BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Suikoden series

I've always looked (but never touched) this game series and I understand it's pretty popular.

I was wondering what people's opinions of the game / storyline were (as I saw nobody so far has listed any Suikoden game under the best game ever topic)

I read a little bit about it on Wiki and I also see that EP V is first if you look at it from a timeline perspective, so is it better to play V first or I first? Or just not play it at all?

Thanks

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I played a couple, but couldn't get into the story (I don't like games where you have all those split options and you gotta choose which way to go, just not my thing.)

The story lines are very similar between the games, usually centering around Runes and trying to find them, use them, people who are special because they are imbuned with them, etc...

Most people like 2 the best, it is the best, but if u want a more contemporary one, I'd go with 3. I never played 4 cause it didn't look that great, others may disagree, and I could not even finish 5 because it bored the hell out me.

The games have tons of characters, 100+, so many are not developed very well. However, because there are so many, you get to choose which ones you like based on fight style and looks, which was fun.

Battle system is kinda meh, totally turned based, not hard.

Thats what I would say, 2 and 3 are worth playing, both fun.

New Merits
    BG Level

1 and 3 are pretty good, while 2 is amazing, but incredibly expensive and rare. I haven't played the latest games, but I don't hear very good things D:

storywise, it doesn't matter that often, play any in the order that you can aquire them in. I played 2 first, 1 afterwards and 3 after that. Never touched 4, but 5 is very good.

Also, I listed 2 as one of my favourite games of all time. I liked it the most because the characters are just better then the other games, second favourite would have to be 5 though.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was good, II was excellent, but both may seem dated if you play them today. It's also noteworthy that II is one of the hardest to find/expensive games on the PSX. As far as PS2 games go, Suikoden V is by far the best of the three available.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Has anyone played Suikoden Tactics and have an opinion on it?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Suikoden series

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    I've always looked (but never touched) this game series and I understand it's pretty popular.

I was wondering what people's opinions of the game / storyline were (as I saw nobody so far has listed any Suikoden game under the best game ever topic)

I read a little bit about it on Wiki and I also see that EP V is first if you look at it from a timeline perspective, so is it better to play V first or I first? Or just not play it at all?

Thanks
    Are you.... blind?

1st page, post 14, and for the next few posts are suikoden discussion, and it's also repeated again a few times.

Play 1>2>3>4>5

1 might not hook you very well, I dunno since I started with 2, but if for some reason you don't like the first one then play the second, and then replay the first one.

EDIT: Bottom line, start with 1 or 2, because those are the best in the series. 3 and 4 are kinda meh, but they're still good plays to grasp the story as a whole. 5 is much better (than 3/4) but I still suggest starting with 1 or 2.

Also, 5 isn't first on timeline perspective, 4 happens first.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Eh I must have missed it, I was really out of it this morning when I was looking

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I played 1 and 2, and pretty much wanted to stab my eyes out, needless to say I didnt play the others because the others didnt appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    I played 1 and 2, and pretty much wanted to stab my eyes out, needless to say I didnt play the others because the others didnt appeal to me.
    Really? They were by far the best in the series, probably better than any other RPG that was out at the time. They just never got big because their production run was so small.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It might of been because I was on an RPG binge, I never owned PS1, and I bought a PS2 about 2 years after release, so I was playing a lot of RPGs at the time. I borrowed my friends PS1 to play Lunar and I played the FFs on PC before I bought a stolen PS2 for 100$ >.>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

2nd one was the best in the serious. 3 had a really crappy game play, i didnt like it. I tried 4 but didnt get to like it either, 5 was ok.

you're really missing out. Even years later I can still play 2, because it owns so much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Suikoden is really the only game which, to me, has replayability.... well maybe Final Fantasy series too.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The Suikoden series is the most precious one to me. Minus Tactics and IV, I played them but they just didn't have that same feeling as the other games. I, II, III and V are all really brilliant and addictive. The stories are always very sad.. but have their very good/funny moments. I really recommend you play this series.

PS Luca Blight = most badass villain of all time.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aero
    Suikoden is really the only game which, to me, has replayability.... well maybe Final Fantasy series too.
    I can replay the first Valkyrie Profile forever probably. I've played through it at least 20 times and I never get tired of it. I've played through Suikoden 2 alot but not as much as VP.

Edit while I was typing:

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    PS Luca Blight = most badass villain of all time.
    QF fucking T. Out of possibly every boss battle I've fought across many RPGs the Luca Blight battle was my most memorable. Taking him down with 3 parties one by one and then a dual to the death. God that was so fucking cool.

I have to agree, Luca Blight and everything about him gave me chills, the fight with him was so awesome, after all that shit it still took everything you had to bring him down.

Totally epic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Which one is luca blight from?

2!!

Play it now, Luca is a crazy strong bitch, strongest person in the world without runes or somethng like that.