+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Juno     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Demosthenes11

Juno

did anybody else see this movie?
    I feel really gay for liking it (especially the soundtrack jfc), but it was pretty damn good.
    Was surprisingly very well acted, comedy at the right times, etc.

Am i the only one? :X

Re: Juno

I saw this too with my girlfriend, both thought it was a good funny movie. You're not alone<3

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I want to see it but I don't think its playing near me. The guy from superbad and arrested development is in it which is a big plus from me.

Demosthenes11

I saw it with my gf as well, It's the perfect date movie for those of you looking for one.

It was a great movie, Michael Cera did an awesome job.

I actually got my g/f to watch this movie with me. I was curious cause it received a lot of hype when it came out in selected theatres. Really good movie imo. I actually like the soundtrack just like the OP that I "got" it that same night, lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Chick who wrote this got her start by writing a colum (sp?) for City Pages, one of those free papers you can pickup in bars in Minneapolis. She was a stripper at the time and it was a colum about weird things that happened to her while she was stripping.

Pretty nice climb lol.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Juno was great. My only complaint is that seeing Michael Cera and Jason Bateman in the same movie made me want more Arrested Development really badly.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I want to see it =/

I hate movies that are just a series of one liners, which this is. This movie was that, but it was actually done in a realistic way because of the comedic timing and acting of the people involved. Plus, the 1-liners were just so damn memorable. With all that in mind, I thought this movie was fantastic and I would highly recommend it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

damn, my crap little town doesn't show ANY of the movies I wanna see. wtf?

THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I thought it was excellent and well-deserving of its positive reception and accolades. My only minor gripe is Juno herself is just too "quippy" for a 16 year old girl. Most 16 year old girls aren't as lightning sharp as that, or as funny (she does at times sound like a really funny, super smart 25 year old, not 16 year old).

On the other hand, I think it was very realistic in how they handled the pregnancy throughout the movie. It wasn't really pro-life, or pro-choice, just "this is what happens, this is how we cope with it."

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I just played a little Guitar Hero 3 and ran across a Sonic Youth song. It reminded me of "I got another Sonic Youth CD... and it sucked! It was just noise!" Kids these days just don't understand ;_;

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

It's well done, but it feels like alot of the kid dialogue was written by, well, a stripper from Minneapolis. I'm 27 now, but I don't feel so out of touch with "kids these days" that I can't recognize fake-kidspeak when I hear it. It just falls false on the ear.

Other than that, very good movie.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    It's well done, but it feels like alot of the kid dialogue was written by, well, a stripper from Minneapolis. I'm 27 now, but I don't feel so out of touch with "kids these days" that I can't recognize fake-kidspeak when I hear it. It just falls false on the ear.

I think that's more of just a regional thing. I actually have heard some people talk like that, but not here in cali definitely

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane

I think that's more of just a regional thing. I actually have heard some people talk like that, but not here in cali definitely
    Well, I'm from "one state over" here in Wisconsin, so I took that into consideration.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Madison =/= Minneapolis, you people call drinking fountians bubblers. That being said I haven't seen Jeuno so I can neither confirm or deny the point you are trying to make.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    That being said I haven't seen Jeuno

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Madison =/= Minneapolis, you people call drinking fountians bubblers.
    I had thought "bubbler" was a RI exclusive term until I moved to Madison. I still don't understand how people in Madison get it, yet Hartford/Worcester/Boston/Manchester don't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast