Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with resetting af     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Problem with resetting af

Ok so I'm having problems getting my af memory erased. When I go to the npc, he lists all my jobs except for smn, which I'm 100% positive I have gotten all 6 pieces. I even tried throwing out all my smn ad which didn't help. The development team said I'm missing something, but I'm starting to think they are probably lying, but I am not sure. What can I do to try to fix this or test some things to make it work? Is it glitched in some way? Thanks for any help you can give.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If the job is not available in your list of resettable options, you either haven't completed the quest series or you haven't received all of the AF pieces from the coffers, despite what you remember about completing them before.

Make sure "The Puppet Master," "Class Reunion," "Carbuncle Debacle," and "Borghertz's Calling Hands" are in your completed quest list. Then farm up coffer keys and open coffers in Toraimarai and Uggalepih while on SMN and you should find the one you missed.

It's usually one of the coffer AF pieces that people forget to re-obtain.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have all those quests done, and they are all under completed quests. I also had the smn af body, so temple coffer was done. I went back and did canal coffer and opened it on smn and only got gil.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stockboy View Post
    The development team said I'm missing something
    >_> take a look in your satchel or your storage ... or go check if you turned it into the Limbus NPC, cause the game will still flag that you own the piece of gear as NQ instead of HQ(had this happen to me)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unless they changed something in the past year or so, I recall resetting my SMN and other AF quests while owning some or all of the NQ pieces. Tossing them or otherwise not owning them shouldn't be a requirement. Go to the Wiki and read to the end of all the quests. It's very possible you're missing something that might be listed as an "optional" cutscene, or a cutscene that occurs after you get the AF. Most people stop once they get the AF, without bothering to get any cutscenes that follow.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You did previously reset this AF series, correct? As in, this is the second time you're trying to reset it?

Having the Doublet now doesn't necessarily mean that you re-obtained it then, as discarding AF is not a prerequisite to resetting the quest series.

What's the result of you opening up the Uggalepih coffer on SMN? If I remember correctly, if you still have the previous Doublet and try to open a coffer (to obtain it again post-reset), you should get the usual "cannot be obtained" message. Bring the Doublet with you so that you can toss it in case you do get that message.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You did previously reset this AF series, correct? As in, this is the second time you're trying to reset it?

Having the Doublet now doesn't necessarily mean that you re-obtained it then, as discarding AF is not a prerequisite to resetting the quest series.

What's the result of you opening up the Uggalepih coffer on SMN? If I remember correctly, if you still have the previous Doublet and try to open a coffer (to obtain it again post-reset), you should get the usual "cannot be obtained" message. Bring the Doublet with you so that you can toss it in case you do get that message.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Teorem View Post
    Wouldn't you just get gil or an item instead?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

No. Under circumstances where you should be getting an AF piece from a coffer, if you try to open the coffer while already possessing the AF in your inventory/storage (i.e., not a claim slip) that you would be getting, you receive:

"Your inventory is full. You cannot carry any more items."

The coffer does not disappear and you do not receive gil or items. Drop the AF, open the coffer, and you get the AF back along with the flag for completion of that AF piece.

I just tested this tonight:

- checked with Vingijard that the dragoon artifact series was NOT on his resettable list
    - verified that all of my DRG AF quests were completed
    - pulled out my AF from the equipment storage NPC (receiving all 5 pieces, including the Drachen Mail that I did not re-obtain last time)
    - farmed a Cauldron Coffer Key
    - tried to open the chest on DRG, receiving the inventory full message as above (my inventory was NOT full)
    - tossed the Drachen Mail I had in my inventory
    - opened the Treasure Coffer, receiving a new Drachen Mail

Vingijard now lists the dragoon artifact series as an option to reset, whereas he didn't before I went and opened the coffer.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I will try the coffer where you get the doublet from just to see what happens, but I'm thinking it will just give me gil since that is what happened with the pigaches coffer. Also, this is the first time I am trying to reset smn af.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Did you throw out your SMN AF weapon as well? IIRC you need to toss all the pieces in order to re-quest the AF.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You don't have to toss anything to re-quest it, only to re-obtain a piece.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Did you throw out your SMN AF weapon as well? IIRC you need to toss all the pieces in order to re-quest the AF.
    No, please don't post false information.

Re:OP, no idea. I say go on SMN and try talking to all of the npcs in Windy that were related to SMN AF.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    No, please don't post false information.

Re:OP, no idea. I say go on SMN and try talking to all of the npcs in Windy that were related to SMN AF.
    Sorry, my mistake. I was told to drop my all my SAM AF in order to request it and I had no problems at all erasing my memory.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I guess I had reset my memory af before. I got doublet from coffer. Thx for help.