Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Windower Music pack opinions and additions

Hey there! Recently we at Windower released Project Spoony Bard, a combination of Vanatunes and the XI-Util plugin SpoonyBard, I released an official Music pack to go along with it. Now I plan on Updating this music pack often when new updates to the game are made but I want to still get opinions from the community on what should be added and or replaced. I have a list on our new Windower wiki on what I currently have in the music pack and what I currently need in the music pack. The music pack is video game music only.

http://confluence.windower.net/displ...usic+Pack+1.00

If anyone has noticed, our new wiki is almost finished. I also created a section for people who are creating their own music pack to host a list of whats in theirs.

http://confluence.windower.net/displ...ed+Music+Packs

You can register a wiki account here for any edits made on the Windower wiki:

http://jira.windower.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Ill be posting this also on FFXIAH to get opinions there as well. The more opinions on what to use, the closer the music pack is completed.

Thank you for supporting Windower.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Option to listen to the pack?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Option to listen to the pack?
    I did post a link to where you can listen to the music before you download it.

http://confluence.windower.net/displ...usic+Pack+1.00

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If SpoonyBard/Vanatunes could do two things I would download them in a heart beat:

1) Play the FFX battle theme when I am fighting on SMN.

2) Play the FFXIII battle theme during Voidwatch.

I don't use many plug-ins, that combination would make me use this. (I the Voidwatch one seems like it is possible, I don't know if the SMN one is though.)

EDIT- I noticed that you had the wrong song listed for Flee. This is a link to the proper Flee/Bolter's Roll/Chocobo Mazurka/Quickening song.

You're welcome.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

lol Im more or less going for Video game music for this pack but I do like that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hyshio View Post
    lol Im more or less going for Video game music for this pack but I do like that.
    Yackety Sax can be the one exception because it is awesome.

Anyway, about the specific song for specific jobs thing...?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Jobs can be an idea but atm it cant. Certain flags set off the vanatunes plugin to play certain themes with the help of SpoonyBard. The VW thing is very possible however It would be easier to give the NMs their own themes in VW each. I already to this with the end path bosses.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jobs can be an idea but atm it cant. Certain flags set off the vanatunes plugin to play certain themes with the help of SpoonyBard. The VW thing is very possible however It would be easier to give the NMs their own themes in VW each. I already to this with the end path bosses.
    Status Icon 427 is Voidwatch, I figured it would be easier to make one song for the status than to put in song(s) for each NM.

That does bring up a question, what is the priority for song choice. I would guess Status > Monster > Battle Field Zone.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

yes Buff > NM > BC > Mob > Zone

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If I could have clash on the big bridge play while fighting some boss (if only there was a gilgamesh fight in this game), I would actually turn my music back on for the first time in... since a few weeks months after NA release.

Upon further inspection, I would totally fucking love to make a music pack. I love video game music, and linking music with places. I have a friend who would also be incredibly fucking interested, lol, but i lost contact with her recently :<

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I must be missing a step here - Launch XI-U, Launch using sandbox, select Radec (occasionally doesn't show up in the dropdown), select windower, apply, zone into new area... nothing. //spoony profile windower, zone into another new area, nothing.

Tested in Qufim, Abyssea Uleg.

Using admin account.

Vanatunes 2.0 is in the windower/plugins folder, correct? or does it need to be in XIU's?

Edit: addiontally babylon won't echo translations.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    I must be missing a step here - Launch XI-U, Launch using sandbox, select Radec (occasionally doesn't show up in the dropdown), select windower, apply, zone into new area... nothing. //spoony profile windower, zone into another new area, nothing.

Tested in Qufim, Abyssea Uleg.

Using admin account.

Vanatunes 2.0 is in the windower/plugins folder, correct? or does it need to be in XIU's?
    Vanatunes needs to be in the windower plugins folder. XI_Util should just update the plugin for Spoonybard itself when it auto updates. Sandbox has nothing to do with this plugin and I dont recomend using it with it.

You also need music for the music pack or else it wont work.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Vanatunes needs to be in the windower plugins folder. XI_Util should just update the plugin for Spoonybard itself when it auto updates. Sandbox has nothing to do with this plugin and I dont recomend using it with it.

You also need music for the music pack or else it wont work.
    Music pack dealt with, pile of .bgw in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\music\data\*.bgw

Check for updates returns "Your software is up to date"

Reloaded w/out sandbox, still no dice.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Theres a file called windower profile that has the profile list needed to operate the music pack. You put those into your SpoonyBard folder in XI-Util. W/o that, you cant run it.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes, done that.

Edit: SpoonyBard.dll is version 1.0.0.1, correct version?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

http://forums.windower.net/topic/20616-spoonybard/

Follow this and post any problems there. Id rather not use this topic on how to work the plugin.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Question: am I right to assume this plugin checks for certain events in game and then plays the music of your choice (mp3/etc) from a folder instead of the default?

Basically before level cap 85, I had the game's music replaced in such a way that:

Outside solo: FF13 battle
    Dungeon solo: FF8 Battle
    Battlefield: FF13 Boss
    Party: FF8 Laguna's Battle
    Dungeon Party: FF8 Laguna Battle
    CoP Solo: FF7 battle
    Jueno: Balamb Garden
    Whitegate: Midgar theme

etc etc

If this plugin allows it to be changed on the fly without me needing to replace and rename files repeatedly then that would be grand! Would make coming back more fun.

On World of Warcraft, there is a similar plugin that does this, where game music can be replaced by a bunch of mp3s in a certain folder that plays depending on area/mob you're fighting, etc. Due to WoW having no actual battle music, I felt if I didn't have this addon, I would've quit the game ages ago. It's nearly this addon that's keeping me going.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Its .bgw only. Have to convert music to this format the old fashion way. Though during making this plugin, we discovered how to change the internal number of the file by hex editing the .bgw file so it can match the external number. Example: Music800 if only changed by a simple rename would still have an internal number of 100 to the game itself unless you hex edit the numbers itself. The new core of Vanatunes wont play numbers with the same internal number. It will think you are already playing that file.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I find Buburimu peninsula to be a little too heavy for the type of zone it is, though Bibiki bay is perfect
    Jugner is amazing, i love this infact.

also, as far as opinions on what I'd like added,
    I havent been there yet but I have a suggestion for Altepa desert at night, which would be Tiberian Sun's Pharotek
    for Sky at night i would suggest Skyward fire of Unreal tournament

no pun on sky. its just something ive always thought would fit...

I'm in love with this plugin, breathes a bit of life into the zones i find...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i tried to use these stuff but i dont know how