and an occasional TIV still works fine.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I use my Perdu Sickle and melee when I need to go on BLM, on top of occasional nukes, dots etc.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Step 1: Apply Reraise, stoneskin, aquaviel, shock/icespikes
    Step 2: -ga some happy mobs
    Step 3: Bend over, Apply Lube, and keep moaning until they loose interest (You pass out)
    Step 4???
    Step 5: Profit.

IT ONLY TOOK 11 YEARS.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Devia Danoma
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I improved my results on BLM pretty significantly by grabbing a random mob once per battle and kiting it around for a while. Elemental enfeebles seemed to help quite a bit. Ultimately though, I abandoned both my BLM and BRD in favor of WHM/NIN for campaign.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm pretty happy with how my BRD does meleeing in campaign with unlocked Thyrsusstab for Spirit Taker. +Crit weapons are nice for campaign because you get extra points for critical hits.

Too bad I can't unlock Dancing Dagger on campaign mobs, even between battles...

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    I use my Perdu Sickle and melee when I need to go on BLM, on top of occasional nukes, dots etc.
    Eh... wouldn't a Somnus Signa or Mekki Shakki do much more damage?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

as a blm in campaign, all i do is kill all the mobs possible without worrying about my exp/hour

reason behind that is (!)

We don't lose influence in that area under our control & we gain influence rather quickly under beastmen controlled areas.