Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bluestreak Gyugyuroon     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Bluestreak Gyugyuroon

Anyone know if this is a 21-24 hour pop or a straight lottery? I killed placeholders for 5-6 hours tonight and no pop ; ;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Bluestreak Gyugyuroon

straight lottery, can take a few hours to pop

the epithet bluestreak is from "cussin a bluestreak", ie. to curse profusely, because this NM is a real ******* *****.

be sure to bring some treasure hunter, otherwise like me you will camp for hours, kill twice, and get 1 earth crystal so far.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

I've killed it 3 times now, twice solo, once duo. Never took longer to pop than 2~3 hours, but then again, I only camped it 3 times. 1st time got both drops, 2nd time, just the gun, 3rd time I believe just the collar. Just be patient and make sure you're killing the proper Qiqirn PHs, it's not like it's heavily camped.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just a question about which Qiqirn are the PH. I know the area it can spawn at and there are 6 archeologist I see in the area. Which of those 6 have you seen pop bluestreak most often?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa
    Just a question about which Qiqirn are the PH. I know the area it can spawn at and there are 6 archeologist I see in the area. Which of those 6 have you seen pop bluestreak most often?
    Not meaning to be a jerk and necropost, but does anyone know the answer to this?

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

As far as I know, there are only 2, around the corner from the exit to Hydra. 2x Archeolgist 1x THF Qiqirn. The THF type isn't a PH but gets in the way. I just kill the 2x Archeologist, almost always pops in under 2 hours.

can you draw it on a map or explain in further detail? I always manage to get myself killed by him running to get his friends, granted this was several months ago, but it seemed like there were a lot more than 2<_<

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

http://images.wikia.com/ffxi/images/...ubterrane3.png

J-8. 2x RNG Qiqirn 1x THF Qiqirn. RNG are the PH.

I typically go RDM/NIN, kill the 3 Qiqirn (The THF isn't a PH, but it'll link to the RNG, or Bluestreak). Basically 1 full MP pool = 1 dead Qiqirn. Usually kill 2 with a Convert, and maybe resting 1 tic total, sleeping whatever aggrod. They like to run around, don't bother following them, there are no other Qiqirn nearby to link.

When Bluestreak pops, I prefer to get a decent distance from him, 15"-20" away or so, and go to work. He will almost never run away from you, and if he does, do not follow him, he will come back. Nuke liberally, control your mp, because you're going to have to deal with usually at least one, and possibly 2 Qiqirn repops. Not really a big deal. Bluestreak's ranged attack's a fairly hard, but an E.Staff, Phalanx will knock them down to 80-100, mostly you shouldn't be getting hit. Aside from that, just keep up shadows, nuke when you can, takes me about 3 1/2-4 MP pools to nuke him down, while keeping DoT on. If you have a BLM with you, it's like a 3-4 minute fight with you cure spamming the BLM. Can always DoT > Zone to the Hydra exit if it gets dangerous.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ahh so the 2 RNG's when you first enter @ 7 are NOT placeholers... it's the ones a little bit deeper in ONLY?

Or it is the first two when you enter (since you said you could DoT and zone)

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

The 2 RNG when you first enter are -NOT- placeholders. I made that mistake the first time. It's the 2 a bitt deeper in.

When I mentioned you could DoT and Zone, I would just run from deeper in, to the zone, it's not really that far at all, you'll only aggro to Chigoe, and possibly link/depop the 2 RNG near the entrance. Don't take much damage doing this ever really, though I have w.legs, it should be easy to zone and survive without.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    Ahh so the 2 RNG's when you first enter @ 7 are NOT placeholers... it's the ones a little bit deeper in ONLY?

Or it is the first two when you enter (since you said you could DoT and zone)
    I just poped this NM with out Touching the set of 2 RNG QQ that have the THF with them. I killed the 2 QQ RNG at the hydra exit opposite by the Puk Traps and the 2 QQ RNG at I-9. Bluestreak poped at I-9 for me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The PH's the two archo's are at the east part of the square at J- 8/9

Also will spawn at I-9 in the east most north/south hall of that grid. He has also spawned at J-8/J-9 and walked all the way to I-9.

I have personally seen him do both of the above while camping him. These guys are right he can be stingy that is even if he pops for you.

laverna could be right there might be more PH's but every time I got him to pop was with the ones at J-8/9.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I camped this NM multiple times and never got it to pop, and I spent a good 6-7hrs killing PH the entire time too

Ya, there is possibly total of 6 placeholders.

Post dates.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misuto Vapira
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

100% sure that the exact and real PH is the qiqirn RNG that spawns and walks into the room at K-8. This room has a single chigoe, and you can target a leech up on the ledge.

Sometimes this PH spawns down the hall and around the corner where the other rng and thf walk. Also, sometimes the THF in the far back room with the 3 chigoes doesn't spawn in the back room, but where the other mobs are. So, at one time you can have 4 mobs in the corner where the two chigoe spawn near a ramp/ledge. The other rng in this area will never walk into the back room while freeroaming. (it does while aggroed and running away.)
    Also, the NM can sometimes spawn at I-9, which is weird and confused the hell out of me. But, regardless, I will fight to the death that the qiqirn rng at/near K-8 is the PH.
    Pop is random, friend of mine camped it for a week, saying spawn took 1-9hrs after last death. It has a lot to do with the repops being 16minutes, as you can only have roughly 4 pops every hour.

I found this NM personally at the release of the patch and broke the news at KI, hope this helps.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by MisutoVapira View Post
    100% sure that the exact and real PH is the qiqirn RNG that spawns and walks into the room at K-8. This room has a single chigoe, and you can target a leech up on the ledge.

Sometimes this PH spawns down the hall and around the corner where the other rng and thf walk. Also, sometimes the THF in the far back room with the 3 chigoes doesnt spawn in this room, if this is the case, keep zoning it til it does, if you don't like THF mobs... or just kill it.
    Also, the NM can sometimes spawn at I-9, which is weird and confused the hell out of me. But, regardless, I will fight to the death that the qiqirn rng at/near K-8 is the PH. The other rng in this area will never walk into the back room while freeroaming. (it does while aggroed and running away.) Pop is random, friend of mine camped it for a week, saying spawn took 1-9hrs after last death. It has a lot to do with the repops being 16minutes, as you can only have roughly 4 pops every hour.

I found this NM personally at the release of the patch and broke the news at KI, hope this helps.
    I can attest to this, i spent most days right beside him camping this fugger >.> Those items are worth alot.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by MisutoVapira View Post
    So, at one time you can have 4 mobs in the corner where the two chigoe spawn near a ramp/ledge.
    I have always found the NM with the mobs here I have never seen 4 pop here. Only 3 the 2 archo and the one thf.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misuto Vapira
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lahan View Post
    I have always found the NM with the mobs here I have never seen 4 pop here. Only 3 the 2 archo and the one thf.
    It's possible for the THF in the far back room with the 3 chigoes to spawn here if you kill it enough times. This makes it 4 rats on this intersection. When I happened upon this, it blew my mind for a minute, then figured out what happened.