+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI Sound Effects     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FFXI Sound Effects

So i have had my sound turned off for the last year on my laptop for ffxi. Well tonight my friend asked what the sound effects were like cause he plays EQ2 and i go and turn them on and no sound effects. I get the Zone music and the fighting music but nothing else. I shut my computer off and restarted it and nothing. Checked my sound card settings and they are all go. Played a couple animes and sound worked fine. Logged on without windower and still no sound effects.

Any of you got any suggestions? Not that i am gonna keep the effects turned on just now this annoys me

You didn't like, turn the in-game sound volume down all the way did you? <_< Do you still hear calls?

I don't hear anything other than the Music from the zone which changes when you engage a target. I went to Menu>Config>Gameplay and turned my sound affects all the way up and nothing. Went to POL>FFXI Config>Sound and "Enable Sound" is checked and SoundEffectNum is 20. My controller vibrats with <calls> just not getting any sound.