Thread: Quick Catch up please     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quick Catch up please

Ok been away from game pretty much since update before last, can someone give me a quick catch up on a couple of points and maybe point me to some links to further discussions... I hardly get any time to forum troll so i would really appreciate it.

Topics i need catch up with are:

Blue Mage Level 2 Merits (which should i merit?) , Einherjar (and update), Grips and new damage formulas.

Appreciate your help

And i'm sure there's stuff i am yet to hear in game since i got back where i go to them "what the hell you talking about Willis?" to them lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Re: Quick Catch up please

Welcome back
    Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    Blue Mage Level 2 Merits (which should i merit?)
    Sorry cant help you with this.

Einherjar (and update)
    mobs have less hp and therefore you have a much higher chance of being able to complete the zone objective.

The final chamber is accessable however when you enter you loose all your feathers (which you must regain). However if you defeat Odin (it is odin's chamber) you get some key item that obsoletes the need for the feathers.

Grips and new damage formulas.
    2hd weapons are the rage. Grips are some nice additions to the formula adding stats/attributes. Basically for 2hd weapons 1dex=1acc, 1str=1attack.

Grips power ranges from +1 to +3 of one or more stats, some have +hp/+mp, some are -enmity, some are +accuracy. The higher level ones give double attack or zanshin (sp?)

-------
    Additionally. The last ToAU mission has been released. Rank of captain can be obtained (complete every assault, and at least one nyzul investigation) which grantes free runic portal usage.
    All salvage armors/pop conditions have been discovered.

I'm sure a lot more.

Tonko

I personally did 3 Assimilation, and 1 of the rest. Don't regret it either. Only worth putting one merit into Diffusion, as removing 2:30 off of an already 20 minute recast is useless, and you don't cast magic BLU spell often enough to warrant multiple merits into Convergence. Enchainment is mediocre, 10 TP bonus won't make that big of a difference, but the 3 Assimilation merits, while only being 1 point each, really do make a big difference for me.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I went 3 assimilation, 1 each on the rest also, but dropping the enchainment and/or 1 assimilation for 2/3 into convergence isn't so bad of an idea either. Those 3 extra points from assimilation will become more helpful I imagine when we get more spells from the expansion.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko
    The final chamber is accessable however when you enter you loose all your feathers (which you must regain). However if you defeat Odin (it is odin's chamber) you get some key item that obsoletes the need for the feathers.
    Isn't this misleading? I thought that the Key Item from winning Odin actually just meant you could farm any of the previous zones in any order, but to fight Odin again you would need feathers from all the zones? I’ve not really paying massive attention to the Odin thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Isn't this misleading? I thought that the Key Item from winning Odin actually just meant you could farm any of the previous zones in any order, but to fight Odin again you would need feathers from all the zones? I’ve not really paying massive attention to the Odin thread though.
    You do have to farm all the feathers again as you said, which you can do in any order once you obtain the key item from clearing all 9 to begin with (that is, defeating or even facing Odin is not required); this from information in the Einherjar tier 3/4 threads in Event Discussion, despite the conflicting information given in the Einherjar patch notes.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Welcome back
    Sorry cant help you with this.

Einherjar (and update)
    mobs have less hp and therefore you have a much higher chance of being able to complete the zone objective.

The final chamber is accessable however when you enter you loose all your feathers (which you must regain). However if you defeat Odin (it is odin's chamber) you get some key item that enables you to fight chambers in any order. You still need all the feathers to refight Odin.

Grips and new damage formulas.
    2hd weapons are the rage. Grips are some nice additions to the formula adding stats/attributes. Basically for 2hd weapons 1dex=1acc, 1str=1attack.

Grips power ranges from +1 to +3 of one or more stats, some have +hp/+mp, some are -enmity, some are +accuracy. The higher level ones give double attack or zanshin (sp?)

-------
    Additionally. The last ToAU mission has been released. Rank of captain can be obtained (complete every assault, and at least one nyzul investigation) which grantes free runic portal usage.
    All salvage armors/pop conditions have been discovered.

I'm sure a lot more.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Updated my msg; I dont really follow Einherjar much I had high hopes for it but those quickly turned sour.