Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Corsair Bullet: Why bother?

I don't know, maybe it's just me being picky, but why would anyone bother with a Corsair Bullet over an Iron Bullet? Other than 2 more damage, the only thing I can think of is it may be cheaper to produce. Do we even know if the Corsair Bullet is pouchable?

Iron Bullet
    Lvl. 50 Dmg: 55
    Delay: 240

Corsair Bullet
    Lvl. 61 Dmg: 57
    Delay: 240

There is no dat for pouched Corsair Bullets.

I agree, the only reaonable benefit for this must be cost.

Do we have a recipe/source?

I was hoping they could have at least pushed the damage over 60 or made the delay a bit lower, so then COR would have something in between the damage range of Iron Bullet and Silver Bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenv
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4369/corpouchpx2.jpg

Hi.

My guess is that the pouch itself drops in the COR 60-cap solo ENM.

I highly doubt this. All other "Pulling the Strings" ENM items are Rare/Ex. I guess I'll try that ENM this evening.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I highly doubt this. All other "Pulling the Strings" ENM items are Rare/Ex. I guess I'll try that ENM this evening.
    Look up every Level 61 job-specific item in the game... there's a bit of a pattern you may see. Only job missing is PUP.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's interesting though... in addition to what you said, for all other jobs, the reward for that ENM is a level 61 rare/ex job specific item, but when scanning the items in the update there's nothing that fits the same bill for COR/BLU/PUP.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    It's interesting though... in addition to what you said, for all other jobs, the reward for that ENM is a level 61 rare/ex job specific item, but when scanning the items in the update there's nothing that fits the same bill for COR/BLU/PUP.
    Death Chakram is lv61 BLU, even if reported as All Jobs elsewhere. It's the item you get from the solo ENM.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    Death Chakram is lv61 BLU, even if reported as All Jobs elsewhere. It's the item you get from the solo ENM.
    Curse that Somepage patch compilation page!!

So what's the specualtion on the COR item? I believe someone above said nothing matches the trend for PUP. Perhaps they get some attachment or some BS like that.

I suspect that COR/PUP/BLU get an item with some sort of enchantment on it, but hey, maybe you can get Corsair bullets, who knows? Since these jobs are different perhaps they stepped outside of that pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplenv
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4369/corpouchpx2.jpg

Hi.

My guess is that the pouch itself drops in the COR 60-cap solo ENM.
    I fail at life.

I'll cancel my subscription now...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I suspect that COR/PUP/BLU get an item with some sort of enchantment on it, but hey, maybe you can get Corsair bullets, who knows? Since these jobs are different perhaps they stepped outside of that pattern.
    I'd normally be skeptical over it being the reward for COR except for it being Lv.61 JSE like every other item from 'Pulling the Strings.' For obvious stacking reasons, it's not going to be rare, though I'm uncertain why the bullets, or the pouches aren't ex. I'll assume they considered a bag of expendable bullets similar in usage/value to a piece of armor with 15 weak charges (lol BRD HP+20%).

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    (lol BRD HP+20%).

That is until you see a galka brd with 2k hps do a spirit's within.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by deathbloomz the idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    (lol BRD HP+20%).

That is until you see a galka brd with 2k hps do a spirit's within.
    You mean like myself on Dynamis Lord?

Edit: minus the shitty galka part, I think I had like bordering 1800 hp though

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I don't really get this thread at this point in time, why not bother? Unless it's retarded to get or overly expensive to craft or both, surely you'd want an extra 2D if you can.

lolcorsair

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I don't really get this thread at this point in time, why not bother? Unless it's retarded to get or overly expensive to craft or both, surely you'd want an extra 2D if you can.
    True I guess...I guess it should be "Why bother if..." since we don't know how these bullets will come about in the game. But if they cost significantly more than Iron Bullets, then yeah, I wouldn't bother.

I guess the Why bother was also aimed at SE...they could have at least made it do a few more damage and have less of a delay...but right now besides the 2 dmg, these bullets are nearly identical.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

True I guess...I guess it should be "Why bother if..." since we don't know how these bullets will come about in the game. But if they cost significantly more than Iron Bullets, then yeah, I wouldn't bother.

I guess the Why bother was also aimed at SE...they could have at least made it do a few more damage and have less of a delay...but right now besides the 2 dmg, these bullets are nearly identical.
    Sounds like the current theory is that these drop from the Solo ENM. Anyone tried it yet? It generally costs a decent chunk of change in items to solo these successfully, but I mean if they made it so these drop reliably in pouches (maybe 2-3 pouches per run), then combined with the free exp... Maybe not so bad.

But if it does drop here and it's just as random as the other solo ENM Job-specific jobs... Screw that.

Welcome to 99% of the HQ market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananas
    lolcorsair
    its really starting to lose its humor since lately people use it for everything