+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFRK - The Words That Started It All (VIII) Event & strategies

Placeholder. I'll finish it tonight (hopefully)

Which to choose. Which to choose...

Spoiler: show
    NSFW

I warned you.

Obvious answer is obvious.

"You know, the boys often choke on this test when I come with them. I guess my charm makes them nervous." - Quistis

"Ohh, a naughty magazine." - Rinoa

Event Start Date: September 13
    Event Bonus Battle: September 16
    Event End Date: September 23

All information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets and my own obviously expert analysis.

Much info for the event comes from this thread and its related links: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...fm&sh=d2e91308

Though the information provided is used as a guideline and not always taken directly from the thread. When necessary, additional thoughts on Cid Missions and battle strategies are added.

Notable Rewards:

New Characters Acquired:

Dress Spheres Acquired:

Old Characters Acquired:

New Memory Crystals:

Old Memory Crystals:

New Record Materia:

:

New Record Dive

New Legend Materia:

:

Acolyte Archives
    • Beat 'Disciplinary Committee 凶++' with a party consisting of FFVIII synergy characters.
    • Beat 'Ultima Weapon 滅++' with a party consisting of FFVIII synergy characters.

Balance Changes

Selphie - Dancer 5.

We already have this, but this is the event it was intended for.

Relics

Future Event Banner Comparison:

Element Boosts:
    Banner 1:
    • Dark:
    • Holy:

Banner 2:
    • Fire:
    • Water:

Ultra EX/Chase Type Glossary:
    Rules of thumb:
    1. Stat buffs from the EX mode have a unique ID and will stack with everything.
    2. Many USB’s come with a built in class damage boost. These are separate from the iteration class boosts and do stack.
    3. EX modes last 15 seconds, while buffs provided by the USB entry last 25 seconds. (Terra is an exception, with her EX Mode lasting 25 seconds).

Special Effects:
    • General Boost: These can be anything specifically tied to the EX Mode - HP Stock, Crit Fix, Cast Speed, Element Boost, Stat buffs, and even Break Damage Limit. This will stack with every other buff on the user, including other EX Modes.
    • Rank Boost: This provides a damage boost scaling with the rank of the ability used. The boost starts out at ~5% for R1 increasing to ~30% for R5+.
    • Class Boost: This provides a flat damage boost for a specific class of abilities (Knight, Black Magic, etc). Generally weaker than the Rank Boost at ~15-20%, but applies to all abilities under that class - including Burst commands.
    • Chase: Follow up attack(s) triggered by using abilities of a specific element or school while under the EX Mode. The number of these chase attacks can be random, reliant on the rank of the ability used (Rank Chase), status of the user (Status Chase), or increase in number as the trigger ability is used (Echo Chase).
    • Cycle: Unit receives a quickcast or instacast charge when using abilities tied to a specific element or school – generally meant to be used in repetition for maximum effect.
    • Build Up: A gradient damage boost toward a specific ability school based on the number of ability uses from the start of the battle to when the EX mode is applied. This buff is not tied to EX mode duration, and will persist whenever the EX mode is active.
    • Wind Up/Finisher: Generally applying to Summoners, this will provide additional damage based on the sum total of all type (class or element) damage done during EX mode when the mode expires. The unique aspect of this is that a recast of the USB will count toward the exit damage of the previous EX mode.
    • Phantom Cast: This effect will auto cast an attack every few second at a set rate independent of the character. The number of attacks or potency is not reliant on any outside factors (Haste, Slow, QC) and will generally produce 4 actions per EX Mode.
    • Cheer: This will grant a party wide effect after using a triggering ability. For example, Marche will triple the cast speed of every front row party member (himself included) for 1 turn after he uses a Knight ability.
    • Ability Double: This will guarantee that an ability will cast 2 times per use at the cost of 2 hones. The first cast can trigger appropriate W-Cast materia for a total of 3 hits, but the additional hits will not generate SB gauge.

Banner 1:

Returning Items:

Banner 2:

Returning Highlights:

Legend Materias:
    • B1 -
    • B1 -
    • B1 -
    • B1 -
    • B1 -

• B1 -
    • B1 -
    • B1 -
    • B1 -
    • B1 -

Relic Discussion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...tk&sh=50b3e380

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How is this even a discussion? Hot for teacher. All Day. Every Day.

Enjoy your vegan Bud Light banner. Its a keeno.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

THE Waifus banner right here. Hope I get lucky with my pull :X

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So the 260 fight, is it even possible to pull off without last stand?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It should be right? You could theoretically reraise/arise or have seifer dive (not worth), or just soldier on without them.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

And it's only 2 light pillars. I think you can 4 man the last 30% of it. I sure as heck could since Ultima targeted OK each time.

Because it's RNG, don't rely on an uber tank setup with HP Bubble. Though my Noctis with USB could survive it if he wanted to.