Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

CoP 6-4 "One to be Feared" Summoner Burn?

Hello all... I recently had an attempt at Ultima and Omega which ended in failure... party setup was PLD WAR BST RDM WHM SMN

we won't go into details aside from wipe on Omega @2% and used 3 CCBs

I read on another site that this fight can be done with 6 SMNs using regular BPs, and then 2 SMN 2hr on Omega to finish it off, and the other 4 on Ultima.
    noting only really %s and suggestions of meds to bring...

All Summoner party can win this fight. 2 Summoners Astral Flow on Omega at around 40%, using only regular Blood Pact until that time (reference to the element of the day for avatar preferance). On Ultima, the remaining 4 summoners Astral Flow at around 50% health. Bring Hi-Ether or comparable items for gaining MP back while waiting for 60 second timer on Blood Pact and Yagudo Drinks for refresh.

my questions are these,
    1.) would we still need CCB Polymers?
    2.) Has anyone ever personally done this fight this way?
    2b.) If so could you provide some insight?
    3.) Is there anything else i should know aside from the usual basic BC information?

thanks in advance

You took a pretty awful setup btw... try replacing the pld/bst/smn with something like nin/rng/brd

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, problem with that is the smn is static with me.. and thats his only 60+ job
    which also i think may be a problem come tenzen but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it

nin and rng i can try shouting for... but i figure i have smn67 and can take my static smn friend and pray to the gods themselves for another 4 smns to come along XD but thats still not a sure win in my book yet...

p.s. you think whm, rdm, brd, nin, DD, DD would be a wise setup?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tizoc View Post

Worked for me. The WHM just needs to be on top of his game for status ailments, and have 2 CCB polymers (3 if you wanna be safe) and you should do fine .

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TaruMortis View Post
    Worked for me. The WHM just needs to be on top of his game for status ailments, and have 2 CCB polymers (3 if you wanna be safe) and you should do fine .
    Thanks! I think i might try the smn burn with no CCBs just for kicks and grins...
    get my system and cleaned up today and fraps the fight if we get the SMNs for it. if that fails im going to fall back on that setup...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misa Amane
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Don't bother with RDM imo. BRD WHM and NIN are probably the three most important jobs for this fight. NIN needs an evasion setup and the BRD needs to be competent enough to keep mambo up. You can fill in the blanks with whatever DD tbh. BLM is very helpful to have for Stun. The optimal setup for this fight would probably be something like NIN BRD WHM BLM SAM SAM. Can beat in like 20 minutes with an experienced group.

SMN isn't entriely useless in this fight by any means, but there are better jobs that could take it's place. I'd actually say SMN 70+ is better on Tenzen than this fight, so I really wouldn't worry about Tenzen.

You can use as little as 3 CCBs and be fine in this fight 2 on Omega and 1 on Ultima at around 50%. This fight is all about everyone paying attention and doing their job. If you can find a group of people to do that then you'll be gold.

Also, apparently BLU are pretty awesome in this BC for headbutt spam.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

My group did it with WHM/BLM, RDM/WHM, BRD/WHM, NIN/WAR, SAM/WAR, PLD/WAR. PLD and NIN took turns taking hate when the other was getting pounded on. Worked out rather well. Used 2 CCBs on Omega, and 4 on Ultima. Was an easy win. Probably even easier now with the 2 handed buff, the SAM buffs, and the PLD buffs.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    Don't bother with RDM imo. BRD WHM and NIN are probably the three most important jobs for this fight. NIN needs an evasion setup and the BRD needs to be competent enough to keep mambo up. You can fill in the blanks with whatever DD tbh. BLM is very helpful to have for Stun. The optimal setup for this fight would probably be something like NIN BRD WHM BLM SAM SAM. Can beat in like 20 minutes with an experienced group.

SMN isn't entriely useless in this fight by any means, but there are better jobs that could take it's place. I'd actually say SMN 70+ is better on Tenzen than this fight, so I really wouldn't worry about Tenzen.

You can use as little as 3 CCBs and be fine in this fight 2 on Omega and 1 on Ultima at around 50%. This fight is all about everyone paying attention and doing their job. If you can find a group of people to do that then you'll be gold.
    I went off the assumption that that's what he had available to him, but yes that is a pretty ideal set up. I won my fight with the set up he listed. I believe I had nin, brd, whm (me) , war, rdm, and sam.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

well the two definate slots for this are a

SMN
    and me
    SMN NIN RDM PUP

we took PLD before because a friend who was helping said that is how he won it before. that and the fact that my nin gear is less than awesome...

tbh, you can win with a PLD, but it makes it harder. Once you have a competent nin/brd/whm trio, you can pretty much add any 3 other competent players and have a good shot at it.

