1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 15 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Currently Closed Off Areas

I figured we could use a thread documenting all the closed off areas that will hopefully be open soon. I'll start us off!

Thanalas Bluefog Camp:
    Mako Reactor City!
    Spoiler: show

Gated off in at least 3 different places. there were mobs behind the gate.

pink = gate. I didn't get to check the west side cause I got killed by a wolf.

Coerthas Dragonhead Camp
    Giant ass castle thingy.
    Spoiler: show

Blocked off by a gate and 2 NPCs

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

La Noscea -

A cave north of Iron Lake, which is surrounded by Kobolds. Most likely an entrance to O'Ghomoro. Invisible wall + NPC. (26,3)

A cave at The Isles of Umbra. Invisible wall + NPC. (5,20)

Northern Islands at the northern end of Limsa Lominsa. Invisible wall. (?,?)

The path leading west to the Slophouse and The Whale's Gape areas inside Mistbeard Cove. Closed door. (?,?)

Thanalan -

More than one set Antling burrow-looking holes that lead to the same caves. Probably an entrance to the Crawler's Nest of Antlings. Invisible wall + NPC. (?,?)

Near the Miners' Guild in Ul'dah there is a hall assumed to lead to a mine. Might just be for decoration, but the map extends much further than the gate. Closed gate. (?,?)

The Black Shroud -

Lily Hills at the northern end of Gridania, looks just like Lotus Gardens. Invisible wall. (6,1)

Black Boar Gate at the northern end of Gridania, right next to the Lancers' Guild. Likely the path north towards future zones of Xelphatol and Gyr Abania. Closed gate. (7,2)

Moonspore Grove at the northeastern area. Probably a cutscene/instance area involving the Sylph. Blocked by boulders. (53,20)

A dungeon just south of Camp Nine Ivies. Looks similar to other dungeons of the zone. Closed door + NPC. (46,33)

They better start opening up more areas soon. And fix the mob placement. Maybe move all the high level mobs to the new areas and leave the level 3 marmots in the starting zones.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ul'dah - Nears Alchemists guild theres a set of stairs going to a 3rd level of the city that is blocked off.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Bluefog isn't closed off, theres a cave at 23-24 in the bottom left corner of the square that takes you there.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Bluefog isn't closed off, theres a cave at 23-24 in the bottom left corner of the square that takes you there.
    I didn't say Bluefog was closed off.
    The area I'm talking about is inside bluefog camp.

and we'z be on the same server I see

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I was seriously wondering how the hell I was supposed to get there. Thanks.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That Giant Ass Castle Thingy is Ishgard, isn't it?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Chrystolis View Post
    That Giant Ass Castle Thingy is Ishgard, isn't it?
    yes

How much of the game's world map is unaccounted for?

Sagacious Sundi

There's also a door in an empty "room" in Little Ala Mhigo (Eastern Thanalan), although I suppose that might just be like other home doors, as in it's there so we can imagine that the NPCs actually live somewhere beyond what we see.

Also, I'm assuming there's an entrance to Paglth'an near Zanr'ak, given the name. (I couldn't get passed this army of ahriman.)

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    Well, there's 5 more regions, not counting the Garlean Empire.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1...ldmaplarge.jpg

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Entire regions of:

O'Ghomoro
    Dravania (Housing the city-state of Sharlavan)
    Xelphatol
    Gyr Abania (Housing the now destroyed city-state of Ala Mhigo)

Small locales like:

The Pearl
    Mazlava
    Cape Deadwind
    Vafaem Saltmoor
    Adalatia's Seine
    The Farreach
    The Cieldalaes
    Carteneau Flats

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Theres alot of areas blocked off that can be unlocked but i got a question about the other regions.
    O'Ghomoro, Dravania, Xelphatol, Gyr Abania and Paglth'an are on the map and are mentioned by npcs but are they actually in the game data yet? Since SE usually didnt actually add areas in XI version updates just unlock them, if these regions arn't already in game perhaps they are the first expansion?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

As far as I know, there are no models/maps/etc in the game for areas we haven't seen. Even if you get past Ishgard's gate, the cliff just ends before you can reach the bridge to the castle.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I doubt SE is going to add them in a version update, we'd be looking at patches in the gigabytes. If we're lucky we'll get Ishgard. SE are probably hard at work finishing off the areas, they'll probably release an expansion with them next year. Or maybe they will make us download them, after all the system requirements specify 6gb of downloads.

Since you could probably level to 50 in the current areas, it seems they'll be used for increasing the level cap.

Then there's apparently two more continents, but those will be years away.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I doubt SE is going to add them in a version update, we'd be looking at patches in the gigabytes.
    We had patches several gigabytes in size during beta, why not now? It's not like they're a direct download as in FFXI.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Then there's apparently two more continents, but those will be years away.
    They had Mithran homeland and the Gigas' homeland continents planned out for XI from what I had seen... ;/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I expect tons of updates >_>;

Maybe Ishgard is actually active. I think all we need is a specific mission done (just like sky or sea in FFXI). We'll see once we reach lv50, I guess u_u

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm almost certain there is no physical environment model for Ishgard, nor a map yet. The dialog from the nearby Ishgard knights imply that it's going to take some sort of achievement to be allowed in, unless they are going to change every bit of their dialog and explainations for why the gates are shut when they open them.