BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

EU POL (Download) + Dual Installations + BIlling Error

Referencing this thread: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57767

One of the solutions may be to try using an EU version, but im unable to find a good torrent. Does anyone know of a good place to get EU POL?

Also while on the subject, once obtaining EU POL, how do you go about dual boxing POLs? Just install it and everything will work normally? Will installing EU POL screw up NA at all?

Thanks.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

When I downloaded the NA POL, I just installed it in a different directory. My EU POL is in Program Files/Playonline while the NA one is in Program Files/PlayOnlineUS. Works without problems. If I boot up the NA POL and try to log into the game, though, I get a "FFXI is not installed" error, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    When I downloaded the NA POL, I just installed it in a different directory. My EU POL is in Program Files/Playonline while the NA one is in Program Files/PlayOnlineUS. Works without problems. If I boot up the NA POL and try to log into the game, though, I get a "FFXI is not installed" error, of course.
    This ^

and; http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/dow...l?pageID=media

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

AHA! found it... Im just wondering if there is a way to have both NA POL and EU POL on your computer, Last time i tried to DOWNLOAD NA VERSION it completely took off my EU version. Help please. THanks in advance.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Recast View Post
    AHA! found it... Im just wondering if there is a way to have both NA POL and EU POL on your computer, Last time i tried to DOWNLOAD NA VERSION it completely took off my EU version. Help please. THanks in advance.
    Lexa covered it, it works.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok maybe im reading to much into but Lexa said.. "If I boot up the NA POL and try to log into the game, though, I get a "FFXI is not installed" error, of course."

And that is the error i am getting. ><;!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Recast View Post
    Ok maybe im reading to much into but Lexa said.. "If I boot up the NA POL and try to log into the game, though, I get a "FFXI is not installed" error, of course."

And that is the error i am getting. ><;!
    Need to tweak around the registry.

Just replace US by EU, try to have 2 distinct FFXI installations (sometimes it may fuck up), then pray for it to work, I couldn't get it to work on Win7 but it works flawlessly on XP.

"0001"="C:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\" has to be readded after first POL launch, it gets deleted for no reason.

Edit: actually I misread... are you only trying to have both POL EU and US on your computer? If so just install your regular one you play with fully, FFXI and all, then download Vista version of the other on SE website and install it in a random folder, then browse to said folder and launch it from there by clicking pol.exe and that is all you need to edit account details.

Basically what was said above.

Im a BG Attention Whore
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Anub'arak

when installing to hard drive make a new folder. dont install over your current playonline folder.

after downloading the EU version and running install i change the install path to "c:/programfiles/playonlineeu" from c:/programfiles/playonline.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for all the help^^; Done.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It is possible to have them both work with the same FFXI files. What you have to do is install BOTH PoLs to separate folders (my NA pol is installed to "PlayOnlineUS" and JP installed to "PlayOnlineJP"). So in your Program files, you should have three "playonline" folders..the default is where the FFXI files are.

I don't know if that was confusing lol, but basically you only need one FFXI installation, and have the different PoL clients point to those files.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im curious to why I even posted this as ive been running NA and JP since 03, I think my EU friend was having problems >.> not sure what I was thinking.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was running NA and JP on the same PC until WotG, which broke it so that only the last one I installed would stay working. I've had no luck with any method fixing it. They used to share the same FFXI install folder, with different POL install paths. I'm on XP Pro.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    I was running NA and JP on the same PC until WotG, which broke it so that only the last one I installed would stay working. I've had no luck with any method fixing it. They used to share the same FFXI install folder, with different POL install paths. I'm on XP Pro.
    I've seen several people say this, but its weird because WotG didn't break anything for me. I think the only thing I had to go through once was a Check File, but after that they both worked the same o.O

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Still works fine for me, I dont remember any issues at that time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXIOnline.com's forum had people saying dual-install was broken as of ToAU. I didn't really notice then because I had my JP PS2 as backup and an ISP that would work with the PS2. When WotG came out, I was on an ISP that my PS2 wouldn't connect with, so I had to use PC for everything, and as I have a JP account, I was noticing when using it for account management.

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    It is possible to have them both work with the same FFXI files. What you have to do is install BOTH PoLs to separate folders (my NA pol is installed to "PlayOnlineUS" and JP installed to "PlayOnlineJP"). So in your Program files, you should have three "playonline" folders..the default is where the FFXI files are.

I don't know if that was confusing lol, but basically you only need one FFXI installation, and have the different PoL clients point to those files.
    It's been a long time since I tried setting up a dual install, I can't seem to get this to work. Do I have to reinstall my US POL to a separate folder in order for both it and the JP POL I installed to be able to find the FFXI install? I used that registry edit someone posted earlier, changing things from US to JP, but the JP POL still says FFXI install cannot be found.

MaachaQ

If anyone is still trying to do a dual install, I found an old old link with instructions that worked for me (at least so far, I loaded the game once so far in each US and JP versions). Nice to be able to run in JP mode if I want and not have a completely separate installation. Should work the same with EU version.

You'll have to edit the registry to get JP POL to work with the NA installation of FFXI.

This is from a previous post, but the method is similar: http://www.killingif...2614558#2614558

[red]NOTE:
    The following requires you to edit values in your registry. Modifying or removing a registry entry (or entries) not related to what I'm going to instruct you to do will cause problems to other programs or the Windows system itself. Doing any mistakes will, at its worst, make Windows totally inoperable meaning you will have to reinstall Windows-- if Windows System Restore fails to restore it properly.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISTAKES YOU COMMIT HERE. DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Remember to use common sense and caution when doing anything to your system's registry.

Be sure to DOUBLE CHECK any modifications you do before closing Regedit and restarting your PC.[/red]

... now to continue... time to enter the correct location of FFXI in your registry:

1.) Optional but recommended: Create a System Restore Point.
    Go to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

2.) Now do the following to open up Regedit:

Start Menu > Run... > Type in Regedit, then press Ok.

3.) Once Regedit is opened, locate the registry entry for PlayOnline:

Registry Location: My Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > PlayOnline

For JP POL:
    If you have a Japanese PlayOnline Viewer installed, the location is different: PlayOnline

Registry Location: My Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > PlayOnline

4.) Select InstallFolder:

You will now see 4 registry values on your right pane:

(Default) > Do not touch!

0001 > Final Fantasy XI
    0002 > Tetra Master
    1000 > PlayOnline Viewer

5.) Now Right-click one of the registry entries...

... then select Modify...

Correct the entries as follows:

For 0001... FFXI location
    [sea]Drive Letter[/sea]:[blue]PlayOnlineSquareEnixFINAL FANTASY XI[/blue]

For 0002... Tetra Master location
    [sea]Drive Letter[/sea]:[blue]PlayOnlineSquareEnixTetraMaster[/blue]

For 1000... PlayOnline Viewer
    [sea]Drive Letter[/sea]:[blue]PlayOnlineSquareEnixPlayOnlineViewer[/blue]

Drive Letter => Drive where you have FFXI, Tetra Master, and POL Viewer installed. Do not forget the : and after the drive letter!

(If you have the Japanese PlayOnline Viewer, the registry names are the same. Modifying the locations of where the 3 programs are installed is similar as above, except the JP PlayOnline registry entries are in a different location as I have stated in Number 3 above.)

After each registry entry you edited, press Ok and continue to the next one.

6.) When you are done: Double-check and double-check again.

7.) Close Regedit and restart your PC (just to be sure Windows still boots up) and so the changes can take effect.
    http://killingifrit.com/forums/topic...japanese-pol/?