Also, don't get hung up on CCB's, 6-4 can be beaten without any.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

well i figure CCBs are for use during low HP phases of Ultima and Omega for when they start doing Pile Pitch and the like

Yeah, they're certainly useful, just not essential.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good to know, thanks!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So long as you have form of Erase (for Ultimas Chemical Bomb iirc? the slow/elegy move), an EVA NIN setup or EVA PLD setup and CCB polymers you should be pretty much good to win this BCNM.

Don't be intmidated by tanking this on NIN so long as you have (or can borrow) some evasion gear since the two weapons are so terribly inaccurate. Make your getting a haste feed, keep debuffs up and just blink tank the hell out of the weapons - it really isnt as hard as you'd think.

My setup for this ages ago was NIN RDM RDM WHM THF SAM - easily less than ideal and it was for the most part a cakewalk.

Tips i have is to make sure whatever your DD are to have blink for Guided Missile (i dont remember if Hyper Pulse gets blinked, been too long) and to run a CCB rotation if your group is going to need breathing room. Dont forget that TP moves used on Omega are usually countered with response TP moves from him - usually Hyper Pulses and Guided Missiles so tell your DD to take it easy on the TP dumping if your being hammered by aoes.

When he starts Pile Pitching, that'd be the best time to dump 2hrs (or fire off a CCB) and put him down before he walks over to the mages or worse - starts firing off Guided Missiles within range of the mages. In most of the groups ive helped, latent Omega is usually what leads to failure.

Ultima is easier and again use a CCB rotation if you feel that your going to have problems dealing with his Antimatter-mode. Quick status removal will make this fight oh so easier because of the pattern of attack Ultima uses.

The fight isnt really that hard if you know what to expect, use CCBs and put the weapons down fast during the latent modes (Omegas Pile Pitch, Ultimas Antimatter).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ok so if i were to go nin how does this look gear wise?

Head: Emperor/Empress Hairpin (any alternatives?) Silk Headband +1 maybe?
    Body: Scorpion Harness?
    Hands: Storm Manopolas? (any alternatives?) possibly Jaridah Bazubands?
    Legs: Ninja Hakama / Jaridah Salvars ?
    Feet: Fuma Kyahan?
    Ring: ??
    Ear: Bat Earring x2 + Blinding Potions
    Weapon: Wind Staff?
    Ranged/ammo: ??
    Back: Night Cape? or High Breath Mantle?
    Neck: Spirit Torque?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In my opinion (I don't play ninja) but I would think the earrings + the staff would be a bad idea. You also want to do damage not only to speed the fight up but to help hold hate,

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

ok so if i were to go nin how does this look gear wise?

Head: Emperor/Empress Hairpin (any alternatives?) Silk Headband +1 maybe?
    Body: Scorpion Harness?
    Hands: Storm Manopolas? (any alternatives?) possibly Jaridah Bazubands?
    Legs: Ninja Hakama / Jaridah Salvars ?
    Feet: Fuma Kyahan?
    Ring: ??
    Ear: Bat Earring x2 + Blinding Potions
    Weapon: Wind Staff?
    Ranged/ammo: ??
    Back: Night Cape? or High Breath Mantle?
    Neck: Spirit Torque?
    Use katana (whatever you can scrounge up) and id use dodge earrings for the ears (so you can hit the bosses) and the rings would be up to you.

The rest of your gear looks fine for this BCNM honestly, blinding potions + bat earring is more for a PLD trying to eva tank this than a NIN.

I personally borrowed an emp pin the one time i did this on NIN (original run i went SAM), scorp harness, spirit torque, dodgex2, Raja/Venerer, AF Pants, Fuma (borrowed) and the rest i forget - your gear is pretty much the same if not better.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misa Amane
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

well the two definate slots for this are a

SMN
    and me
    SMN NIN RDM PUP

we took PLD before because a friend who was helping said that is how he won it before. that and the fact that my nin gear is less than awesome...
    Why are you taking PUP? ;x

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    Why are you taking PUP? ;x
    They're not, those are the jobs the OP has 60+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast