BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Katsuhiro Harada interested in making a Xenosaga HD Collection

Not really sure on proper way to title this, also feel as if it deserves its own thread.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ng78i3

To Xenosaga fan community.

I do understand that you all are desiring “Xenosaga HD Collection”. Also, I do appreciate all your passionate comments.

I do understand your feeling to “tweet every day until the day Xenosaga HD collection comes real”. However, what I need in order to achieve your dream, is not to have tweets from the “same person” sent to me every day.

It has been a long time since Xenosaga has been released. It really brings back memories of those days they were developing the first Xenosaga staying up all night, when the TEKKEN Project was also staying up all night on the same floor at office.

A while back, triggered by the overseas version of Project X Zone, I have conducted a research and calculated if there is a business chance for Xenosaga HD Remaster.

It was a very simple research at that time. Yet, research does cost money. And at that time, I was not able to seek business chance.

In other words, I was not able to find the necessary market size that will pay for the development fee needed to create the HD remaster. Back then, the reactions on [social networking sites] and unique users were rather few in number. It may be that I didn’t work hard enough.

Measures such as Kickstarters are as of last resort, and at any rate we will not have a chance of winning as it stands now. It will not gather people by crowdfunding without creating some kind of big movement to support it.

To be honest, I was about to give up and I’m troubled.

What I need, are the voices from many fans. This is a little different from having “messages sent every day from the same person”. Although I do understand the deep love for the game, more than that, the cheers from as many “unique users” as possible is what is needed.

Digging further, I will not be able to believe comments like “I’ll buy 100 copies!”. Most companies will not believe in it. It is not realistic for one person to tweet 100 times every day, or buy 100 copies alone. It’s more realistic if you bring 10 fans to the game (not to mention, it wouldn’t mean anything by having the same person suddenly creating alternate accounts. I will be able to tell those).

What’s important in these kinds of cases is the number of unique users. It means more to have 100 people mentioning they want the game one time, rather than having one person repeating it 100 times. A miracle would happen if several tens of thousands are gathered at the end.

Of course, involvement from the company is needed for this but…

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can it take a cue from Xenosaga 1 and 2 for the DS and use the battle system from 1 in episode 2?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I think you're going to get a lot of hopes up for no reason with that title lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You'd have to pay me to go through a 720p'd version of Xenosaga 2 again, unless they retool the trilogy.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Only if the HD Collection adds onto the games, implements the Missing Year, and completely revamps episode two. This is coming from a die-hard Xeno fan.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I just mentioned this in another thread not to long ago. I went ahead and tweeted my support to the dude. Hopefully it makes sense business wise, there's not a lot of JRPGs being made anymore.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Honestly, I'd be on board with this as long as 2 was fixed. Really enjoyed this series.

I still secretly hope for a remake of Xenogears (with more gameplay for the "second disc" >.>), but I know that will never happen.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I totally read this as Xenogears HD and got all hype. Fuck. I'm on board as long as they fix Episode 2 because that shit sucked.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I love the across the board agreement that Episode 2 needs to be fixed.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    I totally read this as Xenogears HD and got all hype. Fuck. I'm on board as long as they fix Episode 2 because that shit sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I love the across the board agreement that Episode 2 needs to be fixed.
    Had the topic been 'Xenogears HD collection tweeted about' you'd see congruent agreement on fixing Disc 2's content :D

BG Level

I've long lost hope for any official remake of Xenogears. I'm merely waiting for the day when PSX-style fan games are piss easy to produce like you currently see with NES/SNES games.

I'll do it myself then.

Really loved Episode 1, but never had a chance to play the rest of the series. Was actually just reminded about this game a couple days ago when talking to a friend and they mentioned that they loved the series, and I had no idea that they were into this sort of game.

Since I only got to play E1, I would definitely buy a complied HD version of the game! I don't know though, it seems so rare that a game actually gets made when it is "relied upon the fans to show their support for it being made", but maybe I'm just still bitter about Megaman Legends 3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

It's been a long time since I played that trilogy, what was the issue with Xenosaga 2? Did someone say these are on a handheld or did I misread someones post?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    It's been a long time since I played that trilogy, what was the issue with Xenosaga 2? Did someone say these are on a handheld or did I misread someones post?
    JP only. They did a Xenosaga I & II release on DS and used the battle system from I in both. And the biggest issue with 2 is the battle system so.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And the frigging sidequests. Fix that in 2, speed up the battle system in 1 and I'd be happy.

BG Level

The Rubedo centric story in episode two was a pretty jarring change as well from episode one due to Soryaga's sudden departure.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

The story I remember was very very good, I couldn't put 3 down as you would learn about how everything ended up connected, who was who etc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'd rather an HD game, on the scale/quality of Xenosaga, then an HD remake of Xenosaga.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I'd rather an HD game, on the scale/quality of Xenosaga, then an HD remake of Xenosaga.
    Best you're gonna get.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I would be fine with all 3 games released as one. I would not be ok with all 3 games released separately. Though I assume all 3 in one package is what they mean by "collection".

If this happens, it really needs to have all the stuff they cut and didnt release here stateside.

Heres the rub though, PS3/4 or Wii U? Monolith is 2nd party, and Nintendo could front the money (would they want to, however, with Xenoblade around the corner) to Bamco to do it for the Wii U. It might fit better on the PS3/4, but then that adds to the PS4 simply being a HD port machine and Sony really seems to be pushing a lot harder now to not be viewed like that.