Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anwig Salade WSACC test     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Anwig Salade WSACC test

So~~ according to my JP friend, Anwig Salade's WSACC+15 only works on first hit of the ws?

Here are the links :

1) ありがとう、地球 戦慄?モグ帽子の謎
    2) ありがとう、地球 戦慄!モグ帽子の謎 [完結]

Since I can't read JP, was hoping someone else in here would translate them :X

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

uh oh, its a sea gorget

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I lol'd.

And I have to say this is either going to be very interesting or /doublefacepalm time.

It seems he assumed 95% acc on the first hit, and somehow manage to deduce the number of second hits that connected. Checking the acccuracy of the last hit is relatively easy as you have to count the number of 1,6 and 11 TP returns. But you have no way to know if the "6" and "5" tp return come from 1st or second hit. I'm not sure how he finds his 416/500 .. You can deduce it if you have the exact numbers of 0,1,5,6,10 and 11 tp returns but you should not find integer values with this method.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

After not reading the JP links posted in the OP, I want to say testing is hard because apparently all 'first hits' of any WS gain an accuracy bonus and you'd have to account for that.

Personally would have tested this with Slugshot or Sidewinder, using multihits and dual wielded WS is going to confuse things no end.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    I want to test if Anwig's WS ACC only applies to the first hit, or to all hits in the WS. I'm going to do this by using a WS that has 1 hit and has no possibility of additional hits whatsoever.
    Great succes!

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Personally would have tested this with Slugshot or Sidewinder, using multihits and dual wielded WS is going to confuse things no end.
    wat

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

As usual, Starr is either the greatest troll to ever live or a moron.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

edit: woops

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

idc, i loved this pictute http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...mapool/kap.jpg

F'ing WIN

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I believe he was referring to the fact that Double/Triple attack can proc on WS's, and that it's Really Fucking Obvious (R) when it does.

If it worked, it would make testing really slow; I believe the highest double attack rate you can get is ~25%. However, there is no difference between it not proc'ing and missing, making it useless to test this with.

So, stupid, not troll.

Also, the blog post used the words "confidence interval". It would appear the guy doing the testing knows his shit.

lol I was miles away when I posted that, I thought they were trying to test if WS ACC+15 is just like Accuracy+15 on WS, not testing if it effects hits after the first. That said, I still wouldn't use Penta, especially on WAR or a Dual Weild WS. I would only use Drakesbane, King's Justice, Raging Rush, Rampage or Evisceration single wielded.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Asuran Fists would be a pretty good option. Make the rest of your accuracy so that +25 puts you at cap, but +10 would not. If the result is a less than full TP return more than 34% of the time (within a confidence interval appropriate for the sample size), then the helm isn't affecting all hits.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Asuran Fists would be a pretty good option. Make the rest of your accuracy so that +25 puts you at cap, but +10 would not. If the result is a less than full TP return more than 34% of the time (within a confidence interval appropriate for the sample size), then the helm isn't affecting all hits.
    This seems like a pretty foolproof way to test it generally.

Not really, IMO. A monk is bound to end up at odd TP levels from time to time because of the nature of H2H and kick attacks, which doesn't mix well with a WS with an Acc mod. Sure, the differences would be minor, but it just leaves more room for error, which there's already plenty of when it comes to testing this sort of thing(Read: Gorgets).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The buff would be totally worthless if that was the case... since you are capped on the first hit at 75 99% of the time...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Asuran no, there's the TP = ACC mod. I think dual wielded Hexa Strike is the best option. Same method as the proposed Asuran method, except one less hit. Make sure not to have a single bit of DA or TA in WS gear. Another upside? Possible Kraken offhand, fast testing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm going to call lol on this. I've parsed many a group before and after I got my WSACC +25 hat, and every single time I've gotten better multi hit WS hit rate values than when I used Optical Hat.